• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPass Blues Pass

"Life By The Drop" is one of my favorite SRV songs.

Hey Swifty, if you like SRV have you heard any Johnny Winter?

Eshaw99 and Kayakinboy, thanks for playing guys :thumbs:

Cletus, here it comes!

:cool:

cletus said:
It made it. I'm going look it over.
[snapback]295598[/snapback]​

WOOHOO!! Can you please do an inventory and check that the numbering still matches the first post of this thread.

Now, let's see those P&T's :thumbs:

There seems to be a bit of a problem with two cigars, the Padron 40th and the H.Upmann, both have been described as being "damaged". Apparently one is split and I'm not sure of the damage to the other. I've asked Cletus to identify the numbers but according to the master list they were put in play by the same person, KayakinBoy. If these two cigars were put into the pass in this condition, this is not acceptable!

K-boy, I have been very disappointed in your behavior as a participant in this pass. I know you've had problems on this board in the past but I thought I would include you in my pass as a good faith gesture. If these sticks are badly damaged I am holding you personally responsible to make things right. You have been an active participant in making others on this board own up to their responsibilities so I would expect the same of you. Make it right John.

David

Ok, I am in the process of checking all the sticks and making sure they match up with the numbers. I will either post pics of the damage or send the Pm to the host.

NorCalCigarLover said:
There seems to be a bit of a problem with two cigars, the Padron 40th and the H.Upmann, both have been described as being "damaged". Apparently one is split and I'm not sure of the damage to the other. I've asked Cletus to identify the numbers but according to the master list they were put in play by the same person, KayakinBoy. If these two cigars were put into the pass in this condition, this is not acceptable!

K-boy, I have been very disappointed in your behavior as a participant in this pass. I know you've had problems on this board in the past but I thought I would include you in my pass as a good faith gesture. If these sticks are badly damaged I am holding you personally responsible to make things right. You have been an active participant in making others on this board own up to their responsibilities so I would expect the same of you. Make it right John.

David
[snapback]296291[/snapback]​

Sorry about that. I would hope no one would do that intentionally.

Thanks again for hosting, I hope the problems can be worked out and this pass can continue with the pony express spirit it began with.

---
bmickey9

NorCalCigarLover said:

[snapback]294784[/snapback]​

No I haven't, but I will. Thanks.

Swifty said:
NorCalCigarLover said:

[snapback]294784[/snapback]​

No I haven't, but I will. Thanks.
[snapback]296689[/snapback]​

No Johnny Winter?! Let's get "with it" Swifty.

Didn't Tommy Shannon (SRV bassist) used to play with JW?

Guys, let's try and keep P&T's here in the pass thread so others can see and learn from this process.

Here is what Cletus has offered up so far ....

T: 34.Bolivar Belicoso Finos (04) ISOM
P: Montecristo Petite tubos (04)

T: 31.Arturo Fuente Anejo, #55
P: For Opus X no.4

I've suggested that he try some other trade for that Anejo, more of a rare for rare. What do you guys think? He's also trying to find something for the BTL :)

Cletus has done a complete inventory and is currently taking readings and recharging the humidor, I told him to hold it for the weekend and ship it out on Monday. He has also sent me pictures of the damaged cigars and has offered to replace the 40th until K-Boy makes good on those damaged sticks. No need Amigo but thank you for the offer :thumbs:

NorCalCigarLover said:

David

Well, I was going to PM you this back but I'll keep it public. There was no problem with either cigars when I put them in the pass. I don't have another H. Upmann so if it's ok, I'll replace it with a Cohiba Sublime. Also I'm asking if the person who has/will get the pass, next in line, can either take pics of the pass and PM me, I'd like to see the damaged sticks. I made mistakes in the past and owned up and fixed them, but they must have just gotten danged up in shipping.

Like I said I don't mind replacing them with another 40th and a Cohiba Sublime, just let me know where to mail them.

Captain Leafheart said:
No Johnny Winter?! Let's get "with it" Swifty.

