• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Wow that looks good! I'm on a Keto diet right now so that would be "off limits" to me.
Really?!!?? I never knew..... I just assumed because tomatoes, basil, a shallot, etc. that it would be keto friendly. Guess I need to look up the sugar content of tomatoes.

ETA: recipe list 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugar

Really?!!?? I never knew..... I just assumed because tomatoes, basil, a shallot, etc. that it would be keto friendly. Guess I need to look up the sugar content of tomatoes.

ETA: recipe list 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugar
Yeah, I'm a couple weeks in and have been really strict so far. It's going great! I am thinking of introducing tomatoes soon probably in the form of homemade tomato sauce. You are correct. From what I'm reading, a lot of people do incorporate tomatoes.

Meat sauce & rigatoni again. This one's definitely in the regular rotation now!

View attachment 84391

~Boar
I appreciate the fresh grating of cheese on top. Very nice.

If I may make a suggestion, when preparing pasta with sauce, I always recommend mixing the pasta with the sauce, preferably over a light heat, but if not, at least in the pot or in a bowl. This allows the pasta to absorb some of the sauce which creates a more pleasurable eating experience. I'm not a chef but I certainly like eating pasta.

I appreciate the fresh grating of cheese on top. Very nice.

If I may make a suggestion, when preparing pasta with sauce, I always recommend mixing the pasta with the sauce, preferably over a light heat, but if not, at least in the pot or in a bowl. This allows the pasta to absorb some of the sauce which creates a more pleasurable eating experience. I'm not a chef but I certainly like eating pasta.

You do you & I'll do me.

~Boar

Decided it was time for another meat sauce! This time I used pork boneless "ribs" instead of beef shank, and Holy Trinity instead of mirepoix, but tons of garlic & red Italian wine like always. And TIME.

GTwmKbFWEAATMtb.jpeg

After about four hours of simmering, covered, the meat has come apart & basically dissolved into the sauce. From there I just simmer it however much longer I have till dinner time, uncovering it & turning up the heat slightly about half an hour out to let it reduce & thicken.

GTxLQHbXsAAjE11.jpeg

Great success! 😁 🤌

GTxddOmX0AAWQ7h.jpeg

~Boar