• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet Pass II

Your item arrived at 9:28 AM on September 24, 2008 in MCKINNEY, TX 75070. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I wash my hands of this It's your problem now Mr Moneycollector!

I look forward to watching many more posts of this on going drama though, and of course participating in the next contest ot two.

I have learned alot on this and I want to thank Jonsey for allowing me in. Sorry I was late.

Wow you make the Pass sound like a chore you didn't want to do instead of something fun. :rolleyes:

Your item arrived at 9:28 AM on September 24, 2008 in MCKINNEY, TX 75070. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I look forward to watching many more posts of this on going drama though, and of course participating in the next contest ot two.

I have learned alot on this and I want to thank Jonsey for allowing me in. Sorry I was late.

Wow you make the Pass sound like a chore you didn't want to do instead of something fun. :rolleyes:

Well it kind of was.

Take # 37 Old Henry (5.35) Put RP Sungrown Robusto 5.5 X 50 (5.25) For which I paid 8.95 plus Ca tax

Take # 5 Anejo 49 (9.50) Put Tatuaje Black $12.00 for which I paid 16.95 plus Ca tax

Take 45) Padron Anniversary Maduro Principe Put Kaui $9.00 for which I paid 12.00 plus Ca Tax

The best deal I guess is I got that Anejo for 16.95 plus ca tax. I usually can not find them here anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like the pass idea but us Cali guys kind of get screwed a little.

End of rant...... Back to spreading Joy and love

What did you expect coming into the pass? The rules for puts and takes were pretty clearly stated, and are pretty standard for other passes that have gone on here, if you were afraid of losing out on what you paid for your cigars then maybe this pass wasn't for you?

T: $7.35 10) WOAM P: LFD Mysterio
T: $18 Casa Fuente Corona Gorda P: Partagas 160 Robusto
T: $12.50 55) AF Hemingway Untold Story P: AVO 80th Belicoso
T: $9.25 Opus X xXx P: VSG Robusto

This is my take on those three

1. While the WOAM is a yearly product, demand and small production run make it HTF. In my area I have never seen a WOAM, but see Opus 3-4 times a year, so which is more rare?
2. I like it, I was going to do it.... :angry: Casa's are interesting, I can tell you exactly where you can get one at anytime you want. Casa don't seem to meet the "actual" HTF guidelines. The price us good in my opinion.
3. I like this, you could argue that Opus are harder to find and that VSG's can be purchased from various online retailers. Plus it gives me another Put option.

In regards to taxes and such, do on-line vendors or CP members charge tax? Isn't that the reason #2 gave us the info to research cigar prices? Taxes in different areas are high, for me it's 6.25%, but thats the cost of doing business. As stated above, you know what this pass was about before it got to you, if you don't think that can make it work, there is no shame in saying so and opting out.

Just my .02$

Brandon

The power of the pass carries a great responsibility to the bearer. Why, just the other day......... (you hear a sound like the tinkling of fine crystal, your vision blurs and you find yourself a voyeuer, listening in on conversation)

Jonesy: His strength returns.

Souldog: That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it the rest of his life.

Jonesy: And yet, to have come so far, still bearing the Pass, the BOTL has shown extraordinary resilience to its temptation.

Souldog: It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Beyond the Band.

Jonesy: Jon, we need to get the Pass moving. The Newbie forces are massing in the east, their eyes are fixed on Lake Elsinor.

Souldog: Yes, the Pass has been delayed and if we do not get it moving soon, the Newbies in the East will come for the Pass.

Jonesy: This delay cannot be concealed by the power of the Fogs. We do not have the strength to withstand the Newbies. Jon, the Pass cannot stay here. This Pass belongs to all the Newbies of GYFWPII. They must decide now how to end it. The time of the FOGS is over, my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Chat dwellers? They toil away in obscure chat rooms, seeking riches. They care nothing for the troubles of GYFWPII.

Souldog: It is in Newbies that we must place our hope.

Jonesy: Beyond the Band kept the Pass. It should have ended that day, but the delay was allowed to endure. There's no strength left in the world of Newbies. They're scattered, divided, leaderless.

