• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Actually Nick, I think it's more depression than anything else.

He is, believe it or not, somewhat active in sports.

Is there any family history of obesity? He could be predisposed to the so-called "fat gene". Depression is plaguing our kids in unprecedented ways as well. Do you know if there's any oversight regarding his social media usage?

It's literally screwing our kids up in myriad ways that I don't think a lot of parents fully grasp.

Is there any family history of obesity? He could be predisposed to the so-called "fat gene". Depression is plaguing our kids in unprecedented ways as well. Do you know if there's any oversight regarding his social media usage?

It's literally screwing our kids up in myriad ways that I don't think a lot of parents fully grasp.
Good point about the social media. That shit is a deplorable use of the internet.

Wife was informed via text last night that two of her guinea pigs have died whilst in boarding. She's not crushed by the news, but still feels really bad that it happened while she was not there. We decided to drive 6 hours (each way) to Madrid to an actual rodent boarding facility there because she felt that the places local to us were veritable death sentences for her herd, as the situations would have had them outside in the heat, surrounded by barking dogs, and exposed to the elements -- every one of these places had zero experience boarding guinea pigs, which are actually very high maintenance creatures (like women). So, she's frustrated and mad at herself because even with all of the time and money spent (it's not at all about the money, really) to leave them in a place with some peace of mind, they are still dying off... and we still have a week to go before we get back. :/

Also, I really miss our doggles. :(

Wife was informed via text last night that two of her guinea pigs have died whilst in boarding. She's not crushed by the news, but still feels really bad that it happened while she was not there. We decided to drive 6 hours (each way) to Madrid to an actual rodent boarding facility there because she felt that the places local to us were veritable death sentences for her herd, as the situations would have had them outside in the heat, surrounded by barking dogs, and exposed to the elements -- every one of these places had zero experience boarding guinea pigs, which are actually very high maintenance creatures (like women). So, she's frustrated and mad at herself because even with all of the time and money spent (it's not at all about the money, really) to leave them in a place with some peace of mind, they are still dying off... and we still have a week to go before we get back. :/

Sorry to hear this Nick :(

This will be the fourth time I’ve contracted this stuff. The wife led a church camp last week, and I tagged along to help out only to come home with this. Bad enough I couldn’t fire any sticks last week, now I’m afraid it’s going to be a day or two before my sinuses start acting right. 71312716485__24F4A4AD-D3C7-43D8-8706-48CE86874C13.jpeg

This will be the fourth time I’ve contracted this stuff. The wife led a church camp last week, and I tagged along to help out only to come home with this. Bad enough I couldn’t fire any sticks last week, now I’m afraid it’s going to be a day or two before my sinuses start acting right. View attachment 71131
You must be hanging out in the wrong places... I haven't even gotten it once.

Sorry it hear this, Nick 😞

Good point about the social media. That shit is a deplorable use of the internet.

For sure -the internet, especially social media, has had a horrible impact on students. I'm just starting year 25 in high school education, and things have changes A LOT.

I think that in cases like this, there can be a combination of things going on - level of physical activity, diet, mental health, peers, and support and structure with these things at home. While I don't deal with physical issues like obesity at work, when I am dealing with issues like behavior, not doing work, etc. one of the things we try to do as soon as possible is get parent buy-in and support. With our students spending more time at home, it is important to get that structure in place as well.

I'm hopeful that your daughter will be able to see what is going on and give him support and structure in all of those areas.

Sorry to hear this, Nick!

That's awful! It's never easy loosing a pet but to loose them after going up and above to prevent it is horribly wrong.

My iPad just died. The boss lady said OK, get a new on, so I ordered the new iPad 12 Pro. Yes, all my stuff was on iCloud so restore should work, right? NOPE. My email got screwed, and Apple support while trying to help has not been successful to this point. Looks like I will have to do another complete reset and start from square one. NOT fun, specially with mail. I'm dissed!