• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPass Blues Pass

Blue Dragon said:
I've got it paired down to 7 songs so far. :0 :laugh: :laugh:

[snapback]290529[/snapback]​
Dang! I'm up to 30 tunes here. What do you guys think? Too much, or can it be done?

Captain Leafheart said:
Blue Dragon said:
I've got it paired down to 7 songs so far.  :0  :laugh:  :laugh:

Dang! I'm up to 30 tunes here. What do you guys think? Too much, or can it be done?
[snapback]290846[/snapback]​

I guess it is up to our host. :whistling:

Seems like a lot of CD's to me to ship out though.

---
bmickey9

Just for everyboby's (and our host's) information...
this can approached as a"vine", where one set of discs goes out to the participants (can be same order as the pass itself) and the recipient burns their own copies (if able) and sends the original discs off to the next participant on the list.
Just an idea.

Captain Leafheart said:
Blue Dragon said:
I've got it paired down to 7 songs so far.  :0  :laugh:  :laugh:

[snapback]290846[/snapback]​

Sounds like a late night infomercial in the making .... "For the amazingly low price of $2,999.00, you too can get Cigar Pass' 200 cd collection of the Blues!! For only 100 payments of $35.00 .... " :rolleyes:

Seriously, I thought the idea behind this great pass idea was to include one or two songs that we thought the rest of the group might enjoy, not to send a library of music.

In addition the cost of burning and distributing a huge amount of cd's could become a bit cumbersome on our generous host.

Having been involved with trading "trees/vines" for a number of years, I can only say my experience has been every "tree" sprouts a few "branches", and every "branch" soon developes some "leaves", and so forth.

One approach that I've found helpful is to imagine you can only take one album with you while:
1. on a trip
2. stranded on a desert island
3. spending a month at your in-laws
and after arriving it gets mutilated so that only 1 or 2 songs play, there you go, that's what to include.

Of course it's NCCL's call .. just my 2 cents! :)

bmickey9 said:
I guess it is up to our host. :whistling:

Seems like a lot of CD's to me to ship out though.

---
bmickey9
[snapback]290902[/snapback]​
But that all depends on the format the CD gets burned in. If it is a CD full of Mp3s, then they will all probably fit onto a single CD. But if you burn it into CDA format, that most stereo's recognize, then you can figure 15-20 songs / CD. My thought would be that the CD would be in Mp3 format by default, then ppl can turn it into a regular CD if they want (or request assistance from a BOTL). My car stereo will play either Mp3s or regular CDs; so I usually put in Mp3 CDs .... but it is up to NorCal.

I am trying to find songs I really like. I'm looking for songs that are a little more obscure, or that people may not have heard. For example, one is from a bootlegged live recording of Govt. Mule with some guests. And I have 8 versions of "Come on in my Kitchen" right now, but have settled on Delaney & Bonnie's version w/ Duane Allman as one of the one's I plan to throw on there. :cool:

Just my $.02.
- C

I downloaded some songs last night and I am ready :)

As far as format goes I am fine with just an MP3 format CD as my car has cassette deck :)

I play most my music from my PC anyways,

-Brad

Jack Straw said:
One approach that I've found helpful is to imagine you can only take one album with you while:
1. on a trip
2. stranded on a desert island
3. spending a month at your in-laws
and after arriving it gets mutilated so that only 1 or 2 songs play, there you go, that's what to include.

Of course it's NCCL's call .. just my 2 cents! :)

As much as I love this "vine" idea and as much as I love Blues music we do need to, for the purpose of this pass, keep it at 2-3 songs. I knew this would be dificult for us to do but I also wanted to get you guys to pull those songs which either have the most meaning to you personally or are songs that you really want to share.

Now, if you want to send me a few CD's of MP3's I have no problem with that :whistling: :laugh:

:cool:

Well, what are the groups thoughts?

Takes:
2. Arturo Fuente Opus X, xXx
4. Arturo Fuente Hemingway, Work Of Art Maduro
7. La Aurora Preferido Gold tube

Puts:
40. Padron 1926 40th Maduro
41. OR Diamond Crown Maximus (from 2003) #4
42. Cuesta Ray Standford Cameroon
43. H. Upmann Monarch Tubos 2001
44. Hoyo De Monterray Palmas Extra SCE Nov 04

I'm confused, Why is everyones puts more than takes. Is there 2 for one?

if ya wanna be technical, that la aurora burned down yesterday :D

It was pretty tasty! :thumbs:

And as for the music I'm still pondering, but I've called Eric and to "hand off" the pass to him, and he'll mail it off to cletus, we are pretty close, is this ok?

cletus said:
I'm confused, Why is everyones puts more than takes. Is there 2 for one?
[snapback]291935[/snapback]​

updated my p/t's... is that better? :sign: :laugh:

KayakinBoy said:
And as for the music I'm still pondering, but I've called Eric and to "hand off" the pass to him, and he'll mail it off to cletus, we are pretty close, is this ok?

No problem John, I'll update the participant order to reflect this update.

KayakinBoy said:
It was pretty tasty! :thumbs:

[snapback]292298[/snapback]​

Ohhhhhhh John ...... wake up son! when are you handing this pass off? we need to get this pass rolling again.

This weekend... :D No worries, it's sitting safe in the cooler.