• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

That looks wonderful John @jfields. If you have an abundance of basil you could make some pesto. Right now we have way too many cherry tomatoes . Sautéed a big head of garlic in olive oil, added ripened cherry tomatoes, oregino, parsley, salt and pepper. Cooked until it reach the consistency desire and served over penne topped with chopped basel.
IMG_9032.jpeg

That looks wonderful John @jfields. If you have an abundance of basil you could make some pesto. Right now we have way too many cherry tomatoes . Sautéed a big head of garlic in olive oil, added ripened cherry tomatoes, oregino, parsley, salt and pepper. Cooked until it reach the consistency desire and served over penne topped with chopped basel.
View attachment 85070
Do you have a recipe used for pesto Tom?

Do you have a recipe used for pesto Tom?
This is one of those recipes where nothing has to be exact and is not intended for those shy of garlic.

7 cloves of garlic
3 handfuls of basil
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1/2 cup of Pinole nuts, walnuts are a less expensive option
1 cup of parmesan cheese
Black pepper

We make this using our food processor.
Mince the garlic, add basil and mix as you drizzle the olive oil in. Add the nuts and cheese just pulsing so they get mixed in and not minced. Add black pepper to taste.

This freezes great and easily last throughout the year. At room temperature mix it into the warm pasta. Adding more parm on top at the table is also not unheard of.

Last edited:
This is one of those recipes where nothing has to be exact and is not intended for those shy of garlic.

7 cloves of garlic
3 handfuls of basil
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1/2 cup of Pinole nuts, walnuts are a less expensive option
1 cup of parmesan cheese
Black pepper

We make this using our food processor.
Mince the garlic, add basil and mix as you drizzle the olive oil in. Add the nuts and cheese just pulsing so they get mixed in and not minced. Add black pepper to taste.

This freezes great and easily last throughout the year. At room temperature mix it into the warm pasta. Adding more parm on top at the table is also not unheard of.
Could a good Pecorino Romano like Locatelli be used with the Parmesan cheese?

A guy I know gave me some eggplants from his garden. I have tomatoes, basil, and oregano growing. So, eggplant parmigiana. Everything is fresh and homegrown, except for the three cheeses I used. Italian green beans Grandma Williams style to go with it. 😎

I've never made marinara from scratch before, but man was this delicious!
IMG_1775.jpegIMG_1776.jpegIMG_1778.jpegIMG_1780.jpeg

My great grandmother's spaghetti and meatball recipe, and it was always with rigatoni. From scratch with whole tomatoes. Was a traditional Sunday dinner with a salad and homemade bread. Was feeling a bit nostalgic for it, and the meatballs hit the spot. IMG_1793.jpegIMG_1797.jpegIMG_1798.jpeg

Went to Katz deli in New Haven for lunch with friends yesterday. Best pastrami in Connecticut, hands down!View attachment 85632

Tom, mean looking sandwich and I am sure you suffered through it. Reminds me of the old Nacy days and a trip to Portsmouth VA where we had a true Jewish deli when they double steamed the pastrami. It is a good day to die and go the heaven. Good times and a great memory. Be well.