• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Having to replace my daughters alternator on her 2008 Ford Edge. Talk about the worst place to put a friggin' alternator. I'm not the kind of guy to ask for help, so I had a plan to get it all done last night. My wife asked me if I needed my neighbors help and I said nope, knowing that if he came over shit would go downhill and he would derail things.

Guess who thought she'd be sly and call the neighbor over, acting like he was just "checking his mail" and noticed the car in the garage. Yep. So the first thing he does is tell me it would probably be better to go from under the car, which isn't the way I've seen it done at all, in any of the videos I've watched. The he proceeds to say, well we gotta disconnect this coolant hose and before I could turn around he's shooting coolant all over and manages to plug it with his hand. Now I'm pissed, walked around to the front of the house and bitched at my wife, as quietly as I could. Get the hose hooked back up and now I'm done. He walks next door and grabs kitty litter, which now is all over the garage floor.

"What's next boss"? Ugh. I say I'm wrapping it up for the night, we get it into neutral and push it into the garage. At least he offered to pour me some bourbon at his house, which if not for the 14 pieces of ice would have been great. Anyway, going to try again today and hope he doesn't sneak over.

Sorry, just in a pissy mood today!

Yes! You can’t be shy around there!

Also, it seems like it may have been in an Amsterdam bar that there was a co-ed bathroom. Urinals on the walls for males and stalls for females. Both sexes (I think there were mainly just two back then) just milling around…
Indeed. The coed bathrooms are still a thing.

You could have bought a mattress at this rate

Yeah, but where the hell will we put that once our actual bed gets here? Two of the four air mattresses were even exchanges, so nothing lost there. Had my wife not misplaced the receipt we would have only bought the original. Is what is. Again. And again.
My bad; I didn't read like that or stop to think you weren't serious.

No worries. The internet has gotten us all at one time or another.

I was being facetious. Covid is starting to worry the few hospitals we have here, again, too.
The strain we have here is making people feel worse (like a bad flu) but hospitalizations are almost non-existent. Based on how the local hospital is run, I think they just like getting people spun up over nothing. Good luck over there.

Floyd T

With all the rain recently we can’t walk outside or sit on the porch without getting swarmed by mosquitoes. 🦟
All you need is me to just stand near you. I’m the mosquito whisperer I guess. They love me. We have a service that sprays now. That takes care of most.