Didn't Tommy Shannon (SRV bassist) used to play with JW?
[snapback]296708[/snapback]​

According to Wikipedia, Tommy Shannon played bass in Johnny Winter's band from 1968 until early 1970. After leaving Johnny Winter's band he played with Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Before my mp3's, I used to play my Johnny Winters "3rd Degree" CD all of the time, as well as his "Hey, Where's Your Brother" CD. I saw him in concert back in 1997 at the Fillmore in San Francisco but he was just a shell of the greatness that he once was :(

KayakinBoy said:
NorCalCigarLover said:

David

Well, I was going to PM you this back but I'll keep it public. There was no problem with either cigars when I put them in the pass. I don't have another H. Upmann so if it's ok, I'll replace it with a Cohiba Sublime. Also I'm asking if the person who has/will get the pass, next in line, can either take pics of the pass and PM me, I'd like to see the damaged sticks. I made mistakes in the past and owned up and fixed them, but they must have just gotten danged up in shipping.

Like I said I don't mind replacing them with another 40th and a Cohiba Sublime, just let me know where to mail them.
[snapback]296828[/snapback]​

I don't know when the damage occured but if those cigars were that fragile they should not have been put in the pass. A complete inventory was done and no other sticks were damaged except those two. If Shiba is okay with it you can send the sticks to him, he can put them into play and send the damaged ones back to you.

DO NOT send them to Shiba until he posts that this is okay with him.

Here is the image I received of those sticks. I do not want to get into a discussion about what is or isn't damaged or what somebody else "thinks" is damaged. As far as I am concerned, the sticks that were pulled were in perfect condition and I would expect nothing but the same to be put back in play.

cigar.jpg

Thank you for owning up to this John, I appreciate it.

David

Works for me... Send them to me and I will send the damaged ones back. :)

Ok,

Pass will go out first thing in morning, I will then edit this post for the DC #

Takes:34. Bolivar Belicoso Finos (04) ISOM

Puts: 47. Montecristo Petite tubos (04)Isom
48. Padron 2000 (not sure the size)
49. Romeo y Julieta, Romeo No. 3 (04) Isom
50. Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series Wht label

Songs:

BB king & John Lee Hooker- One Bourbon, One scotch, One Beer
Buddy Guy- Damn right, I've got the blues

Also placed the two 128mb usb drives that Blue Dragon sent.

Thxs for letting me play.

cletus said:
Takes:34. Bolivar Belicoso Finos (04) ISOM

Puts: 47. Montecristo Petite tubos (04)Isom
48. Padron 2000 (not sure the size)
49. Romeo y Julieta, Romeo No. 3 (04) Isom
50. Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series Wht label

Dude, your a little lopsided there! LOL!

Well I kinda thought about it, Why should I take all the Really good stuff.

Like the anejo for example, I have plenty, why stock pile, when there might be a newer guy who has never had one.

But the pass can't hold many more lopsided P/T's she's about to over flow.

thxs again.

cletus said:
Songs:

BB king & John Lee Hooker- One Bourbon, One scotch, One Beer
Buddy Guy- Damn right, I've got the blues
[snapback]297288[/snapback]​
Nicely done buddy! Looks like they raise 'em right in Cletus Country. :thumbs:

I have that song by John Lee Hooker, but not the version w/ BB King. That one crossed my mind too, so very nice. I still haven't figured how I'm going to pair 7 down to 2 or 3.... it doesn't help I keep finding some good ones. :whistling:

cletus said:
Well I kinda thought about it, Why should I take all the Really good stuff.

Like the anejo for example, I have plenty, why stock pile, when there might be a newer guy who has never had one.

But the pass can't hold many more lopsided P/T's she's about to over flow.

thxs again.
[snapback]297296[/snapback]​

Well thank you for your generosity Cletus :thumbs: , and thank you for being in this pass and keeping an eye on things. I really do appreciate it.

Oh, and those are some killer tunes! I don't think I've ever heard the BB King version either.

Blue Dragon, very cool and what a great way to start the morning :thumbs:

Shiba, get ready ... you should be on the lookout for two packages, one from Cletus and one from KBoy. KBoy was not able to replace the Padron 40th with anything from his stash so he is sending a Cohiba Sublime and sending back numbers 2 and 4 to put back into play.