• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Opus X lancero from the Prometheus humidor a couple nights ago.

Flavors ran between plums, raisins, spice and a little pepper...it was a fantastic cigar.

I followed it at a friend's house with a PSD4 from '94. My palate was too busy, but the Partagas was fantastic as well.

It was Fuente day at the Colorado Renassanse Festival with a WOAM and a Short Story. I got lots of favorable comments from other festival goers. I got paged and had to go home. I'm saving the Internet from certain destruction, and smoking a LFD Double Ligero Lancero! Life ain't all bad!
You get a promotion or something? None of those cigars come in a bundle wraped in bailing twine.

Doc.

Hey now, Chief! My stuff comes wrapped in cello! :laugh:

Some days, you just have to live right.

VSG Beli #1. I liked that Tres Mystique last night so damn much I had to smoke another VSG tonight! Also damn good, and I smoked this bad boy right to the nub as well. It's becoming increasingly clear that I will have to buy a box (or more) of these guys, instead of just grabbing a few singles now and then, because I am really starting to like them. (I wasn't crazy about my first one, but it was a bit fresh. After letting them rest a few months at 65% they're much better. And if I get a box or two, I can let some sleep for a good long time...)

Maria Mancini de Gaulle Maduro at 12 O'clock in the morning along with a German Fest Bier before going to bed shortly after 01:00 AM

Good cigar, burnt like a razor and had tons of smoke! :thumbs:

After a looooooong day of dealing with icky attorneys (JAEwing and smokelaw1 being the exceptions :D ) I sat down to do a taste test. I smoked a Juan Lopez No.2 and then an AVO LE05. I find that they are both very similar in taste profile and I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong (read:I had a great deal of stuff to do so I had to have an excuse to smoke another cigar and shirk my duties).

Had and RP Sun Grown Robusto last night. Very nice smoke!! Very enjoyable. The creaminess of that dark oily wrapper was fantastic. The cigar was so good, I almost forgot about the beer I had opened to go with it.

I've had these before, and I've enjoyed these before. I just don't remember enjoying them near as much as I did last night.

Wow!!

:thumbs:

Had and RP Sun Grown Robusto last night. Very nice smoke!! Very enjoyable. The creaminess of that dark oily wrapper was fantastic. The cigar was so good, I almost forgot about the beer I had opened to go with it.

I've had these before, and I've enjoyed these before. I just don't remember enjoying them near as much as I did last night.

Wow!!

:thumbs:

Very first box of cigars I bought when I got back to the US after being here in Germany over 10 years. And still one of my favorite smokes :thumbs:

An aged RP sungrown is one of the best smokes period, IMO! Had a Don Carlos Robusto following a VERY bad day yesterday, but I did make the news

CAO - Brazilia and RP Sun Grown (Factory Select - petit corona). My first bundled cigar and I'm really enjying it. I do hear that they are much better after a little time spent in the humidor. I'm looking forward to it!

mac

I've been letting an Ashton Heritage corona gorda rest in my humi for a while to decide whether to buy a few more if I like it. Well, I torched that sucker tonight, and it was pretty damn good. It had that nice cammy zing that reminded me a lot of a Short Story, but after about an inch it seemed to settle down a little bit. It stayed nice and smooth, with some good spice and a bit of that tang for the rest of the smoke. It burned a little uneven, but never got out of control. It started to get bitter with an average of an inch left (it was probably about 3/4 inch on the faster-burning side, and 1 1/4 on the slower), so I set it down.

Conclusion: a very tasty smoke that I enjoyed a lot. I will buy a few to keep on hand, but with VSGs being the same price at my B&M, I imagine I won't buy all that many of these, because while they're very good, the VSGs are great.

Just finished a Bolivar PC from '03. It was very enjoyable. I thought it tasted a little bit like the SP non-plus from 98...anyone care to comment on that? They both had that salty flavor. The Boli was not overwhelming like the SP, but it was still there.

Brandon

July 18th:

Cohiba Siglo VI (this one was REAL so it was pretty good unlike the fakes :laugh: )
Jose Piedra Cazadores

And a dram of Glenfiddich Gran Reserva (21yo)

Torched a Davidoff Special 'R' tonight.

It started out pretty mellow with some nice flavor then got a little spicy in the middle with a more intense tobacco flavor. After a little more than half way through it got very rich and smooth. I also got some interesting flavors right around the transition period. Anyone ever tasted buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies in a cigar?

Altogether a very good cigar. There were some wrapper issues, but I think those were due to transport in the tube via USPS.

Attended an AVO event tonight sponsored by a local B&M. Started off with a #2 Connecticut. Very tasty for a mild cigar!! In fact, Wifey took it from me and finished it off while I moved on to the AVO Signature Robusto. Another nice cigar!! It started slow but finished very well, right down to the nub.

The event was quite nice. It was held at one of Fort Worth's finer restaurants with the beer provided by one our local small brewerys. Weather was nice on the rooftop patio. Splendid evening all the way around.

Tuesday :

Opus X Robusto - I like 'em!

Wednesday :

Padron 2000M - My fav everyday smoke
H Uppman Mag 46 - Dang these are fine cigars
Padilla Signature 1932 Lancero - My first 1932. Won't be my last.

I have had a great cigar week !!!

Seth

Sunday while at the Outlaw, the owner handed me a custom rolled cigar from the opening of his other shop back in 1997. It was a Perdomo -- I have not liked the other Perdomos that I have smoked. Last night, while hanging out with dav1041, I fired it up. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this cigar tasted!!

Thursday Night:

LFD Chisel Maddie ( gifted to my by a CP Brother ) - good stick but I just didn't fip over it like many here
Oliva Serie G Torp - One of the finest sticks under $4 you will ever have

My great cigar week continues

Seth

I finally smoked one of the CAO Sopranos. It was full of flavor like a cigar that cost that much, but the flavor was very lacking in anything I would call good.

My wife had to leave early this morning on a business "trip" (she flies to Indy and back today). Since I was already up I decided to smoke! I went with a Montesino Classic Diplomatico.

Status
Not open for further replies.