• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass

The pass has not arrived yet but in order to keep things moving I made some preliminary picks (using the list) and had BigJake approve them before leaving for his trip. If I make any changes I will send a PM to gunsandcigars for an okay.

T. opus Petit Lancero
P. Davidoff Short Perfecto

T. Tatuaje Frank
P. Maximus Diamond Crown #1

P. Graycliff Red Label PD
P. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Challenger

Edit made to correct put and take for the Maximus and Tat Frank (had them vice versa in the original post)

Hey SirusBlack, I am in TX till right before New Years Eve so looks like you need to skip me, Looks like two others were already skipped.

Merry Christmas Guys!

Mike

Mike, After Serious it is going back to DSav...shouldn't head your way until after the new year im sure.

I was guessing that but just wanted to remind everybody. -Mike

Anyone know anything about SKS's? I am thinking about picking one up in the next few days.

Seth

Anyone know anything about SKS's? I am thinking about picking one up in the next few days.

Seth

From what I've heard it is the equivalent to the AK-47. Same rounds, same capacities, Russian made etc. Some prefer the AK some prefer the SKS. I haven't shot one, so I can't give much more comment. I have shot the AK and really like it.

I know I don't like em, and I know they are super inconsistant. You need to research and find what brands or countries of origin are actually worth a damn. Some suck, some are okay.

Pass recieved today. At it safe and sound. I am reviewing everything and its fine. I sent a revised list of puts and takes to BigJake and Gunsandcugars for approval. I hope to have this back out the door in the morning. I'll post my final puts and takes once I get approval back.

Update 6:28PM...Inventory complete. Every looks good. I made a quick repair to container holding the humidification gel. So it should be ready to go in the AM. Just waiting okay on my puts and takes from gunsandcigars.

Might want to wait till Monday to send to me, as I wouldn't want it to sit for a day outside if the neighbor doesn't see it if it gets to me Monday! Just a thought!!! Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful X-mas!

Don

Might want to wait till Monday to send to me, as I wouldn't want it to sit for a day outside if the neighbor doesn't see it if it gets to me Monday! Just a thought!!! Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful X-mas!

Don

Well I haven't heard back from Brandon yet (Gunsandcigars88) on my revised picks and BigJake is travelling. So I missed the post office cut off for today (most in this area close early on saturday). So it definitely won't be before Monday but everything is repacked and ready to go.

Okay here's my final puts and takes.....

T. Opus Petit Lancero
P. Davidoff Short Perfecto

T. Tatuaje Frank
P. Maximus Diamond Crown #1

T. LFD Factory Press II
P. Graycliff Red Label PG

P. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Challenger

As Dsav101 requested...pass will go out Monday morning.

Pass is on the move to DSav. Dropped it off at the post office this morning. Here is the DC# 0308 2690 0000 9162 5144. The lady at the post office was hilarious. She actually pulled out a tape measurer to measure the box and assign the proper rate. Postal regs getting so complex that even the workers have a hard time keeping up with them. I still paid less than $9.00. So all is well.
Thanks for letting me play, guys, and for helping me get my first pass under my belt! Hope I wasn't too much a pain in the a$$.

Seth

my .02

The are not comparable to the AK version. They shoot the same bullet but with an SKS you typically have a fixed magazine versus a detatchable one with an AK variant. Most SKS's are 'stamped' and not very reliable. As previously mentioned a lot depends on which kind you get (country or origin) they are usually very affordable.

Pass arrived today. I just got in from out of state, so I am not sure if I can get enough done on this to get it out tomorrow. Then with New Years on Thurs, this pass most likely won't make it out until Friday. I will try to get some P's and T's shortly but have to wait for my little guy who cannot stop coughing and snotting to get some sleep :( I have not inspected it properly yet, but if the packaging says anything at all, this should be in real good shape :) Well packaged!

Don

figured you guys would appreaciate some eye candy. New 870 today. Got a good deal on it.

Going to order a knoxx spec ops stock for it and it will become a hd hsotty.

pictures(sorry for bad quality i don't have a camera right now only my cell.)
w7d4pk.jpg

30cno5x.jpg

^^^Nice looking Shotty. Should be a nice little banger when you are done with it :)

Here are my puts/takes. These are already approved, however if someone sees one they don't think fits, please feel free to let me know!!! This pass is going out to Mike (gunpowder) in the AM!

(T) #4 San Cristobal Guajiro ----------------------------------------------(P) #63 Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia
(T) #28 Ashton ESG churchill est. -------------------------------------------(P) #64CAO Sopranos edition Tony Soprano limited edition
(T) #54 Padron 26 #35 --------------------------------------------------(P) #65 Camacho Triple Maduro Torpedo
(T) #55 Tatuaje Unicos ----------------------------------------------------(P) #66 Oliva Master Blends III Torpedo

Thanks for having me Jake. Is a great pass!

Don

Map updated, list updated, contest #2 guesses are compiled and recorded next to your name (for those that participated) in the first post. Contest will end tonight, and those that did not guess will be reminded in case they overlooked it.

Happy New Year all, smoke a good one and shoot em straight today!

I guess 108...Thanks for the contest!!! Sorry about being late with my guess. I've been pretty busy with work and holiday stuff at home.

Sorry about the tardy guess, but I am going with 105. Happy New Year!!

Jim

Pass is all packaged up and ready to go. Mike, it will be on its way to ya in the AM. Sirius, how did you get 8.25 shipping though? It cost me 11.29 to ship it using click and ship. lol. Ahh well, the cost of business. :) Anyways, thanks for having me Jake! Great times, and hopefully can win a contest or so! hehehe. Happy New Year all!

Don

P.S. Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7496 1302 1512

It cost me 14 and change to ship it from Ga to Pa when i shipped it out from the post office.

Seth

First my guess for final number is 113

As far as the SKS goes, and I REALLY hate to say this, every one I have ever shot that was made in China was a far superior weapon than those made elsewhere. They are a very accurate open sighted weapon out to 200 yards and can be "converted" to accept standard AK magazines by a competent smith. Affordable and fun to shoot. The "AK" round has been around for a long time and continues to put nice size holes in human flesh all around the globe. The problem is finding one that hasn't had the guts shot out of it. They used to be widely available for around $200 but in todays world I would expect to pay at least double that for a good one.

Mark