• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

The Biggest Daddy Of Them All

The Midmer-Losh Organ (<link) in Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City. The largest and loudest musical instrument ever built by man How big is it? Over 33,000 pipes big. So big they really won;t know the exact size for at least another decade or more. Officially 33.112 pipes but the latest count is 4 above that. Some pipes were pulled out for repair and never replace and a few were discovered in the choral banks. Records were lost as the hall and the organ fell into disrepair. Restoration began in 1998 but took a major step backwards when workmen restoring the building damaged many of the pipes. As of the beginning of the year it is estimated to be about 60% restored. The organ has not been fully functional sine the hurricane of 1944 damaged it, One of only 2 organs in the world with 64' pipes capable of producing a 16hz note it takes 600HP of electric motors to produce enough air pressure to make it all work.

If you want to donate, you can do that here. I have for about 10 years now.

Prog Friday

Porcupine Tree has been called "The best band you never heard of" by more than one publication. Originally started as a solo project by Steve Wilson who played all the instruments. in 1987 it eventually morphed into a real band by 1993. Pre 2002 the style varied from psychedelic rock, space rock and experimental rock, later moving towards a more progressive/space rock direction according to Wiki. I disagree that there was a definitive time because even today you can hear images of 25 years ago IMO. Influential well beyond their mainstream popularity the band continues to explore and push the boundaries of progressive music.

Here is somebody's idea of their best

Prog Friday

Porcupine Tree has been called "The best band you never heard of" by more than one publication. Originally started as a solo project by Steve Wilson who played all the instruments. in 1987 it eventually morphed into a real band by 1993. Pre 2002 the style varied from psychedelic rock, space rock and experimental rock, later moving towards a more progressive/space rock direction according to Wiki. I disagree that there was a definitive time because even today you can hear images of 25 years ago IMO. Influential well beyond their mainstream popularity the band continues to explore and push the boundaries of progressive music.

I can't help but think of Radiohead, in some parts...

Prog Friday

Steven Wilson was born in the wrong century.