• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Been doing HungryRoot the last few months. I like it, and ingredients are always super fresh, so if I go two weeks without making the meals, I'm still not throwing things out and wasting them. I did a lot of that with the pre cooked "throw it in the microwave for two minutes" meals. Prep and clean up is minimal.

Chipotle turkey tenderloin. Oven roasted hickory smoked fingerling potatoes, and green beans steamed in bag.

Total prep and cook - 35 minutes. About two minutes to wash up, and I have a plate in the fridge for another night.
IMG_9843.jpeg

So… with the left over red sauce I had. I decided to make tacos al pastor. Difference is, Claudia used a sliced pork shoulder stacked, marinated 24 hours. I used diced pork meat marinated 8 hours, which, after cooking up in small batches to sear well, I dice up smaller, and sear again before plating with pineapple pieces and sliced onion. Topped off with diced fresh cilantro, fresh onions, queso fresco, salsa verde guacamole, and Hatch red taco sauce.
IMG_6787.jpeg

Sausage, peppers, onions, & potatoes in the oven now. Will serve by itself with tomato sauce & Italian bread, or make a hoagie with everything on it adding mozzarella cheese & broil for a minute or so. Won’t forget the wine with the meal.IMG_4827.jpeg

Tried a version of Egg Drop Soup from YouTube's Steak and Butter Gal. As with many of my beginner recipes, I need to learn the whole spices and herbs aspect of cooking. View attachment 77986

You still doing the low-carb diet? If so, how's it been going? So many great low-carb recipes these days..

You still doing the low-carb diet? If so, how's it been going? So many great low-carb recipes these days..
I am still trying to do low carb, but I'm addicted to cheap chocolate. So, I'll do great for several days, weeks, months, but buy a bag of Reese's that turns into a week of Reese's and well, I bet you can guess where that all leads. I follow a lot of the keto/carnivore youtube channels. You are right, there are hundreds of great recipes. I do try to avoid the keto desserts since they just make me want the real thing. Reese's!!

I am still trying to do low carb, but I'm addicted to cheap chocolate. So, I'll do great for several days, weeks, months, but buy a bag of Reese's that turns into a week of Reese's and well, I bet you can guess where that all leads. I follow a lot of the keto/carnivore youtube channels. You are right, there are hundreds of great recipes. I do try to avoid the keto desserts since they just make me want the real thing. Reese's!!
I remember doing Atkins years ago. The hardest thing for me to give up was chocolate as well. I discovered Russell Stover peanut butter cups that were sugar-free and thought I'd hit pay dirt! I polished off the whole bag of about 15 or so miniature sized peanut butter cups in one sitting. All was well until I woke up about 1 AM with massive stomach cramps Didn't read the warning on the bag about how eating too many of them can give you diarrhea. Didn't get much sleep that night! 😂

I remember doing Atkins years ago. The hardest thing for me to give up was chocolate as well. I discovered Russell Stover peanut butter cups that were sugar-free and thought I'd hit pay dirt! I polished off the whole bag of about 15 or so miniature sized peanut butter cups in one sitting. All was well until I woke up about 1 AM with massive stomach cramps Didn't read the warning on the bag about how eating too many of them can give you diarrhea. Didn't get much sleep that night! 😂
I think I've lived that story

I made that mistake once with sugar free Haribo gummy bears.

Pretty sure the Coast Guard had to issue a small craft advisory on my lower intestine for gale force storms. :oops:

~Boar

Oh man.. I did the same thing with a small bag of Jelly Belly SF beans about 15 years ago... ate it in one sitting.. I was in a fetal position on my living room floor certain I was going to explode! 😢💥💨💨💨

They all have bigger warnings now. They were fuckin good though.. thought I hit the jackpot! Uff da...