• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Grrr, gotta take a little break from cigars (or anything else really); need to not have nicotine in my system for a while.

All good healthwise btw, just gotta pause for a bit with the new job and some other stuff we’re working on personally.
Hopefully it's not a long-term issue. That said, I will admit that as my cigar habit was curtailed, my bank account mysteriously started to grow money every month that I had never seen before... 🤣

Hopefully it's not a long-term issue. That said, I will admit that as my cigar habit was curtailed, my bank account mysteriously started to grow money every month that I had never seen before... 🤣

Probably a couple more weeks, but even then I’m going to try and limit to one a day and not every day. During my recent job search(3 month) I was smoking 3-6 a day every day; which is way too much.

I hear you on the bank account!

Not sure if this goes here, but I was looking forward to visiting LDH at The Hague, and i was very disappointed in the selection..2/3 of the humidor was blocked off with a make-shift barricade and the shelves were very empty.
1000009023.jpg

Not sure if this goes here, but I was looking forward to visiting LDH at The Hague, and i was very disappointed in the selection..2/3 of the humidor was blocked off with a make-shift barricade and the shelves were very empty.
View attachment 84281
That's sad to hear. I hadn't been in there since 2020 -- Covid Times. I know that 1 Jan 2021 the government banned smoking lounges, which was a big draw to the place. I had heard that even with the shutdown of the lounge for daily customers, as well as with the new pricing scheme, they were still doing well because much of their business was mailing orders to China. You were at the store on Kneuterdijk?

yeah, stopped in a store around the corner, much better selection, 😀

Did you go into De Graaff on Noordeinde (by the palace and big statue of the horsie guy), or the actual LCdH over on Kneuterdijk? Noordeinde is the little shopping street, and Kneuterdijk has the tram lines on it. Kneuterdijk is/was the LCdH, and DeGraaff on Noordeinde opened probably in 2022 or 2023 as an extension to sell their chocolates and some cigars. It's owned by the same family. Did you see Pablo, the Shibu Inu, roaming around in the shop?

*EDIT* I think I understand what you are saying, now. But, yeah, it is the same family who owns both stores. When we first moved to NL in 2019, we stayed in an apartment about 100 feet down from where DeGraaff is, and every day I'd walk over to LCdH on Kneuterdijk whilst my daughter was in school and wife at work.

*EDIT EDIT* This is Noordeinde from the door of our old apartment, and a fantastic local beer at LCdH in the lounge after-hours watching football with everyone.

IMG_0642.jpegIMG_0714.jpegIMG_0649.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you go into De Graaff on Noordeinde (by the palace and big statue of the horsie guy), or the actual LCdH over on Kneuterdijk? Noordeinde is the little shopping street, and Kneuterdijk has the tram lines on it. Kneuterdijk is/was the LCdH, and DeGraaff on Noordeinde opened probably in 2022 or 2023 as an extension to sell their chocolates and some cigars. It's owned by the same family. Did you see Pablo, the Shibu Inu, roaming around in the shop?

*EDIT* I think I understand what you are saying, now. But, yeah, it is the same family who owns both stores. When we first moved to NL in 2019, we stayed in an apartment about 100 feet down from where DeGraaff is, and every day I'd walk over to LCdH on Kneuterdijk whilst my daughter was in school and wife at work.

*EDIT EDIT* This is Noordeinde from the door of our old apartment, and a fantastic local beer at LCdH in the lounge after-hours watching football with everyone.

View attachment 84295View attachment 84296View attachment 84297
1000009262.jpg

Coworker died Sunday AM on her way home from work. Found out yesterday morning before going to work. Rough day but being at work really helped with the grief
Sorry to hear, my friend. My thoughts are with you all of her friends and family (including work family).