• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past weekend smoked an Opus X petite lancero (6 months old)...this one was not that good...sick period maybe???

The day before yesterday was a Tatuaje Cojonu '03 followed with a Cojonu '06...just to see the differences.

Yesterday had my first Cabaiguan, the robusto extra...wow!

-Fetter

Nice smokes Fetter, was sorry to hear about the petite lancero. Haven't had the pleasure yet, but have heard good things. Not sure about the sick period. Hopefully you have another to let rest a while and give it another go.

Pirate's Gold by Rolando Reyes this morning
I enjoy the maduro once in a while. Good yard 'gar.

Smoking one of my favorite value 'gars now - ERDM Robusto Larga with an extra couple years on it. Age mellows these and brings out the more subtle flavors. For $3 a stick it's a great value! :thumbs:​

Had a Don Carlos God of Fire robusto last night to celebrate officially completing and submitting my master's thesis. It was pretty damn good too

the best Fuente I've had in 3 years, a Montesino Robusto Natural ... took the cello off for 3 weeks prior to smoking, maybe that did it.

Had a Camacho Corojo Cedros today, the first of my new box from Famous.

Started off with a nice heavy spice, with a little bit of cedar. About a quarter of the way down it mellowed out and kept a steady meaty and earthy flavor too it, still with the hints of cedar. Nice even burn, and a nice tight ash that held on for a good couple inches. Not too complex, but a good smoke all in all. :thumbs:

Had a Don Carlos God of Fire robusto last night to celebrate officially completing and submitting my master's thesis. It was pretty damn good too

Congrats!

I had a Opus xXx with about 8 months of rest. I think the thing actually got stronger!

for lunch I ate a wendy's triple classic without cheese and had a large dunkin donuts coffee followed by a CI Legends Blue Label. Didn't really enjoy the blue label all that much, lacking in flavor, or maybe the burger flavor overpowered the cigar, it does contain a hell of a lot of salt. I'll try another one later.

DCM #4 on the deck for the last time I'm guessing.

Started off with a nice heavy spice, with a little bit of cedar. About a quarter of the way down it mellowed out and kept a steady meaty and earthy flavor too it, still with the hints of cedar. Nice even burn, and a nice tight ash that held on for a good couple inches. Not too complex, but a good smoke all in all. :thumbs:

I just finished a Camacho Negro, and it was the same way. It was super spicy at first, then really mellowed after about the first 1". That was my second out of a box I got about 2 months ago. They're coming along nicely! :thumbs:

Had a perdomo fresh rolled cuban wheel torpedo with about 2 months on it last night. Looked great, smoked great, spicy but still a slight bit harsh. Seems like these are a decent bundled cigar, they just need some rest. :thumbs:

Yesterday: Gurkha Regent Toro
Today: something called an EGO - which I got from Swifty. It was a bit spicy - I should have let it sit longer

But I came back with something else I got from Swifty - Hemingway Signature Maduro. Probably one of the best sticks I've had. It's just awesome. I wasn't smiling when I lit it up but I am all smiles now :D
That cigar promptly ended any unrelated bitterness I was having. So much more relaxed and happy.

Since I try to smoke a lot of different cigars to try to find out what I like, I find a lot of them to be good. Nothing spectacular but enjoyable. But when I find a great one - something I'll eventually purchase for myself - now that makes me happy. I feel like I've accomplished something. But I also enjoy everything that goes with tasting and exhaling that cigar. I do have one more of these in my humi thanks to duglynukem. I just need to be patient and let it sit for 1 - 2 weeks before I smoke that!

Yesterday I took a sunny drive to look at a bunch of old covered bridges with a Padron 26 #6 Natural.

Tatuaje Reserva J21 and a Oliva Master Blends 2.

My first Tatuaje and I am not sure what took me so long to try these. They are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.