• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

See, and raise.

I saw Hendrix at the Original Electric Factory and he played VooDoo Child and I saw Stevie play it in Seattle 16 years later. I was too young to realize exactly what I and my friend Jerry saw in 1968 but it gave me a feeling like few concerts ever have. Stevie almost got the but the sound was so bad that it was too much to overcome.

The how for the above: Jerry's oldest brother worked at the Electric Factory and even though Philly had a midnight curfew for those under 16, Dal IJerry's brother) at 18 was considered a responsible adult. The Factory had an age limit too but since we were with an employee they let it slide.

For Stevie, that part of the tour was and is considered the 2nd worst pairing in rock only behind Jimi opening for the Monkees. Stevie opened for Men at Work.

I saw Hendrix at the Original Electric Factory and he played VooDoo Child and I saw Stevie play it in Seattle 16 years later. I was too young to realize exactly what I and my friend Jerry saw in 1968 but it gave me a feeling like few concerts ever have. Stevie almost got the but the sound was so bad that it was too much to overcome.

The how for the above: Jerry's oldest brother worked at the Electric Factory and even though Philly had a midnight curfew for those under 16, Dal IJerry's brother) at 18 was considered a responsible adult. The Factory had an age limit too but since we were with an employee they let it slide.

For Stevie, that part of the tour was and is considered the 2nd worst pairing in rock only behind Jimi opening for the Monkees. Stevie opened for Men at Work.
Wow, that is incredible. I missed out on both Jimi and Stevie, unfortunately, which is what makes me extra upset that I didn't see some of the musicians who have passed in recent years when I had the chance who I would have loved to experience live.

Where/what was the Original E Factory? I've seen many a show at the (current?) Electric Factory in Philly back in the late 90s.

Wow, that is incredible. I missed out on both Jimi and Stevie, unfortunately, which is what makes me extra upset that I didn't see some of the musicians who have passed in recent years when I had the chance who I would have loved to experience live.

Where/what was the Original E Factory? I've seen many a show at the (current?) Electric Factory in Philly back in the late 90s.
The original Electric Factory had only been open for 3 weeks when Jimi played there. It was at 32 or 33rd and Arch

So, there's the widely-known story that Susanna Hoffs recorded this (and most of that album) naked in the booth. There's also a Dutch music journalist who says he made up the story and Hoffs just ran with it. Until Susanna further confirms or denies, I'm just going to go ahead and imagine it's true.

I'm going to imagine it, a lot...

So, there's the widely-known story that Susanna Hoffs recorded this (and most of that album) naked in the booth. There's also a Dutch music journalist who says he made up the story and Hoffs just ran with it. Until Susanna further confirms or denies, I'm just going to go ahead and imagine it's true.

I'm going to imagine it, a lot...

She did and I will die on that hill.

I said 32nd and Arch but it is 22nd and Arch.....it was 55 years ago. I'm slipping.