• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Can you do anything with your public utilities commission?

Not sure I understand the question.

What I've done so far is emailed them asking for a response from a supervisor, as well as photo document my dig and repairs.

This group is like dealing with the cast of Idiocracy.

Not sure I understand the question.

What I've done so far is emailed them asking for a response from a supervisor, as well as photo document my dig and repairs.

This group is like dealing with the cast of Idiocracy.
Your state Public Utilities Commission May step in and handle all of this for you.

@xyz123 “he designed and engineered one-of-a-kind meat processing industrial equipment for everyone from Tyson, Con-Ag, McDonald's, Smithfield, etc.. “

Purely out of curiosity, where did your Dad work? I also worked for a company that provided equipment for the above companies (except McD’s). I for sure did not invent anything, I was just a service tech. I was thinking maybe I might have run across him somewhere…

@xyz123 “he designed and engineered one-of-a-kind meat processing industrial equipment for everyone from Tyson, Con-Ag, McDonald's, Smithfield, etc.. “

Purely out of curiosity, where did your Dad work? I also worked for a company that provided equipment for the above companies (except McD’s). I for sure did not invent anything, I was just a service tech. I was thinking maybe I might have run across him somewhere…

He retired from Alkar-RapidPak. Commercially, they make all kinds of stuff under a variety of brands.

Wouldn't surprise me if you worked on or are familiar with their products. They have some pretty cool stuff.

ETA: He also traveled a lot for it. Since the companies he designed for are all over the world, he'd have to spend a lot of time on-site there. And with the one-of-a-kind projects, for certain repairs or servicing, sometimes he, or even a whole team of engineers, would have to be brought in.

We're talking equipment that can process millions of pounds of meat weekly in some cases. Massive equipment!

Last edited:
He retired from Alkar-RapidPak. Commercially, they make all kinds of stuff under a variety of brands.

Wouldn't surprise me if you worked on or are familiar with their products. They have some pretty cool stuff.

ETA: He also traveled a lot for it. Since the companies he designed for are all over the world, he'd have to spend a lot of time on-site there. And with the one-of-a-kind projects, for certain repairs or servicing, sometimes he, or even a whole team of engineers, would have to be brought in.

We're talking equipment that can process millions of pounds of meat weekly in some cases. Massive equipment!
I worked for Townsend Engineering out of Iowa, but I also traveled. Like 80%. I worked all over the US, and spent a month or so in the Netherlands every year. I worked mostly on co-extrusion processing mainly producing various types of sausage (like Johnsonville Brats). The biggest system I put in made 80k pounds of sausage an hour. They ran it 24/7 for 3 days, and on the 4th they cleaned and sanitized the system, then started all over. It was truly amazing!

I worked for Townsend Engineering out of Iowa, but I also traveled. Like 80%. I worked all over the US, and spent a month or so in the Netherlands every year. I worked mostly on co-extrusion processing mainly producing various types of sausage (like Johnsonville Brats). The biggest system I put in made 80k pounds of sausage an hour. They ran it 24/7 for 3 days, and on the 4th they cleaned and sanitized the system, then started all over. It was truly amazing!
WOW !

I worked at a butcher shop in my youth. Mostly made hamburger, sausage, and cured and smoked bacon and hams. THAT is one astronomical amount of production !

Utilities hate being reported to the PUC, it's the only authority they answer to.
Upon further digging....Nat gas falls under the railroad commission. But their website says the local city has first jurisdiction.

I'll contact the city today, to see what they recommend.

80K lbs of the sausage? You've got @CigarStone's attention! :D

Srsly, tho -- where in the Netherlands would you be at? I'm assuming this was quite some time ago, yeah?

80K lbs of the sausage? You've got @CigarStone's attention! :D

Srsly, tho -- where in the Netherlands would you be at? I'm assuming this was quite some time ago, yeah?
I stayed and worked in Oss, and spent most of our down time having fun in Nijmegen. If we could get the whole weekend off, we would go for a drive. A few of the places we went were Koln Germany, Belgium, and Den Haag. And of course Amsterdam! I feel very fortunate to have visited places that most Americans only dream of going to. Not too bad for a dumb farm kid from Iowa! And yes, this was 15 years ago or so…

I stayed and worked in Oss, and spent most of our down time having fun in Nijmegen. If we could get the whole weekend off, we would go for a drive. A few of the places we went were Koln Germany, Belgium, and Den Haag. And of course Amsterdam! I feel very fortunate to have visited places that most Americans only dream of going to. Not too bad for a dumb farm kid from Iowa! And yes, this was 15 years ago or so…

I think you joined up after I moved, but we lived just outside of Den Haag (Wassenaar) for several years while my wife was at the embassy. Though I lived here and there whilst in the military, NL was not someplace I ever imagined myself living -- much like you alluded to. I've been pretty lucky in life, I must say.

Is that a fat joke Nick?😂
It was aimed at you and not me, so I would assume no.

Y'all interpret the sausage jokes however you need to...

We were running along down the highway at 70+, and flat goes a brand new tire. Pretty exciting, especially 2-up on a motorcycle.
Called AAA. Four hours and five more phone calls later, they dispatch THIS tow truck. The driver tries to convince me that "I can wrap a strap around the middle and just hang it off of the boom. Ummm NO.

In the end, we searched the web and found a local bike shop that showed up ten minutes later, with a motorcycle trailer.
several good samaritans stopped to check on us - and I got a good friend to drive the 150 miles to get us.

Unhappy/happy.

tow.jpg

We were running along down the highway at 70+, and flat goes a brand new tire. Pretty exciting, especially 2-up on a motorcycle.
Called AAA. Four hours and five more phone calls later, they dispatch THIS tow truck. The driver tries to convince me that "I can wrap a strap around the middle and just hang it off of the boom. Ummm NO.

In the end, we searched the web and found a local bike shop that showed up ten minutes later, with a motorcycle trailer.
several good samaritans stopped to check on us - and I got a good friend to drive the 150 miles to get us.

Unhappy/happy.

View attachment 73170

Cmon man, at least bring a flatbed trailer! At least you got it sorted out. Even if they came back with a motorcycle trailer I’m not sure I’d let that company touch my bike.

Cmon man, at least bring a flatbed trailer! At least you got it sorted out. Even if they came back with a motorcycle trailer I’m not sure I’d let that company touch my bike.
Yep. I made sure to impress upon the AAA people that they needed to dispatch a motorcycle-specific hauler, or a flatbed. My buddy has Progressive roadside "assistance" and he got the same treatment. (sigh)

I called a local motorcycle shop, and THEY came and got the bike. VERY nice people !