• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off my day at the Outlaw with a LFD Outlaw Special. After lunch with my wife, I kicked back and enjoyed the Royals home opener with a LFD 2000 Series El Toro and a LFD Chiselito. What a great day!! :thumbs:

Another one of those HdM Petite Robustos from '04. VERY yuuuuumy.

Finally smoked the Tatuaje Havana VI Belicoso from the 'Selections de la Rey' gift-box.

The larger-ring of the belicoso seemed to make the blend a little more mild than the Angeles and Victoria and I had some draw-issues with it. But even then it was a great smoke.

Smoked a few cigars yesterday like a Boli isom and just a Opus X Double Robusto.

last nite I smoked a Partagas Short from 05 while my gf smoked a Torano 59 from Silver from 06 :laugh: and we watched the storm roll in.

I took out a PAM diplomatico from a box that I got in 2004. Who said that letting non-isom's rest is not good. This was an exquisite smoke! :thumbs: I only have about a dozen left and I will be revisiting this lot sparingly. :love:

A very good cheap smoke... Famous Nic. 3000, Presiedente!!!

I love those friggin' things! My second bundle should be here tomorrow. :thumbs:

Right now I'm having a DC Max robusto. I think these are a little sick. This is the third I've smoked from this box....the first two were decent. This one is harsh. In fact, it started out pretty friggin' nasty, but mellowed out some as I got into it. I'll give them some time.

I'm about to have a JdN Antano Gran Consul. I like this blend, but so far this vitola hasn't been the firecracker I expected it to be. Hopefully this one changes my opinion!

PAM Exclusivo with about a year on it. How are these things so damn consistently good?!? :love:

Also had a Cabaiguan Robusto Extra. I know most describe these as mild to medium but the one I had seemed to pack a good punch. I tasted metallic notes that were distinct but not bad. Overall a nice dense tasty cigar.

I'm about to have a JdN Antano Gran Consul. I like this blend, but so far this vitola hasn't been the firecracker I expected it to be. Hopefully this one changes my opinion!

Well, I screwed that one up. I've noticed a trend in the Antanos....all that I've had are super tight at the head, unlike any other cigar I've seen. From the shoulder up, they're hard as a rock. This causes a tight draw. So after I snipped the cap on this one, I decided to loosen it up a bit using the poker in my bullet punch. Stuck it in there, and cracked the head wide open, about 1/2" down. :( Needless to say it smoked like crap, and was laid down early.

So, I fired up and enjoyed a Camacho Corojo robusto in its place, and am about to call it a night.

Astral. corona 2 maduro. Constructed of aged Cuban seed long-leaf Honduran tobaccos and dark Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers leaves grown in the famed Jamastran valley of Honduras.
Cigar Size: 5.5" x 44 ring Select, smooth-smoking Ecuadorian Connecticut wrappers cover a well-balanced, Nicaraguan & Dominican filler blend for a creamy, mild to medium-bodied smoke with a hint of espresso in the aroma. Country: Honduras
Wrapper: Maduro
Strength: Medium

I didn't feel like smoking anything special tonight so picked out one of the cheapies I like. It had a good draw and pretty even burn. Nice maduro taste, medium bodied. I enjoy these more than some of the better name-brand maduros I've had.

'06 Trini Fundadores on the ride home last night! Spicy!

I am a big Reyes fan now. Are these a similar flavor profile? They're close to the same ring gauge.

I'm smoking a cigar that's been in my humi for close to two years - an AF Royal Salute SG. OMG, this thing is a monster! 7.5 X 54 and the flavor is wonderful after the extra aging.

When I decided to light it for a long lunch I wondered if I was bonkers; but, I was well guided by the cigar muse! :D

A few days ago I dropped by one and only local B&M, and picked up a few Fuente SG's. I love this place! The one shop you know where you can't buy Padrons or really anything that you want (with the excepion of some Fuente SG's). The place truly has more empty boxes on its shelves than ones with cigars. However, this is actually Brick's home away from home. Wyatt, for some reason, loves this place and can't stop raving about it! :whistling:

At any rate, I picked up a few Fuente SG's and even though I thought I knew better than to smoke a young Cuban Belicoso, I guess the couple of brews I had in me before I made that decision steered me wrong. It was definitely over-humidified and didn't resemble anything like the one I had a couple of weeks ago which was great (and had been resting in my humi for about 6 months). Oh well, I'll just blame it on the brews I had before I made my decision.

As for the other SG's I picked up, the brew won't speak loud enough again; they will rest for a few months before smoking!

snip...However, this is actually Brick's home away from home. Wyatt, for some reason, loves this place and can't stop raving about it! :whistling:....snip

Yeah, right! LOL

Oh, had me a mystery cigar from CigarStone...which was fun as hell to review.

Then after that one, had me a Tat Havana VI Victorias.

Stared at a 1932 Sig Toro sitting in the travel humi but didn't have a chance to torch it. There is always tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.