• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I sat out on my front balcony (facing the ocean/sunrise), and as the sun was coming up through overcast over the Atlantic, had a nice cafe con leche, tostada and a La Gloria Cubana Medaille D-Or No. 3 from approx. 2001.

This afternoon I fired up one of the Cuvee Grand's. I was unaware, until doing a little research, that there are two wrappers. I believe this was the first to be released. It was a flavorful cigar with a leather undertone and explosive hits of almond rocca. Sweet, but not sickly. It was a bit one dimensional, medium bodied, and was constructed well. I don't know about $11 for this one, but if they were $7-8 I would be inclined to pick up a box. I didn't get a bunch of info when I punched this in, but if Cusano made these it is their best, IMHO.

I fired up a 1932 Toro to celebrate playing my first round of golf of the season. The golf was fantastic, and the smoke would have matched if it hadn't been so damn windy. :angry:

2 Habana Leons. These are some strong cigars, has a close resemblance to cuban tobacco in terms of the aroma. Very tasty.

CAO Gold Robusto. I hadn't had any CAO stuff before so I picked this out of the rubbermaidador to compliment my walk. Mild and creamy. Not a bad little smoke.

Billy

LGC Serie R #4 nat. Smoked it while driving home from work after stopping off at the B&M, so I couldn't exactly concentrate on the cigar. :whistling: However, I did pay enough attention to note that it was (1) fairly spicy, (2) not as full-bodied as I expected, (3) put off a lot of wonderful smelling smoke, (4) had the best draw I've experienced in a while, and (5) burned unevenly. However, I attribute the lopsided burn more to the cigar's proximity to the active humidifier in the B&M's walk-in than its construction, and I suspect that if I had taken it home and either dry-boxed it or left it in my own humi for a couple weeks it would have been fine. I think I'll buy a box of these (after I try the maddie in case I like it more).

Edited to change letters (A), (B), etc., to numbers (1), (2), etc., because the C turned into a ©.

Edited again because I left a stupid typo in my first edit's description. :blush:

Today I fired up a Padron 6000. This was my first 6000 and it was magnificent!! I expected it to be good, and it delivered!!! :thumbs:

Brandon

I fired up a RP Sungrown Toro. This is the second one of these I have smoked, seems like they are getting better, very tastey.

Ken

Two Cigars:

La Flor Dominicana Cabinet Cameroon (try it, better than any cameroon i've ever smoked)

Petite Tatuaje (always a nice small smoke)

-Mark

Had Padilla Miami Torpedo today.
It was really very tasty, and only thing I didnt like was not good burning proces, i had to help it burn even few times.
After all, I wish I have more of them :D

Yesterday I smoke a Mysterio that had been in my humi for about 2.5 months. It had a little more kick than I expected but it was very smooth and flavorful. Had my last Shiner with it and when it was done the cigar really kicked in.

The day before I smoked a K Hans Gold Robusto. It had a sweet, slightly tangy (good tangy) spice to it. Nothing to overpowering but it was a nice full bodied smoke.

Day before that I had a Gurkha Perfecto no 3. Didn't have much time so I pulled out this short smoke. A little spice, kinda nutty flavor. Nothing spectacular but it was a good quick smoke. Similar to an Oliva Serie O Natty.

Recently I'va also smoked a Gurkha Royal Brigade (thanks Satchmo) that was very smooth and pretty flavorful. A little kick to it but not much. Also smoked an X-Fuerte that had more kick, more flavor, but not quite as smooth. Both were awesome cigars that I will definitely smoke again.

After learning this morning that I need to take out the kitchen ceiling and replace all of my upstairs plumbing, I figured I needed something special to make myself feel better. I went straight for an Anejo 48 Original Release. Wow, I feel a whole lot better!

Today at a HERF with some local BOTL's, I had a RP Sungrown Robusto and a RyJ Cedros Deluxe # 1 from '03.

Status
Not open for further replies.