• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Yep. I made sure to impress upon the AAA people that they needed to dispatch a motorcycle-specific hauler, or a flatbed. My buddy has Progressive roadside "assistance" and he got the same treatment. (sigh)

I called a local motorcycle shop, and THEY came and got the bike. VERY nice people !
That’s great! And glad you had no mishap when the tire went down!

We were running along down the highway at 70+, and flat goes a brand new tire. Pretty exciting, especially 2-up on a motorcycle.
Called AAA. Four hours and five more phone calls later, they dispatch THIS tow truck. The driver tries to convince me that "I can wrap a strap around the middle and just hang it off of the boom. Ummm NO.

In the end, we searched the web and found a local bike shop that showed up ten minutes later, with a motorcycle trailer.
several good samaritans stopped to check on us - and I got a good friend to drive the 150 miles to get us.

Unhappy/happy.

View attachment 73170
AAA should reimburse you if you had to pay anything to get towed?

My dental implant for a molar has failed.
Face hurts and wallet is gonna hurt more.
Estimate is $5,600.00
That's like (4) Cohiba Robusto, man!
Uggggghhhh... Sorry to hear, man. Hopefully some insurance will cover it? Not exactly what I wanted to wake up and read, as I have a pretty extensive dental appointment this morning, myself. :(

Yup, insurance pays very little on implants. Shit, they argued over a porcelain crown(versus regular crown material) and made me pay the extra. BS!

Floyd T

Yup, insurance pays very little on implants. Shit, they argued over a porcelain crown(versus regular crown material) and made me pay the extra. BS!

Floyd T
My interpretation of the summary of benefits, it looks like they may cover 80% on the extraction and bone graft. Then 50% on the crown. The CT scan, drill guide and implant would be 100% on me.

That would knock about $1,700 off, but still $$$$

Estimate is $5,600.00
That's like (4) Cohiba Robusto, man!
Damn! For one molar? Damn! What do they have to do to fix it?

Mine have been an uphill battle since getting my braces off as a teen. Didn't listen to the orthodontist and keep my teeth clean ever. I've been lucky with my root canals and crowns on 5 molars. Can't imagine having to shell that out for an implant job.

Amazing the amount of people who just say, why don't you just have them pulled.

Damn! For one molar? Damn! What do they have to do to fix it?

Mine have been an uphill battle since getting my braces off as a teen. Didn't listen to the orthodontist and keep my teeth clean ever. I've been lucky with my root canals and crowns on 5 molars. Can't imagine having to shell that out for an implant job.

Amazing the amount of people who just say, why don't you just have them pulled.

Extract it, then fill the void with cadaver bone powder. Let the jaw bone heal up and fuse to the cadaver bone. Then do a CT scan and take an impression to have a surgical drill guide made. Drill and insert the post. Let heal. Then install a fake molar onto the stem.

And hope like hell it doesn't fail a third time.

Extract it, then fill the void with cadaver bone powder. Let the jaw bone heal up and fuse to the cadaver bone. Then do a CT scan and take an impression to have a surgical drill guide made. Drill and insert the post. Let heal. Then install a fake molar onto the stem.

And hope like hell it doesn't fail a third time.

Just saved myself $450....Also, glad it wasn't reverse threaded....lol
2023-10-07-23-01-26-568.jpg

And the plot thickens....
Dental insurance won't cover the bone graft. The dental billing code flags it as part of a dental implant procedure, so not covered.

Dentist recommends that I call an oral surgeon to see if he can bill it under a medical billing code. So, I'm playing phone tag with that office now.

It's all bullshit. They list in multiple places that much of this work is covered and then it is all excluded by one small line that says "dental implants not covered."

I have hit my arm AT LEAST 20 times on this f@&$&ng door handle! If this wasn’t our last day, I would take it off!

View attachment 73095
Since I retired, I did a remodel of a condo for a friend. One day his wife asked me to change the way the door, from the master into the master bath, swings. I asked why and she said "I am right handed and I want to reach across my body and pull it to my right side" After a few seconds of dazed and confused, I asked her to go through the door and close it behind her and then come back out. She did, then asked why I had her do that. I explained that every door she has ever gone through in her life swings one way on the way in and the other way on the way out.

She said "just change it", then her husband asked me why I spent 3 hours reframing a perfectly good door. I said "ask your wife", he said "never mind".😆