• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

I'll be out on the deck with a nice Aberlour and a Party Short. Anyone care to join me?
I'd love to if you weren't so far away Clint. After the day I've had, I think I'm going to fire up an ED Conte 109 and sit outside for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and just relax.

If I'm reading the map correctly, you're about a 20 hour drive away. That would put you here supper time tomorrow just in time to kick back and enjoy a nice steak and then a nice smoke with me. Hell, all of the GYFWPII participants are invited. Party at Moe's!!!!!!!

If you're promising steaks and cigars I might just hand deliver the pass to you. :laugh:

Guys, I want to clarify something for you about sending the pass on to the next person. I certainly don't expect you to get the pass in one afternoon, do the inventory, your P/T's, put it back together, and feel like you have to get it back out the next day. I know it takes a little time to get everything done and I feel if you get a pass on Monday, then by Thursday at the latest, you should have it going to the next guy. This gives you plenty of time without having to rush things.

Here are my final P/T's. I chose to make a sub of slightly higher value for the ESG since the tatuaje I have has slight wrapper damage. This is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow. Whoever takes #59, the cigar is in the baggy, and the coffin is separate to keep it from moving around. The humi pillows seemed good, gave them a tiny spray of distilled water.

T: #54 Casa Fuente Robusto P: #59 CAO America Anthem LE 'A' Size in Coffin
T: #13 Ashton ESG #20 (churchill) P: #60 Padron 1926 No. 1 Maduro
T: #25 Davidoff Millennium Blend Piramide P: #61 Padron 1926 No. 1 Natural
T: #10 WOAM P: #62 LFD Mysterio
T: #51 Casa Fuente Corona Gorda P: #63 Partagas 160 Signature Series Robusto
T: #55 AF Hemingway Untold Story P: #64 AVO 80th Belicoso
T: #42 Opus X xXx P: #65 VSG Robusto

Here are my final P/T's. I chose to make a sub of slightly higher value for the ESG since the tatuaje I have has slight wrapper damage. This is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow. Whoever takes #59, the cigar is in the baggy, and the coffin is separate to keep it from moving around. The humi pillows seemed good, gave them a tiny spray of distilled water.

Good stuff Alan! Thanks for joining in the pass and keeping it moving along quickly.

Well done TMC!!!! The pass is heading to the Heartland and Brent has promised to hand deliver it to me in return for minute steaks and instant potatoes!!!! Rock on!!!!

Anyone who want's to trade me, stick for stick, OpusX xXx for all my VSG's let me know. ;)

Here are my proposed puts and takes:

T: 3) Alec Bradley Tempus Nova Terra P: 66) LFD Double Ligero lancero
T: 26)Davidoff Winston Churchill Chequers P: 67)Diamond Crown Maximus #2
T: 50) Tatuaje Noellas P: 68) Illusione 888
T: 38) Oliva Serie V churchill P: 69) Work of Art Natural
T: 30) Liga Privada #9 P: 70) La Riqueza #2
T: 61) Padron 1926 #1 Natural P: 71) Casa Fuente Corona Gorda

I know the last one is a little lite, but it seems a lot of people are wanting the Casa Fuentes. If that last one doesn't work, I'll try to figure out a way to still get the Casa in the pass, but this would obviously be my preferred trade.

Bsneed, if that last one falls through, I will through you a few nice sticks for that Casa.

Now that is how a person participates in a Cigar Pass....Great Job Alan

There's the snap...TheMoneyCollector drops back.....it looks like a Pass....he's looking down field...HE HAS A MAN OPEN...it's Bsneed51 at mid-field....Alan airs it out...........

I know the last one is a little lite, but it seems a lot of people are wanting the Casa Fuentes. If that last one doesn't work, I'll try to figure out a way to still get the Casa in the pass, but this would obviously be my preferred trade.

Solid. Very solid P/Ts. No complaints here.

T: 3) Alec Bradley Tempus Nova Terra ($6.50) P: 66) LFD Double Ligero lancero ($7.50)
T: 26) Davidoff Winston Churchill Chequers ($12.82) P: 67) Diamond Crown Maximus #2 ($14.25)
T: 50) Tatuaje Noellas ($7.38) P: 68) Illusione 888 ($7.64)
T: 38) Oliva Series V Churchill ($6.57) P: 69) Work of Art Natural ($8.00)
T: 30) Liga Privada #9 ($8.95) P: 70) La Riqueza #2 ($8.56)
T: 61) Padron 1926 #1 Natural ($21.32) P: 71) Casa Fuente Corona Gorda ($18.00)

Brian, I have a few questions about pricing.

When we go to Cigarcyclopedia.com and check the pricing, how do we determine the correct price? I know about adding the prices together and then take an average, but there are a few examples I want to bring up.

Example: Tatuaje Noellas prices went from a Hi/Lo of $210 to $159 a box. I added the two together, divided by 2, then divided by 25(per box) to get $7.38....is this correct? Or do we use all the prices, add them together, divide by the number of each, then divide by the number of cigars in the box?...like the math in the next example....

Example: Davidoff Winston Churchill Chequers was not listed there, at least I couldn't find it. I searched the Internet and found 3 prices for the box, $320.60==>$303.75==>$337.50...I added the 3 together, divided by 3, then divided by 25(per box) to get $12,82...should we be doing this?

Example: Padron 1926 #1. On the list is 3 prices, $480==>$480==>.$575. Do we throw out the $575 as being really high and just go with the two $480 ($20 per) prices or do the math involving all three and average it out?...$21.32 per stick.

As a rule of thumb, if we see one price $50 to $100 more per box, should we throw that one out and just use the rest?

Under what circumstances could we use Vitolas.net pricing?

I hope I'm not getting too anal, I'm just trying to get a handle on this once and for all.

Thanks

When doing my pricing I had the same issues. Some cigars seemed to have wide ranges. For those sticks I usually discounted the extremes. I couldn't and still don't understand why some sites are gross above or below the competitors.

Also, I tend to bounce between CI, JR, and Holts. For the Opus, Anejo, Hemingways, ESG's, Pardon's and Tats I referred back to the sticky threads here at CP.

Anyone who want's to trade me, stick for stick, OpusX xXx for all my VSG's let me know. ;)

I was thinking the same thing.
For those of you that feel the need to start questioning everything I do in this pass, how 'bout a pm regarding your displeasure instead of trying to make me look like I'm an ass in public. If I remember correctly, you guys are the newbies here, not me.

These all look good to me Brent. I'm going to let the last one go because MSRP on the Padron is $20 but because of the widespread availability of it actually being cheaper than that, and the fact that the Casa is more highly sought after. So in actuality, the last trade is good $ to $.