• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

My iPad just died. The boss lady said OK, get a new on, so I ordered the new iPad 12 Pro. Yes, all my stuff was on iCloud so restore should work, right? NOPE. My email got screwed, and Apple support while trying to help has not been successful to this point. Looks like I will have to do another complete reset and start from square one. NOT fun, specially with mail. I'm dissed!
You will not lose your emails. Once you recreate the accounts, they will repopulate onto your ipad. Enjoy, thats a great piece of equipment.

Wife and child both brought the gift of Covid back with them from Hawaii. I have tested negative and have shown no symptoms whatsoever. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried, except that we are supposed to go to Ireland for the weekend for the Notre Dame / Navy football game, and we all need to be at least 5 days clear in order to travel. The ladies will be fine, for sure, but my turn with the 'Vid hasn't come about yet. All of the free "Corona Cancellation" policies have pretty much been done away with, so there's a lot of money on the table here. :/

Wife and child both brought the gift of Covid back with them from Hawaii. I have tested negative and have shown no symptoms whatsoever. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried, except that we are supposed to go to Ireland for the weekend for the Notre Dame / Navy football game, and we all need to be at least 5 days clear in order to travel. The ladies will be fine, for sure, but my turn with the 'Vid hasn't come about yet. All of the free "Corona Cancellation" policies have pretty much been done away with, so there's a lot of money on the table here. :/
My turn. :/

Slow driving, attention lacking, knuckle dragging, anger inducing drivers. Meh! 😖

This morning, I went to pass a slow vehicle and the bastid sped up as I was coming around. Not just a little bit, mind you, but full on stomped on it. Luckily, I was in my big old truck so I just slowly started pushing back into the lane. I had a feeling when he saw my tow hitch at hood level coming his way that he'd rethink that decision. What a Maroon!! 🙄

Desktop computer is dead or close to it. Don't have the money to replace it. And I didn't save any money switching to Geico.
Joe, that happened with me a few years ago while I was chest deep in client work. I found a guy who was able to completely fix my computer for a couple hundred bucks.

See if you can find some IT guys who know a guy?

My kids were washing their grandmas car today (for $) and we’re doing a half hearted job while fucking around at best. I lit into them and told them that they were doing a terrible job. They seemed deflated after that and their enthusiasm for the job did not improve and neither did my opinion.
In retrospect I could have coached them on how to do a better job rather than telling them of the poor job they were doing. We ended up doing a good job but even when Granny went to pay them, they didn’t feel like they earned their money. I feel bad that I sucked any positive aspect out of washing her car.

My kids were washing their grandmas car today (for $) and we’re doing a half hearted job while fucking around at best. I lit into them and told them that they were doing a terrible job. They seemed deflated after that and their enthusiasm for the job did not improve and neither did my opinion.
In retrospect I could have coached them on how to do a better job rather than telling them of the poor job they were doing. We ended up doing a good job but even when Granny went to pay them, they didn’t feel like they earned their money. I feel bad that I sucked any positive aspect out of washing her car.
It was a teachable moment for you, too...

My Macbook Pro took a shit. I’ve been using my iPad instead, and it’s been fine for what I need. Plus, a new Mac laptop is $$$$. I guess I wouldn’t mind upgrading to an iPad Pro though…