• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

There are two types of livers. The vacation liver which can handle a lot more then the at-home liver which doesn’t seem to stand up like the vacation liver does.

Not gonna lie, I’m feeling discouraged. I fractured the bone between my foot and leg (talus) over the weekend. CT scheduled for later today to determine if I’ll need surgery. Fishing is popping off, I have half a dozen camping trips planned, just got a dirt bike and now I can’t put weight on my foot for 6-8 weeks. Oh, here’s the kicker (pun not really intended, but it made me smirk) it’s my right foot, so convincing my wife that I can still drive has been harder than I care to continue to do.

Not gonna lie, I’m feeling discouraged. I fractured the bone between my foot and leg (talus) over the weekend. CT scheduled for later today to determine if I’ll need surgery. Fishing is popping off, I have half a dozen camping trips planned, just got a dirt bike and now I can’t put weight on my foot for 6-8 weeks. Oh, here’s the kicker (pun not really intended, but it made me smirk) it’s my right foot, so convincing my wife that I can still drive has been harder than I care to continue to do.
Get well soon brother!

Sounds like it’s as good a time as ever to make the argument to buy a European automobile. Pick up a nice used Rolls with the wheel on the Right side.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

Srsly, tho -- that sucks. I do sympathize with you. Hope it heals up quickly!

Yup, that truly does suck. Sorry to hear the news. Hang in there though, as it'll be that much sweeter when you finally get to ride the bike. Good luck with the CT scan.

Floyd T

Wife hit a pothole last night and shredded the tire/bent the rim. Cheapest replacement I could find online set me back 800ish for the rim and a week of waiting time. Then new tires. At least she’s ok, shit happens.
IMG_8550.jpeg

Smoke more, drive less...get a boot and tell your wife, that wants to do all the driving all of a sudden, that she has to back the camper into place (if you have one of those)...but seriously, wishing the best for you!

Was in the ER from 1:15 to 3:30 this morning, with a sharp pain on my left side, just above and into my groin area. Turns out that after a CT scan, I have diverticulitis. During my colonoscopy in 2021, it was noted that I had it, but I didn't think anything of it. I got an inflammation drug and a hydrocodone, hoping they help. I was awake from 11:15 until I decided to go and just couldn't get comfortable. Such an uncomfortable pain.

On a positive note, they had me do a CT scan to take a look. I'm supposed to get a liver scan each year for my Ocular Melanoma cancer and while I do get liver ultrasounds, I don't get CT scans of that area. I had them take a look at the liver and all looks great. If my OM cancer would metastasize, it would be in the liver.

I'll take it.

Was in the ER from 1:15 to 3:30 this morning, with a sharp pain on my left side, just above and into my groin area. Turns out that after a CT scan, I have diverticulitis. During my colonoscopy in 2021, it was noted that I had it, but I didn't think anything of it. I got an inflammation drug and a hydrocodone, hoping they help. I was awake from 11:15 until I decided to go and just couldn't get comfortable. Such an uncomfortable pain.

On a positive note, they had me do a CT scan to take a look. I'm supposed to get a liver scan each year for my Ocular Melanoma cancer and while I do get liver ultrasounds, I don't get CT scans of that area. I had them take a look at the liver and all looks great. If my OM cancer would metastasize, it would be in the liver.

I'll take it.
Diverticulitis is not something to take lightly. I know someone that has it and has, over the years, suffered the consequences being young and dumb not paying attention to what he ate. Thirty some odd years later he's now extremely cautious of what he eats.

I'll take it.
Good job looking at the silver lining!

AC unit went out. Hot as shit in the house. $500 for the guy to tell me it’s a leak in the A coil in the furnace and a $4k repair or a $5k replace. Just for the condenser. $8-10k for everything replaced.

Happy happy joy joy..not!

Grrr, gotta take a little break from cigars (or anything else really); need to not have nicotine in my system for a while.

All good healthwise btw, just gotta pause for a bit with the new job and some other stuff we’re working on personally.

Last edited:
Have not had a cigar all week....
Me neither. It's been too hot and humid to smoke. However, I going to rectify the problem tomorrow by smoking one at the local store cigar lounge tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: MX