• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

I saw this a bit ago when it was released. It's not reinventing the wheel, but it is well in line with Duff's solo stuff. I do hope his second album is a little better than his first one, as I wanted to love it... but just didn't.

Jerry Cantrell can do no wrong, though, so of course this is a cool song.

It's no "I'm The Man" but it is a solid tune.

For whatever reason this was my bowling song, I'd sing it to myself every time I walked up to the line. ....Which could explain why my average only got to the 180's.

Of coursr Rod Argent was the Keyboard player for the Zombies too.

In what seems like another lifetime, my wife and I were at a bike rally in Iowa. We strolled up the the concert stage early, because we were bored, so we were standing right up against the stage. Neither of us had even heard of Jackyl before. When they launched into this song, I was blown away. We were close enough that I could have reached out and grabbed his leg, but, well, he had a chainsaw!

In what seems like another lifetime, my wife and I were at a bike rally in Iowa. We strolled up the the concert stage early, because we were bored, so we were standing right up against the stage. Neither of us had even heard of Jackyl before. When they launched into this song, I was blown away. We were close enough that I could have reached out and grabbed his leg, but, well, he had a chainsaw!

This is the real Lumberjack song.

Chainsaw on stage? Here is the Plasmatics from 1981.
I got to see Wendy twice, Once at the height of the Plasmatic popularity and once at the end of her career, The 2nd show was in Wilkes Barre, PA in the late 80's. It was winter and like many smaller cities they prided themselves on having an "International" airport. Meaning you could fly to someplace else that flew overseas. Like all town it had a hotel near the airport and a bar/club near that. I was visiting relatives when I saw the ad in the paper for the 10 pm show. However it was supposed to snow 6-10 inches that night so I wasn't looking forward to driving the 25 miles back to my Aunt's after having more than a few and in the snow so I decided to get a room at the hotel 200 yards away and get there for an early dinner. Sure enough it starts snowing just as I was leaving and was coming down pretty good by the time I got to the hotel. I don't know when Wendy's plane landed but it had to be before they closed the airport. So after dinner I trudge through the snow to the club to have a few and see what the place looks like since I'd never been there before, The stage was probably 10x15 with a dance floor of about the same size. Maybe 200 seats. Some guys were already setting up speaker and such so I figured that the show would go on. The manager confirmed this saying that they were supposed to fly out tomorrow for the next show and If they didn't play there was no reschedule. Time went by and a few people trickled in and out but never got to be more than a dozen by 9PM. By this time it was really snowing hard. About 9:30 a woman dressed in sweats sat down at the bar a few seats down from me. It took a few minutes until I realized it was Wendy. I did the normal fan-boy thing of how much I liked her music, that I was sorry there weren't more people and the weather was bad. She pretty much shook it off with "I've played worse" and left. Sure enough the show started at 10, She did a full 90 minute set for 20 people including the bartender and 2 waitresses. I was so close I could have touched one of the two greatest back tattoos in rock.
Wendy O Williams.jpg

Last edited:
I got to see Wendy twice, Once at the height of the Plasmatic popularity and once at the end of her career, The 2nd show was in Wilkes Barre, PA im the late 80's. It was winter and like mamy smaller cities they prided themselves on havib an "International" airport. Meaning you could fly to someplace else that flew overseas. Like all town it had a hotel near the airport and a bar/club near that. I was visiting relatives when I saw the ad in the paper for the 10 pm show. However it was supposed to snow 6-10 inches that night so I wasn't looking forward to driving the 25 miles back to my Aunt's after having more than a few and in the snow so I decided to get a room at the hotel 200 yards away and get there for an early dinner. Sure enough it starts snowing just as I was leaving and we coming down pretty good by the time I got to the hotel. I don't know when Wendy's plane landed but it had to be before thay closed the airport. So after dinner I trudge through the snow to the club to have a few and see what the place looks like since I'd never been there before, The stage was probably 10x15 with a dance floor of about the same size. Maybe 200 seats. Some guys were already setting up speaker and such so I figured that the show would go on. The manager confirmed this saying that they were supposed to fly out tomorrow for the next show and If they didn't play there was no reschedule. Time went by and a few people trickled in and out but never got to be more than a dozen by 9PM. By this time it was really snowing hard. About 9:30 a woman dressed in sweats sat down at the bar a few seats down from me. It took a few minutes until I realized it was Wendy. I did the normal fan-boy thing of how much I liked her music, that I was sorry there weren't more people and the weather was bad. She pretty much shook it off with "I've played worse" and left. Sure enough the show started at 10, She did a full 90 minute set for 20 people including the bartender and 2 waitresses. I was so close I could have touched one of the two greatest back tattoos in rock.
View attachment 75173
Avoca was my "home airport" growing up. My very first time on an airplane was to Florida out of there. Do you remember the name of the club that was at? Probably before my years, but your stories always bring back memories -- some good, some bad -- of the 'ol home town.

Reactions: AVB