• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dailey Jam Session 2023 (Post the sound vibrations that pair with your smoking pleasure)

First, Leo is a douche. I've seen other videos, and I just can't get behind his stuff. Also, I despise people who wear those contacts in daily situations thinking it makes them seem scary and edgy. No, you are just a douche. I am acquaintances with a guy who wore those to a funeral for a mutual friend of ours (Mike Kutish at Krow's funeral, @PaulTra), and I just wanted to slap him repetitively. There's a time and place (October 31st out trick-or-treating, pretty much), but that wasn't it.

Man, I was just thinking about Krow the other day. Nothing specific just his memory popped in my mind.

Speaking of the old gang.

As a lover of music myself, I will say that you make some interesting points. With that being said, I DO NOT watch music videos. The vast majority are just stupid and have little to do with the song. My only exception is videos that are live performances of the song. On the infrequent occasions that I am listening on YT, I start the song and set down my device. In fact, 90% of my YT usage is just to share songs. It is the easiest, quickest, and most universal platform to share.

So to address your points…

On your first point, I don’t know enough about Leo to have an opinion of him. This is the only song I’ve listened to of his. I 100% agree on the contacts though. They should be reserved for Halloween and maybe as part of a movie character costume.

Second, “the epitome of "anyone can make it on YouTube"“ & “she never would have even made it past the record label screening process” is just indicative of the music industry in general these days. Fans do not have to rely on record executives and shady business practices to be introduced to new musicians anymore. The digital age and unprecedented access to the internet has allowed artists who would otherwise have been relegated to nothing more than garage bands a platform to reach people that would have been previously impossible. To be fair though, of all of the hundreds of thousands of artists that are on YT, how many have actually “made it”? Beiber and Sheeran come to mind, but I’m sure there are some more.

Anyway, concerning this song, I like the mix of metal and soft. For me, it’s just fun to listen to. And I really like covers. To me, they are almost like a tribute to the original. For the most part, you don’t hear anybody covering a shitty song. Of course, there are shitty covers too.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and as I go down the rabbit hole of my music library, you will see more covers posted. I always welcome other folks opinions and discussions, as that is a great way to learn new things.
Music is a lot like cigars: Like what you like and who cares if anyone else does or doesn't... ya know?

As for YouTube, I was a musician in a former life and love watching people play their instruments. I really like watching videos of homemade cover songs. I also really enjoy simply having the music on in the background sometimes, too. The young lady who plays the piano who I post a lot of (Gamazda) is one such example. I listened to Sophie's "Sultans..." cover in the background a bunch right after I posted it, as well. FWIW, I like Mary Spender's covers, though her original music doesn't do much for me. She's a great example of me enjoying watching other people do cover songs, especially when they are novel arrangements. I enjoy all genres of music, and I definitely dig the light/dark dynamics of this "SoS" cover.

I am of two completely different, contradictory, mindsets concerning popularity. I will say that I won't begrudge anyone getting famous for whatever reason. I may not agree with it, I may not endorse it, I may not want there to be any sort of longevity to said popularity -- but I am smart enough to understand that media is delivered and consumed in ever-expanding ways, and in ever-accessible ways, compared to even 10-15 years ago. If someone hits it big virally via social media, more power to them. I also understand that YouTube has become a business enterprise for creators, now, and it is not as "homemade" as it was in the early days of YT where those being discovered, as it were, were just posting shitty camborder/phone videos. Anyone with even the most basic of recording capability could (and did) post utter tripe on YouTube and expect to be adored. I will say that for as bad and corrupt as the music business is/was, the scouts and the labels did a good job of separating the wheat from the chaff. Sure, they signed artists because it was felt the artist could make the labels money, but they also weeded out the bands and singers and others who just weren't there yet or simply didn't have what it takes. On one hand, the possibilities are virtually endless now for anyone with ProTools. On the other hand, every single one of us has at one point talked about the halcyon days of records and radio -- we have the labels to thank for that.