Souldog: There is one who could unite them. One who could reclaim the Pass.

[Beyond the Band hears the Pass whispering ominously while the Council argues]

beyond the band: I will take it!

[they don't hear him; he raises his voice]

[they fall silent, looking at him]

beyond the band: I will take the Pass to the Post Office!

[pause]

beyond the band; Though... I do not know the way

(You hear the strange tinkling of crystal and your vision clears)

See? The Pass can be a great burden on a mere Newbie, indeed.

ROFLMFAO!!! Oh man!! You win SOMETHING for that post Dan, I just don't know what!?!?!

Take # 37 Old Henry (5.35) Put RP Sungrown Robusto 5.5 X 50 (5.25) For which I paid 8.95 plus Ca tax

Take # 5 Anejo 49 (9.50) Put Tatuaje Black $12.00 for which I paid 16.95 plus Ca tax

Take 45) Padron Anniversary Maduro Principe Put Kaui $9.00 for which I paid 12.00 plus Ca Tax

The best deal I guess is I got that Anejo for 16.95 plus ca tax. I usually can not find them here anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like the pass idea but us Cali guys kind of get screwed a little.

End of rant...... Back to spreading Joy and love

It doesn't matter what you paid for a cigar, when you're in a pass, MSRP is king! You make it sound like you're complaining that you have too much money in your puts and not getting enough out of your takes?? Look at it this way, if you were to buy the cigars you took out of my pass and had to pay Cali taxes and prices on them, who comes out better then? If this pass became such a chore to you, then I don't want you participating in it anymore...discussions, contests, opinions, whatever. Feel free to resume your CP life now, but if anyone asks a reference on you for another pass, don't expect a glowing recommendation from me. Since I'm on the rant now, any of Matt's friends, don't pm me with your sentiments on how I've handled this situation. This is my pass, I am the sole word of reason here and if you don't like the way I do things, tough shit! This is MY pass and I will do what I deem is necessary to keep it in good standing so keep your opinions to yourselves because you don't like how I'm treating one of your buddies.

In regards to taxes and such, do on-line vendors or CP members charge tax? Isn't that the reason #2 gave us the info to research cigar prices? Taxes in different areas are high, for me it's 6.25%, but thats the cost of doing business. As stated above, you know what this pass was about before it got to you, if you don't think that can make it work, there is no shame in saying so and opting out.

Just my .02$

Brandon
EXACTLY! This is the sole reason I use an online guide with online retailers prices...they don't charge taxes. This is how we come up with fair and reasonable P/T's without getting into the whole "well, I paid this for that cigar because I live in this state".....you have the same opportunities that the rest of us have to circumvent the taxes by ordering your cigars online.

Now, who wants to piss me off next? :laugh:

The power of the pass carries a great responsibility to the bearer. Why, just the other day......... (you hear a sound like the tinkling of fine crystal, your vision blurs and you find yourself a voyeuer, listening in on conversation)

Jonesy: His strength returns.

Souldog: That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it the rest of his life.

Jonesy: And yet, to have come so far, still bearing the Pass, the BOTL has shown extraordinary resilience to its temptation.

Souldog: It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Beyond the Band.

Jonesy: Jon, we need to get the Pass moving. The Newbie forces are massing in the east, their eyes are fixed on Lake Elsinor.

Souldog: Yes, the Pass has been delayed and if we do not get it moving soon, the Newbies in the East will come for the Pass.

Jonesy: This delay cannot be concealed by the power of the Fogs. We do not have the strength to withstand the Newbies. Jon, the Pass cannot stay here. This Pass belongs to all the Newbies of GYFWPII. They must decide now how to end it. The time of the FOGS is over, my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Chat dwellers? They toil away in obscure chat rooms, seeking riches. They care nothing for the troubles of GYFWPII.

Souldog: It is in Newbies that we must place our hope.

Jonesy: Beyond the Band kept the Pass. It should have ended that day, but the delay was allowed to endure. There's no strength left in the world of Newbies. They're scattered, divided, leaderless.

