• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had plenty of time to smoke this weekend on a long drive and relaxing weekend with some buddies in D.C. and Winchester, Va. Not a bad cigar had by anyone this weekend. A highlight of the best would be

Trinidad Fundadores '05
Johnny O Sublime
Tatuaje Unicos
RyJ Churchill '98
AVO 22
and my favorite smoke of the weekend HdM Double Corona 97 with Vietnamese coffee.

Only smoked one cigar last night, but it turned out to be surprisingly good. Rocky Patel Connecticut toro was mild but sweet with floral overtones. It turned into one hour of bliss. :)

Yesterday, I finally gotten around a RASS from 04 given to me by Seadub (Chris). Best Rass I've tasted. Thank you very much, Sir!

Yesterday, I finally gotten around a RASS from 04 given to me by Seadub (Chris). Best Rass I've tasted. Thank you very much, Sir!

Caught ya Joe. If you tell us next week at Al's that the last cigar you smoked was with us two weeks prior, I'm calling bullshit. ;)

Last night I smoked a La Aurora 1495 robusto. Real nice cigar.

Last night, smoked my first Monte #2 from 05 (not sure how old for sure). It was all I thought it was going to be and more; a nice, nice smoke! Might have to buy a whole box.

Only smoked one cigar last night, but it turned out to be surprisingly good. Rocky Patel Connecticut toro was mild but sweet with floral overtones. It turned into one hour of bliss. :)
I was just asked about these by a customer in the humidor where I work part time. I was embarrassed to say I had no idea how they taste. I decided I have to try one and your post makes it that much more intriguing!

I started the day with a Boli Royal Corona that was a very nice compliment to my coffee. I plan on a Party Lusi in the near future. Both are firsts in my journey of discovery. ;)

Just finished a Partagas Lusi from '05....I believe. My first one in this vitola. I probably should have waited a couple of years before burning this cigar. It was not as good as the shorts or SD4 I've had. I guess I really seem to get more enjoyment out of the smaller and shorter smokes in this lineup.

July 23rd:

H. Upmann Sir Winston from '03
Oliva "O" Bold Oasis

Oh do I miss these Oliva "O" Bolds (red velvet band).... :( They discontinued these and replaced them with the "Serie O" that aren't anywhere near as good. grateful1 and I met at a local cigar shop (Have a Cigar) in Vernon, CT a couple of months ago and I bought one of the Serie O's from the shop and it was a huge disappointment. :( The Master Blends are "okay" but nothing compares to the old "O" Bolds in my book.

JOE.M. knows I love these so he gave me a heck of a deal on these and some Orions a long time ago. These were my "go to" smokes back in 2003 (usually the Ovations which are a churchill size) I only have a few left and will smoke them very sparingly from now on.

I wish I had known these would be discontinued because I would have stocked up on them.

Last night I had an AVO Signature DC. I can't remember who said these were similar to the 22's but they were right. It needed a few touchups, but I was suckering tomatoes and mowing the lawn so it was probably my fault.

Had a Ramone Allones Specially Selected tonight. It was a lot smoother than the last one I had and I greatly enjoyed it. I did have a bit of trouble getting it to light at first, but other than that it was great.

Smoked a Padilla Miami 8&11, must say they sure are a tasty treat. The only problem was the small cracks on the foot, otherwise the bold flavor was perfect with my morning java. this has about a month in the humi at 62%. :love: :thumbs:

Just came in from enjoying a 1926 Serie No. 6.

Wonderful as usual. The humidity outdoors is a little off putting with fog starting to gather and an air temperature of 73 degrees. Man it's sticky out there tonight!

Smoked a AF sungrown with about 3 weeks rest. Alot better than the first one i had as soon as i got them. Think i'll put the rest of them back to sleep for while.

john

I kicked back tonight and for my birthday smoke I pulled out a Montecristo #4. I love these things. Every single one of them has been great. Nice peppery taste with a hint of sweetness. I would think it is vanilla, but I don't know for sure. :D

Last night I kicked back with a WOA. I do prefer the maduro, but the naturals are classic in their own right.

It was a beautiful night once the rain showers cleared out. I went out to the pool and smoke a La Aurora Preferido Ltd. Ed Robusto, which is one of my favorite sticks. It was a nice hour and 15 minute smoke just enough time to read a couple of chapters by the pool.

It was a La Flor night at the Outlaw -- my first El Jocko Maduro and my first DL Lancero Oscuro. Ya know, Litto makes some okay cigars!! :thumbs:

My first try of the Tatuaje East. Lots of potential here but I think it needs some time to chill out. I busted open the last 2 inches of the cigar and looked at the filler. You can see the maduro leave layered with the Havana VI leaves. Pretty cool.

Later I had an RASS. Delicious.

I had myself a Perdomo Reserve Champagne Beli tonight. It was a little on the light side for me, but the first Nicaraguan that I've had. The first 1/3 was weak, but as I progressed through the half point it picked up a lot of flavor. Regrettably, I did not get to finish it because they started flying the helo's on the ship. When they do that, we can't smoke until they're done. :( So I had to cut it and I'll finish it tomorrow most likely. ;)

Tuesday Night : Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfecto

Weds Night : Gurkha Centurian Perfecto

Really enjoyed the Legend, great smoke! The Centurian I will revisit after they have rested a few weeks.

Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.