• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Been making it since I was a kid. Basically boil the shit out of apples, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, sugar, and whatever else seems right. Run it through the apple saucer and boil it until it thickens up.
Justin, where did you grow up? And how long have you been a creative cook?

Justin, where did you grow up? And how long have you been a creative cook?
Grew up in southeast Montana. Can't say I'd consider myself a creative cook, but got into cooking when I got a job in an Italian kitchen at age16. Interest and time for cooking has ebbed and flowed since.

ETA: My mom has a giant apple tree in the back yard, so we used to make apple sauce, apple butter, and apple crisp A LOT.

Grew up in southeast Montana. Can't say I'd consider myself a creative cook, but got into cooking when I got a job in an Italian kitchen at age16. Interest and time for cooking has ebbed and flowed since.

ETA: My mom has a giant apple tree in the back yard, so we used to make apple sauce, apple butter, and apple crisp A LOT.
With the things you post, I'd say there is a lot of creativity there!

First try at wontons. Having a great happy hour with the wife right now. They have a really good flavor even without the dipping sauces but I’ll do something with Ramon like @Not A Nice Person did with the one’s I froze.
If you simmer sliced ginger root, star anise, cardamom pods, cloves & half an onion in beef bone broth for 15-20 minutes you get . . . pho. Well, the quickie version of it, anyway. Strain the spices out, throw some chopped scallions & celery in, add your wontons to cook and you'll have one HELLUVA wonton soup going.

~Boar