• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

My list of issues grew long this week.
Kids
Wife
Mom
Dad
Sister by default
Kids summer camp
Me
The list goes on…

Man, the older I get, the more I appreciate all of this. Yes it sucks and it's tiring, but as your kids start getting older/driving/having their own lives, you miss these times. I know everyone says it and it's easily dismissed when you're saying bullshit, because you're so busy you don't have time for yourself. Appreciate it. It doesn't mean you have to like it, but try and enjoy it. Doesn't mean you can't bitch/complain while doing it, just understand that you have an opportunity to go through it/learn something during it and make the most of it.

I "get" to do a weeks worth of orientation, for my new job. The positive is that I have a job to do orientation, so while I'm unhappy that I have to follow HR's direction, I'm also happy that I get to.

Just got a call from my Dad , he has mom at ER guess they are keeping her a couple of days her white blood count is high , they think she has and infection in her foot that she had surgery on months ago 😓
Sorry to hear that. Good thoughts and prayers sent her way.

Just got a call from my Dad , he has mom at ER guess they are keeping her a couple of days her white blood count is high , they think she has and infection in her foot that she had surgery on months ago 😓
Sorry to hear. :( Hopefully she will need less than a couple of days. Both my parents have been in/out of the hospital every few months for what seems like a couple years now. It’s draining…

We were into see her this morning, there is (cellulitius?sp) around the plate in her foot , they have her on IV antibiotics hoping it clears up. If it does they will have to take the hardware out.

Nate, I just read the news. I hope the anti’s are doing their job. Prayers sent, my friend.

Floyd At

Just saw this too.. so sorry to hear Nate. IV antibiotics go to work very fast, hopefully she's starting to get some relief now or very soon. That foot should be back to kicking your ass any day now! 😁

I have a 12 year old grandson who is borderline obese. His eating habits are disgusting, he sneaks food 24 hours a day, he hovers over food like a vulture, if you move the food toward others, he gets up and re-hovers.

My daughter doesn't seem to see it.

I want to teach him better, but I guess it's not my place. But I know he will suffer for it in the long run.

I hate to ignore it like evryone else does.😒

I have a 12 year old grandson who is borderline obese. His eating habits are disgusting, he sneaks food 24 hours a day, he hovers over food like a vulture, if you move the food toward others, he gets up and re-hovers.

My daughter doesn't seem to see it.

I want to teach him better, but I guess it's not my place. But I know he will suffer for it in the long run.

I hate to ignore it like evryone else does.😒
Sorry to hear that, Jeff. Tough situation to be in. Possibly a trip with you and he, and you casually bring up better eating habits as a general rule. He’s got to want to do it though, or it’s not gonna happen. Good luck.

Floyd T

Day four with no water, no internet. No TV. Home phone out. Intermittent power failures because of storms, and then a lady in a Suburban took out a power pole.

The water company is attempting to fix a months old leak. They managed to cut the water line, cable, and phone lines. But it wasn't without some small amount of entertainment.

1000004207.jpg

They got it all dug out, and then decided that the leak was elsewhere, and so they filled it all back in. Of course there's still that pesky leak.

1000004227.jpg
1000004237.jpg

So everyone left. Along comes the AT&T guy. "They cut the main trunk line" he says. "That's gotta all be dug up". Then the cable guy shows up and says the same thing.

Well, at least they turned the water back on, with a boil order. And we have 'lectric again.

Stay tuned.

Day four with no water, no internet. No TV. Home phone out. Intermittent power failures because of storms, and then a lady in a Suburban took out a power pole.

The water company is attempting to fix a months old leak. They managed to cut the water line, cable, and phone lines. But it wasn't without some small amount of entertainment.

View attachment 70914

They got it all dug out, and then decided that the leak was elsewhere, and so they filled it all back in. Of course there's still that pesky leak.

View attachment 70915
View attachment 70916

So everyone left. Along comes the AT&T guy. "They cut the main trunk line" he says. "That's gotta all be dug up". Then the cable guy shows up and says the same thing.

Well, at least they turned the water back on, with a boil order. And we have 'lectric again.

Stay tuned.
Wow, what a mess!

Stay tuned.

HAHAHAHA, I bet the AT&T guy was pissed. "Main trunk line", I'm wondering how many pair that cable was. If it's a main line, I'm betting it's at least 50 pairs and up. Not sure how many houses it's serving, but that's going to be a PIA to dig back up and splice.

Sorry to hear that, Jeff. Tough situation to be in. Possibly a trip with you and he, and you casually bring up better eating habits as a general rule. He’s got to want to do it though, or it’s not gonna happen. Good luck.

Floyd T
Well, he's 12 years old, so just entering prime teenage-eating years. I don't think that eating less is necessarily in the cards, here, but he could probably be eating better. If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess that he's probably not a very active kid, yeah? Should probably work on getting him more consistent exercise via something he finds he enjoys doing as much, or more than, his phone and video games; sports, outdoor activities that require lots of movement, geocaching, etc...

Well, he's 12 years old, so just entering prime teenage-eating years. I don't think that eating less is necessarily in the cards, here, but he could probably be eating better. If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess that he's probably not a very active kid, yeah? Should probably work on getting him more consistent exercise via something he finds he enjoys doing as much, or more than, his phone and video games; sports, outdoor activities that require lots of movement, geocaching, etc...
Actually Nick, I think it's more depression than anything else.

He is, believe it or not, somewhat active in sports.