• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Interesting P&T's. I have some thoughts but I'm not even in this pass :blush: . Will wait for #2's opinion.

Brian

ON IT'S WAY!!!!
Sig Con # 2305 0270 0001 1052 3362

For those of you that print your own USPS labels, here are the specs of the box so you can be prepared.

18x12x10 5 lbs 15 oz

It cost me $33.55 to ship it priority, but like I said, I was going to take care of the longest leg of the pass so I would expect it to run around $12-$18 for you guys to ship. This is why I'd like you to do as many P/T's as you like (up to 7) so the shipping and your takes can try to equal out.

We're officially in business people, so start keeping up with the thread as often as you can check in.

Brian

FYI Again ! :whistling:

This is back in motion :) Can you post the box dimensions and weight? I want to already get shipping quotes so I can turn this around quickly.

Here are my prelim P/T's for Jonesy approval. I'll likely change the Tat black since there is already one in the box.

T: $21.00 54) Casa Fuente Robusto P: CAO America Anthem LE 'A' Size in Coffin ($22.22)
T: $7.35 10) Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art P: Oliva Master Blend III Robusto ($7.25)
T: $13.50 27) Diamond Crown Maximus #3 Pyramid P: AVO 80th Anniversary Belicoso ($13.50)
T: $19.00 13) Ashton ESG #20 (churchill) P: Tatuaje RC233 ($19.25)
T: $18.40 25) Davidoff Millennium Blend Piramide P: Padron 1926 No. 1 Natural ($20)
T: $12.50 55) AF Hemingway Untold Story P: ???Tatuaje Black Label ($13)

Im not saying this just because I want the Casa's for myself (which I do), but it seems that your only looking at the $ factor and not the HTF factor.

Just an example of my P/T for the Casa..

T: $21.00 54) Casa Fuente Robusto
P: $26.00 Zino Platinum Barrel

I don't mean to challenge anyone here at all, but I think these premium smokes need to be held at a higher standard. In no way is it my decision, but this is just my .02

Am I wrong here?

VERDICT
When you get into rare, or HTF cigars, it's hard to come up with a concrete dollar for dollar amount on this type of trade. In any pass I've ever been in, a Casa Fuente has never garnered any extra dollar amount for rarity.

Straight from the horses mouth earlier in this pass. Page 20, post #393

VERDICT
When you get into rare, or HTF cigars, it's hard to come up with a concrete dollar for dollar amount on this type of trade. In any pass I've ever been in, a Casa Fuente has never garnered any extra dollar amount for rarity.

Straight from the horses mouth earlier in this pass. Page 20, post #393

Well then there we go..

Thanks Bro.

Im not saying this just because I want the Casa's for myself (which I do), but it seems that your only looking at the $ factor and not the HTF factor.

I think it's important to matching the $ amount. HTF would have to be matched or extra in value to make up for it.

IMO, I see a problem with your hypothetical P/T. By adding $5 more in value, then every time someone makes a P/T, by the 10th person, you need a padron 80th or better just to make a trade. I thought always one-upping was seriously frowned upon.

I think it's important to matching the $ amount. HTF would have to be matched or extra in value to make up for it.

IMO, I see a problem with your hypothetical P/T. By adding $5 more in value, then every time someone makes a P/T, by the 10th person, you need a padron 80th or better just to make a trade. I thought always one-upping was seriously frowned upon.

Yeah, good point. I was just trying to make up for taking a great stick, but I wasnt thinking that if someone wanted my T, they would have to really stretch themselves.

Well, you learn something new everyday..

Thanks

This is back in motion :) Can you post the box dimensions and weight? I want to already get shipping quotes so I can turn this around quickly.

Here are my prelim P/T's for Jonesy approval. I'll likely change the Tat black since there is already one in the box.

T: $21.00 54) Casa Fuente Robusto P: CAO America Anthem LE 'A' Size in Coffin ($22.22)
T: $7.35 10) Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art P: Oliva Master Blend III Robusto ($7.25)
T: $13.50 27) Diamond Crown Maximus #3 Pyramid P: AVO 80th Anniversary Belicoso ($13.50)
T: $18.40 25) Davidoff Millennium Blend Piramide P: Padron 1926 No. 1 Natural ($20)
GOOD
NO GOOD ...price is there but rarity is not
NO GOOD not sure where you came up with MSRP of $13.50...my calculation gives me $14.80. Averages $296 for a box of 20.
GOOD
GOOD
NO GOOD if production had stayed just to the 1000 jars originally planned on being released, this would be fine. Now that they're being produced in cello, it lacks rarity of the UTS.

