• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I was pursuing YouTube cooking videos this morning, and found one for Shakshuka so I decided to make it for dinner. Very tasty and easy! About 45 mins start to finish, with about half of that time waiting for Mrs_Nihon to get home.

Sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes that cook for about 30 mins, then add eggs that cook in the broth. I added the leftover venison at the end, just to warm it up. A little cilantro and goat cheese garnish with a side of toast and a glass of white wine.

2024-06-13 20.37.49.jpg

Recipe: https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2015/10/shakshuka-say-it-with-me-now.html

No pic, but had “grilled” (pan seared) fish tacos. Used mahi-mahi. Picked up a salsa verde, salsa casera roja, and a habanero hot sauce called yellow bird. They were delicious, AND healthy!

Recipe:

Thanks! I gave it about three hours. Half hour or so more after the meat fell apart.

Love a good made from scratch meat sauce recipe. I have another version I make with boneless pork ribs that takes ALL day.

~Boar
It’s making me hungry just thinking about it! Lol.

Love a good simmer all day meal. Can work up a good appetite while just being in the vicinity hehe. :)

Although I cook and occasionally take photos, I guess restaurant photos are not allowed. Although some of these look like could be in a restaurant. Good stuff, now I'm dying for Crabcakes Benedict for breakfast

Although I cook and occasionally take photos, I guess restaurant photos are not allowed. Although some of these look like could be in a restaurant. Good stuff, now I'm dying for Crabcakes Benedict for breakfast
Title says it all. Lots of restaurant photos in this thread.

Blackened Cod, Cilantro Lime Rice & Cajun Corn 😋

GQZMMDuW4AIgoC6.jpeg

~Boar

EDIT TO ADD: Just wanted to share the really cool rice hack I've been using since coming across it on a recipe site---coconut water! Instead of plain water, use coconut water, a pat of butter, duck fat or coconut oil, and a bit of sea salt when you put it in the cooker. When it's done, add the lime or lemon zest & juice, let that absorb then add your chopped herbs & let it sit on warm another 5 minutes before serving.

It comes out REALLY creamy & flavorful.

Last edited: