• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

Oh, dat troompit!

I'm pretty sure this goes back to 2011. I posted about this some years ago about how she changed some lyrics and completely ignored some others but it still is a killer version of CTK.

Most people think of Steve Miller as the Joker or the Gangster of love, Some might even remember him as the Space Cowboy but in reality he was steeped in American music from birth. His father was armature recording engineers, and being a doctor by trade had a semi-pro studio, His Godfather was the one and only Les Paul. At about the age of 10 he started to sit in on some of his father's recording session with the likes of T-bone Burnet and Charles Mingus. The blues was his passion and you can hear that in the early Steve Miller Band album. In 1967 he found another player and vocalist who shared his passion - Boz Scaggs. It was a fairly short relationship and Boz left in early 1969 after 2 albums - Children of the Future and Sailor, because he didn't like the more psychedelic direction the band was headed. He somehow also was able to record his first solo album - Boz in 1968. It didn't chart.

So Boz heads down to Muscle Shoal on the advice of Jerry Wexler. Now as Skynyrd said, " Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers" who happen to be one of the top 3 rhythm sections in the country and a secret weapon for hire when he was around - Duane Allman. Now Boz had heard the original 1967 release of Somebody Loan Me a Dime and wanted to do a cover for his record. This turned into an almost 12 minute tour de force when you take one of the best rhythm section in the country with arguably the best rock/slide guitarist sung by the perfect person at that time you get a cover that transcends the original. One of the rarest events in Music.

The album Boz Scaggs did better than his first record but not by a lot but Loan Me A Dime had a cult status for years before Boz hit it big in 1976

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this goes back to 2011. I posted about this some years ago about how she changed some lyrics and completely ignored some others but it still is a killer version of CTK.
I think she left out two full verses, if I'm recalling Mr. Young correctly in my noggin. But, whatev... a southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

I think she left out two full verses, if I'm recalling Mr. Young correctly in my noggin. But, whatev... a southern man don't need him around, anyhow.
I hadn't seen that level of horn-guitar interplay since early Chicago with Terry Kath

I hadn't seen that level of horn-guitar interplay since early Chicago with Terry Kath
The trumpet definitely moved me, but I was incredibly impressed by Joe Satriani who is not necessarily known for being that reserved in an ensemble. His guitar tone worked really well, he didn't overplay is parts, and I didn't even realize it was he who was pulling off the amplifier feedback that is so tastefully prevalent in the NY original; I thought originally that it was Grace Potter doing a swell on her keys.

All the years I've been listening and singing along to this song (ah, the olden days of illegal downloads and hard drive AIDS...), I never knew until maybe a year or two ago that KWS was not the vocalist on this! It wasn't until I watched a live performance that I saw it. Then I had to go back and watch even more, and it was like everything I thought I knew was a lie.

If this had been released by Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Traffic or any major white band back in 1971 it would be well know by most of you as the best rock guitar solo of that year or even the decade. As it was released by George Clinton's Parliament/Funkadelic on a record called Maggot Brain the vast majority of white audiences didn't have a clue of it's existence.

So ladies and gentlemen of Cigar Pass listen with an open mind and let Maggot Brain clean out the space between your ears,

All the years I've been listening and singing along to this song (ah, the olden days of illegal downloads and hard drive AIDS...), I never knew until maybe a year or two ago that KWS was not the vocalist on this! It wasn't until I watched a live performance that I saw it. Then I had to go back and watch even more, and it was like everything I thought I knew was a lie.

LimeWire

If this had been released by Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Traffic or any major white band back in 1971 it would be well know by most of you as the best rock guitar solo of that year or even the decade. As it was released by George Clinton's Parliament/Funkadelic on a record called Maggot Brain the vast majority of white audiences didn't have a clue of it's existence.

So ladies and gentlemen of Cigar Pass listen with an open mind and let Maggot Brain clean out the space between your ears,

FUCKIN FENOMENAL