• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Well it seems to be a slow music day, so I will leave you guys with this one for the weekend. I have been working on the idea of this one and I have had this bass line for awhile in my head, I think I finally cracked the code... Let me know what you think...

Last edited:
Well it seems to be a slow music day, so I will leave you guys with this one for the weekend. I have been working on the idea of this one and I have had this bass line for awhile in my head, I think I finally cracked the code... Let me know what you think...
I really dig it!
I dig this one A-aron!

Feeling a little Bob Dylan today.

My faovorite band covering this one for Radio Store Day a bunch of years ago:

Speaking of Dylan, I thought I knew the answer to @AVB's latest trivia question, but then I realized I misremembered and it was Dylan who called this one of the greatest love songs ever written:

Ok, at about 0:28 there is a slight change in vocal processing from less to more. It never goes back to the less which sounded fine to me. From the end of Surrounded by the Love Light at 3:04 the song ends at 3:22. All the vocal manipulations after that don't add anything because you aren't saying anything new. It would be more dramatic if you cut everything from 3:23 until 3:56 and let the last Surrounded by the Love Light be your emphases both sonic and lyrically.

Of course that is just my opinion and it is free so take it for what it is worth.

Ok, at about 0:28 there is a slight change in vocal processing from less to more. It never goes back to the less which sounded fine to me. From the end of Surrounded by the Love Light at 3:04 the song ends at 3:22. All the vocal manipulations after that don't add anything because you aren't saying anything new. It would be more dramatic if you cut everything from 3:23 until 3:56 and let the last Surrounded by the Love Light be your emphases both sonic and lyrically.

Of course that is just my opinion and it is free so take it for what it is worth.
TBH, you are probably right about ending it at the 3:22 mark, but I was just feeling the vibe and didn't want it to end. It was even longer than it is now, and I cut some already LOL

Speaking of Dylan, I thought I knew the answer to @AVB's latest trivia question, but then I realized I misremembered and it was Dylan who called this one of the greatest love songs ever written:
I heard that he called it a great song but not one of the greatest. Something to look into.

I really dig it!

My faovorite band covering this one for Radio Store Day a bunch of years ago:

I love Everlong. They did a version on the Howard Stern Show, that I really love:

An article with Dave's remembrance.

An article with Dave's remembrance.
The interview/article I read was years and years ago, but I shan't attempt to defend myself against Dave's own personal recollection.

It's November '76 and in attempt to put the Becky story behind me (although after 48 years I'm not sure I've gotten over it), I took this really tall local girl - like 5'10 or 11" to the Mid-South Coliseum for.....

Boston opening for Foghat

I went big time and bought the $6 tickets for seats on the floor. Boston was supporting their first album so that is pretty much what they played starting with Rock and Roll Band, More Than An A Feeling, Smokin' and Long Tine along with a few others. It seemed to be a short set at about 40 minutes. The high point for me was hearing Tom Scholz's electronic boxes that he made for his guitar. Nobody else ,had anything like it.

Foghat was touring in support of their 6th album (Night Shift)of which 3 of the previous were certified Gold and one Platinum. Clearly the audience was there to see them and they did not disappoint. Fool For The City, Slow Ride (with a great slide solo from Lonesome Dave), Drivin' Wheel and I just Wanna Make Love To You during their hour long set, again which I thought was a bit short.. So we had a good time, it was a good show and got home earlier than expected which also was a plus.

Soon the situation would change as Boston's debut album became the 2nd largest debut in Rock at the time and even though Night Shift went Gold it could not keep up. Boston has continued to sell and is still in the top 10 of debut albums.