• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

It's been an unlucky 30 day stretch. Five flat tires, four of them on motorcycles. This included one rescue, one tow and another rescue. So then (from a rolling magnet) we filled a one pound coffee can full of nails and screws and such. Hopefully that helps.

Then the laptop computer went toast. I really liked that one.
Yesterday, the hot water heater decided to give it up. Meh, it's fifteen years old. Why not.

The parts manager at my favorite online motorcycle parts supplier must have retired, and taken half the staff with him. Lately, they cannot even send the correct part numbers. And there's more.

Where was I ? Oh yes. Lowe's gave me a nice Veteran discount - I got the new hot water heater installed - no leftover parts - no leaks. And it actually works !

hwh-1.jpg
hwh-2.jpg

Last edited:
It's been an unlucky 30 day stretch. Five flat tires, four of them on motorcycles. This included one rescue, one tow and another rescue. So then (from a rolling magnet) we filled a one pound coffee can full of nails and screws and such. Hopefully that helps.

Then the laptop computer went toast. I really liked that one.
Yesterday, the hot water heater decided to give it up. Meh, it's fifteen years old. Why not.

The parts manager at my favorite online motorcycle parts supplier must have retired, and taken half the staff with him. Lately, they cannot even send the correct part numbers. And there's more.

Where was I ? Oh yes. Lowe's gave me a nice Veteran discount - I got the new hot water heater installed - no leftover parts - no leaks. And it actually works !

View attachment 73833
View attachment 73834
Yikes, if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all.

Thank you all. I still miss him very much. It’s getting better but it’s still hard when he has been waking me up every morning and waiting at the window every night for the last 15 years or so. I’m sure anyone who has lost a pet has a similar story. I hesitated to post it, but I thought he deserved some sort of recognition for all the joy he brought to our family.

Thank you all. I still miss him very much. It’s getting better but it’s still hard when he has been waking me up every morning and waiting at the window every night for the last 15 years or so. I’m sure anyone who has lost a pet has a similar story. I hesitated to post it, but I thought he deserved some sort of recognition for all the joy he brought to our family.
No one here should ever hesitate to post about their pets -- be them dogs, cats, rodents, reptiles, small Haitians, etc... Our pets become part of our family and losing one leaves a hole that can never be truly filled. We all grieve with you in one way or another.

Ugggghhh. I'm having... a week. No specifics, it's just been a cascading shit show of little things (some painful, some frustrating, some just smelly) that have added up. If I didn't find macabre humor in everything, I'd probably be near the end of my rope right now. All is well, though; just venting. Because that is what we do here. I am also getting ready to depart for another dental appointment. Yay.

Ugggghhh. I'm having... a week. No specifics, it's just been a cascading shit show of little things (some painful, some frustrating, some just smelly) that have added up. If I didn't find macabre humor in everything, I'd probably be near the end of my rope right now. All is well, though; just venting. Because that is what we do here. I am also getting ready to depart for another dental appointment. Yay.
Sorry its been a shitty week Nick. Chin up, it can always be worse. You could have showed up at the doctors to get your knee looked at and ended up with a prostate exam.

Sorry its been a shitty week Nick. Chin up, it can always be worse. You could have showed up at the doctors to get your knee looked at and ended up with a prostate exam.
Thanks, Chad. All is well. It's just been one of those weeks -- we've all had them. But, the Worst Day Of The Week™ is tomorrow, and then we are into the pre-weekend!

Sorry you’re having a bad week as well. Fwiw, I’m no fan of the dentist either. Less a fan of their “quotes” that despite already being outrageous, always seem to be under quoted.

At least for me work is going well, but tomorrow is a new day, the closer the weekend gets, the worse it can get.

What part is smelly?
As for me:
Normal rules apply to me. They should not because I am Me. So, I’m writing my Senators to reverse that.

Sorry you’re having a bad week as well. Fwiw, I’m no fan of the dentist either. Less a fan of their “quotes” that despite already being outrageous, always seem to be under quoted.

At least for me work is going well, but tomorrow is a new day, the closer the weekend gets, the worse it can get.

The work I've been getting done has been €45.00 per tooth, for three teeth, now. My wife just had a root canal done, and it was €202.00 even. Last one she had done in Hawaii was around $1,000 -- it was "more difficult than anticipated". So, I can't complain about med/dental prices here so far...

What part is smelly?
As for me:
Normal rules apply to me. They should not because I am Me. So, I’m writing my Senators to reverse that.

Poop. My day consists of picking up dog poop. There's the morning sweep. The, post-drop-off-after-fetch sweep. The, how-the-hell-did-they-take-a-poop-there?!? sweep. The, the-dogs-haven't-been-outside-since-before-lunch-yet-there's-still-poop-out-there sweep. The, pre-school-pickup-departure sweep. The, the-dogs-have-been-inside-the-entire-time-I-was-gone-but-there's-still-more-poop sweep. The, was-that-poop? Yeah-that-was-poop... sweep. The, post-afternoon-play sweep. The, pre-dinner-sweep. The, how-the-hell-did-she-manage-to-eat-that?!? sweep (at least I know which dog pooped that one out). The, sweep-to-end-all-sweeps sweep. The, nope-I-was-wrong-there-is-still-more-poop sweep. And then, all of the random dog poops that fall outside of the poop schedule.