Not bad. Seems you put a good deal of effort and thought into these P/T's and that's what I like to see.

Dc EH 480114610 US

$collector the eagle will land on your porch by noon tomorrow. I hope this shipping method helps get us back on track.
Thanks for going the extra step in next day delivery Matt! :thumbs:

NO GOOD not sure where you came up with MSRP of $13.50...my calculation gives me $14.80. Averages $296 for a box of 20.
When I checked it out, THIS was the first place I saw and thought the pricing was OK at $13.50 :laugh:

Search was not my friend :rolleyes:......must search more and average :whistling:

Yeah, good point. I was just trying to make up for taking a great stick, but I wasnt thinking that if someone wanted my T, they would have to really stretch themselves.

Well, you learn something new everyday..

Thanks

It's my understanding that the rarity factor is a limiter, in that regardless of value unless the rarity matches up you can't make the exchange, unless there's an extenuating circumstance, as was the case with Desert Rat's puts and takes. It's not the increase in value that's the issue but rather the decrease in rarity regardless of MSRP. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, like I said that's just how I've come to understand things.

When I checked it out, THIS was the first place I saw and thought the pricing was OK at $13.50 :laugh:

Search was not my friend :rolleyes:......must search more and average :whistling:
No, don't have to search. Just use the cigarcyclopedia guide I have linked in the first page....that's what I'm using as my guide to determine P/T's and suggested you guys use so we're on the same page. ;)

CigarCyclopedia Comparison Shopper
The site above is something I like to use as a reference tool in determining MSRP.
Just in case some of you didn't see this in the first post.

Jonesy, you think any of these work out ? It looks like $1 is too much, so what is the range that we're trying to stay within?

T: $7.35 10) WOAM P: LFD Mysterio
T: $18 Casa Fuente Corona Gorda P: Partagas 160 Robusto
T: $12.50 55) AF Hemingway Untold Story P: AVO 80th Belicoso
T: $9.25 Opus X xXx P: VSG Robusto

Jonesy, you think any of these work out ? It looks like $1 is too much, so what is the range that we're trying to stay within?

The mysterio is a regular production cigar, and as such doesn't match the WOAM in rarity, I believe.
I have the robust at $17.52, and for sale at 5 different retailers, so I'd rethink that one
I have the avo at 13.47, but available at 4 stores, where as the untold story is HTF stick
I think this one looks good?

edit:
after talking with some people:
#1. the price difference might even this out, since the woam is still regularly produced, but released only at certain times
#3. the avo, while available, is a one time only release, but the untold story is still in production, so that one might be ok
#4. The price similarity, but rarity difference may be a problem here, would look for input from other people.

The mysterio is a regular production cigar, and as such doesn't match the WOAM in rarity, I believe.
I have the robust at $17.52, and for sale at 5 different retailers, so I'd rethink that one
I have the avo at 13.47, but available at 4 stores, where as the untold story is HTF stick

edit:
#1. the price difference might even this out, since the woam is still regularly produced, but released only at certain times
#3. the avo, while available, is a one time only release, but the untold story is still in production, so that one might be ok
#4. The price similarity, but rarity difference may be a problem here, would look for input from other people.

#2 is within $0.50, is that acceptable?

edit:

I would say that would come down to what rarity you assign to the Casa Fuente.

edit:

Post #393 it was established that they don't command any extra premium.

edit:

Post #393 it was established that they don't command any extra premium.

Then as long as the 50 cents price difference isn't too great it should be a solid put/take. We'll have to wait and see what the other pass members think, and of course jonesy's decision.

Your item arrived at 9:28 AM on September 24, 2008 in MCKINNEY, TX 75070. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I wash my hands of this It's your problem now Mr Moneycollector!

I look forward to watching many more posts of this on going drama though, and of course participating in the next contest ot two.

I have learned alot on this and I want to thank Jonsey for allowing me in. Sorry I was late.