• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

I forgot how much I loved this song in the 90s until it popped up on some Apple '90s mix a few months ago.

Fun fact: My sister's last name through marriage is now Dombroski -- Vinnie Dombroski (unrelated) is the singer of Sponge.

I haven't listen to Sponge in ages. It's still weird to me that Vinnie and David Ellefson have (had?) a band together.

TFT 90'S OHW

The Proclaimers are only OHW in 'Merika. They are a national freakin' treasure in the UK, and still pretty popular throughout Europe, as a whole. That said, I believe The Proclaimers have three or four good hits in the New World -- mostly all used on movie soundtracks, IIRC.

I forgot about LEN. Probably rightly so...

The Proclaimers are only OHW in 'Merika. They are a national freakin' treasure in the UK, and still pretty popular throughout Europe, as a whole. That said, I believe The Proclaimers have three or four good hits in the New World -- mostly all used on movie soundtracks, IIRC.

I forgot about LEN. Probably rightly so...
National top 40 across multiple charts is what I try to go by.

I don't want to like this, but it's fantastic. Nothing will touch Dolores and The Cranberries, obviously, but this conveys the emotion it should. The solo is just enough and the tone is perfect. To know that Dolores O'Riordan was supposed to record on this track the day she took her life is heartbreaking.

All you've proven is you know not what you speak. If this is the best you can do after 4 days I'd give up your dream of making the debate team.
"Words have consequences." is a children's idiom, which cannot even withstand the logic of the much older and demonstrably true
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

Reality is the true state of existence, rather than someone's feelings.

"Words have consequences." is a children's idiom, which cannot even withstand the logic of the much older and demonstrably true
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

Reality is the true state of existence, rather than someone's feelings.
As I said, you'll never nake the debate team. First you use a fairy tale as justification then you you talk about reality and now you use a nursery rhyme to try and juxtapose hurt with consequences.. Incongruity does not a strong argument make, Take another four days and see if you can do better or the more logical thing - realize you won't win this..

I don't want to like this, but it's fantastic. Nothing will touch Dolores and The Cranberries, obviously, but this conveys the emotion it should. The solo is just enough and the tone is perfect. To know that Dolores O'Riordan was supposed to record on this track the day she took her life is heartbreaking.

I love this version, I know exactly what song it is within the first 10 seconds and the emotion is there for sure. I liked this comment on Youtube:

"Is not only a cover, is a tribute."