• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

If $8500 wasn’t bad enough for a new furnace and ac unit, let’s tack on another $2500 for a flu tile and cap.

Oh and they can’t put the liner in the chimney until that’s done, so can’t get inspection until after that.

If $8500 wasn’t bad enough for a new furnace and ac unit, let’s tack on another $2500 for a flu tile and cap.

Oh and they can’t put the liner in the chimney until that’s done, so can’t get inspection until after that.
To expand on this thought a bit..we did find the chimney guy for $1700 so that’s a win (until he gets up there and says it’s more).

But upon looking at the chimney in the house, why do I need a chimney liner installed for a furnace install, where the furnace doesn’t even connect to the chimney? Only the hot water tank does, that I can see. It’s a HE furnace so exhaust is out its own pvc pipe.

I guess chimney needs fixed for the hw tank exhaust, so there is that, and I guess the liner will keep the chimney is good shape, still I wonder though. Even the hw tank makes me wonder as it’s just piece of metal tube that sits “above” the top of the tank kinda like some sort of collector that vents to the chimney? But it’s open air all around it, so how does that really do much?

Home ownership can be such a pita sometimes.

To expand on this thought a bit..we did find the chimney guy for $1700 so that’s a win (until he gets up there and says it’s more).

But upon looking at the chimney in the house, why do I need a chimney liner installed for a furnace install, where the furnace doesn’t even connect to the chimney? Only the hot water tank does, that I can see. It’s a HE furnace so exhaust is out its own pvc pipe.

I guess chimney needs fixed for the hw tank exhaust, so there is that, and I guess the liner will keep the chimney is good shape, still I wonder though. Even the hw tank makes me wonder as it’s just piece of metal tube that sits “above” the top of the tank kinda like some sort of collector that vents to the chimney? But it’s open air all around it, so how does that really do much?

Home ownership can be such a pita sometimes.
Agreed, unexpected repairs are a kick in the teeth sometimes but it beats the hell out of a cardboard box on the street.

Well that was short lived. AC stopped blowing cold tonight. Well unless you’re outside standing over the unit.

Maybe it’s a capacitor. Maybe all the Freon leaked out. Perfect. 75…in the basement.

I really hope the wife handles this one. Because if I do they will just end up blocking my calls. So pissed I can’t sleep now. Or maybe it’s because it’s 80 in my bedroom.

Well that was short lived. AC stopped blowing cold tonight. Well unless you’re outside standing over the unit.

Maybe it’s a capacitor. Maybe all the Freon leaked out. Perfect. 75…in the basement.

I really hope the wife handles this one. Because if I do they will just end up blocking my calls. So pissed I can’t sleep now. Or maybe it’s because it’s 80 in my bedroom.
The capacitor is really easy to change and it's not very hard to diagnose either.

The capacitor is really easy to change and it's not very hard to diagnose either.

I replaced our capacitor last summer. I think it was at the max, $20 and took me longer to drive to get it, then it did to install (10 minutes at most).

If your AC runs, but the compressor doesn't kick on, check your capacitor.

I replaced our capacitor last summer. I think it was at the max, $20 and took me longer to drive to get it, then it did to install (10 minutes at most).

If your AC runs, but the compressor doesn't kick on, check your capacitor.
And give the capacitor a while to discharge, they hold a charge for a while and it can be wicked.

Turns out the entire brand new unit leaked out all of the Freon. They say it’s a leak in the condenser, so they are in process of connecting up another brand new condenser.

I’m still mad about the situation, but at the same time we didn’t have to hassle about getting the replacement. I’m glad they didn’t try to offer to “fix” the leak.

Turns out the entire brand new unit leaked out all of the Freon. They say it’s a leak in the condenser, so they are in process of connecting up another brand new condenser.

I’m still mad about the situation, but at the same time we didn’t have to hassle about getting the replacement. I’m glad they didn’t try to offer to “fix” the leak.
One of the things they are supposed to do is put a test on the high pressure line to make sure it's not leaking before they leave.

What we found out was that the valve on the condenser had a leak I guess. The guy that was here took all day to figure it out. Not sure if they could have fixed the valve or what but we got a whole new condenser, and it’s finally cooling again.

It took them longer to trouble shoot that and replace it, and install the chimney liner (which was quick actually), than it took them to tear out the old furnace and unit and install a new ac unit.

But only 2 people instead of 4 or 5, so that might have had something to do with it.

Just spent an hour on hold waiting to talk with my schools finance office with no results
This is pretty much why I never do anything like this. Waiting on hold and getting passed around to different offices just to be told there's nothing that can be done today is the bane of my existence. I'll just do without.

Company I work for rolls out an unlimited bonus program. I crush it this quarter closing almost $50M and my quarterly bonus is coming in more than my annual salary....

Ownership rug pulls and say they don't think I should get the full amount. They do some closed door mental gymnastics and cut it in half. They don't even discuss it to my face. My manger delivers the news this morning and I about lost it. This is bullshit. Next quarter I'm already on track to close $75M....but I'm betting now they won't even offer a bonus.

I'm so fuggin mad I could spontaneously combust right now. But I'm planning to stick around and claim what I can. Afterwards, I think it will be time to spit shine the resume.

They didn't even have the courtesy to give me a reach around.

Company I work for rolls out an unlimited bonus program. I crush it this quarter closing almost $50M and my quarterly bonus is coming in more than my annual salary....

Ownership rug pulls and say they don't think I should get the full amount. They do some closed door mental gymnastics and cut it in half. They don't even discuss it to my face. My manger delivers the news this morning and I about lost it. This is bullshit. Next quarter I'm already on track to close $75M....but I'm betting now they won't even offer a bonus.

I'm so fuggin mad I could spontaneously combust right now. But I'm planning to stick around and claim what I can. Afterwards, I think it will be time to spit shine the resume.

They didn't even have the courtesy to give me a reach around.
Is there a labor board or some close to file an official complaint....is there anyone higher above these jack-wagons

Is there a labor board or some close to file an official complaint....is there anyone higher above these jack-wagons
They own the company.
Nothing was ever written. I have already challenged that and will push for something written and signed by all parties.