Souldog: There is one who could unite them. One who could reclaim the Pass.

[Beyond the Band hears the Pass whispering ominously while the Council argues]

[they don't hear him; he raises his voice]

[they fall silent, looking at him]

beyond the band: I will take the Pass to the Post Office!

[pause]

beyond the band; Though... I do not know the way

(You hear the strange tinkling of crystal and your vision clears)

See? The Pass can be a great burden on a mere Newbie, indeed.
Trophy.jpg

Jonesy, you think any of these work out ? It looks like $1 is too much, so what is the range that we're trying to stay within?

T: $7.35 10) WOAM P: LFD Mysterio
T: $18 Casa Fuente Corona Gorda P: Partagas 160 Robusto
T: $12.50 55) AF Hemingway Untold Story P: AVO 80th Belicoso
T: $9.25 Opus X xXx P: VSG Robusto
I don't have a problem with any of these as long as the Partagas 160 isn't the rubusto minor. Clarify that one, give them some numbers, and we'll be good to go.

I'm in the process of updating the first post now so bear with me a few minutes.

Easy Jonsey, Easy,
I just stated my sentiments and am over it.

I am glad to have participated I have absolutly no regrets after this pass. I have done a pass and now I know what they are about.
I know next time to prepare a little better. and do more research before.

I have learned (isn't this a learning pass?)

Well it kind of was.

As do the NY guys...the NJ guys...the Connecticut guys....the Michigan guys....the Pennsylvania guys...etc.

If you look at a Pass as getting great cigars at a bargain price, you're in it for all the wrong reasons.

Why am I not shocked at your answer after what transpired over the last 13 days.

ENOUGH!

Matt and I both have stated how we feel, there is no need for anymore drama to unfold because everyone thinks they need to put their $.02 in. I'm done with this and it's behind us now, so we all need to move on with the pass.

Matt, if you want me to take it easy, then maybe you need to read your post before you post it to see how it will come across to those reading it. You may have said what you did in jest, but it certainly didn't come across that way.

You don't know what transpired over the last 13 days. If you need to know then PM me I will tell you.

I am not looking for an upgrade in my collection
Shit man I just pointed out some discrepencies I had and and that was it.

So are we good to go with themoneycollectors Puts/Takes? Sorry, but I'm not sure what the final ones were so that I can go ahead and finalize my propositions.

I'll be out on the deck with a nice Aberlour and a Party Short. Anyone care to join me?

So are we good to go with themoneycollectors Puts/Takes? Sorry, but I'm not sure what the final ones were so that I can go ahead and finalize my propositions.

I'm with you Sneedy. I'm not sure that it is clear to me either.

They've been approved, I'll post my final P/T's once I get home from work. I haven't actually seen them, but they shouldn't change unless the wrappers are damaged or they are not in the original cellos.

They've been approved, I'll post my final P/T's once I get home from work. I haven't actually seen them, but they shouldn't change unless the wrappers are damaged or they are not in the original cellos.
Like I said, they are approved pending you letting me know which Partagas 160 robusto you're putting in the pass. There are three sizes, but I won't accept a Robusto Minor as a trade for the Casa Fuente. If you're not sure which one it is, measure it and I can tell you.

I'll be out on the deck with a nice Aberlour and a Party Short. Anyone care to join me?
I'd love to if you weren't so far away Clint. After the day I've had, I think I'm going to fire up an ED Conte 109 and sit outside for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and just relax.

I've got a question.

I've got some Anejo 48's & 49's that I've taken the cedar off of; but I did leave them in the original cello.

Is the cedar being off disqualify these for possible Put's when my turn comes around?

I've got a question.

I've got some Anejo 48's & 49's that I've taken the cedar off of; but I did leave them in the original cello.

Is the cedar being off disqualify these for possible Put's when my turn comes around?
As far as I'm concerned, they can be out of the cello also. I'm not looking for things in their specific original packaging (although it's good to have) but looking for good quality cigars that aren't damaged in any way. As long as there's no cracks, peeling, or other problems with the cigar, the can go in the pass without their cedar or their cello because they go right into a baggie.