• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Alright fuck it… Here is a project I have been working on for almost a year now… But first, I have to give a huge shoutout to @AVB for his assistance as my online sound/mixing engineer 😉. His overall knowledge in music and his superb ear for details was a huge help and gave me critiques that were invaluable… Here is a link to the tracks, if you hit play all, it should play in order like an album. Let me know what you think. What track(s) you enjoy most or track(s) you don’t.

Disclosure: I am not a professional singer by any means, so I used a lot of reverb, autotune and some cloning to get the desired effects, but the songs are 100% original and mine… I hope you enjoy some or maybe even all of them…
Thank you for the kind words. It is easy to critique, it is hard to be the one making music,

Alanis Morissette doesn't know anything about Irony. This song is ironic - tell me why.

Alanis Morissette doesn't know anything about Irony. This song is ironic - tell me why.

disclaimer: I am not smart enough to know the answer, so I checked my google-machine. If someone knows the answer without “cheating” like I did, please take your well deserved credit!

Spoiler Alert (if Google is correct)
👇👇👇👇👇👇

Ironically, Kim Wilde is British; doubly ironic, this song was a much bigger hit in Britain, hitting #2 on the charts 35 years ago (vs only reaching 25 in US). So, a non-American wrote a song about America that was more popular outside of America than in America.

disclaimer: I am not smart enough to know the answer, so I checked my google-machine. If someone knows the answer without “cheating” like I did, please take your well deserved credit!

Spoiler Alert (if Google is correct)
👇👇👇👇👇👇

Ironically, Kim Wilde is British; doubly ironic, this song was a much bigger hit in Britain, hitting #2 on the charts 35 years ago (vs only reaching 25 in US). So, a non-American wrote a song about America that was more popular outside of America than in America.
Oddly it was released in the UK in January of '81 but not released here until March '82.

Also a lyrical irony of:
"From New York to East California
There's a new wave coming, I warn ya."

Indicating that new wave would sweep out of the west (LA et al) when NY was already a far more popular market. send out the kids, clothes and culture well before LA did. IMO

The Minutemen. Circle Jerks,Agent Orange - Pasadena Skate Park, Pasadena California
April 1st 1980

The April Fools day show started with the Minutemen dressed as punk doo-woppers complete with the little whistle to make sure everybody was on the same key. They weren't and that lasted about 30 seconds before the tortured sounds of D. Boon ripped through the air. This was supposedly only their 2nd or third paid gig depending who you want to believe. Hard, Brutal and Political - a style they never changed;

The Circle Jerks formed from members of Red Kross and Black Flag had not released their seminal album Group Sex - one of the shortest albums ever at 15:30 total but they already had a punk classic in Live Fast, Die Young. They are still touring if you missed them in the 80's

Agent Orange - the classic surf-punk band before Hardcore took over everything. Bloodstains was their breakout song on KROQ making then really popular in a 100 mile radius of LA. In fact you had to drive by KROQ to get to the skatepark.

Last edited:
The Minutemen. Circle Jerks,Agent Orange - Pasadena Skate Park, Pasadena California
April 1st 1980

The April Fools day show started with the Minutemen dressed as punk doo-woppers complete with the little whistle to make sure everbody was om the same key. They weren't and that lasted about 30 seconds before the tortured sounds of D. Boon ripped through the air. This was supposedly only their 2nd or third paid gig depending who you want to believe. Hard, Brutal and Political - a style they never changed;

The Circle Jerks formed from members of Red Kross and Black Flag had not released their seminal album Group Sex - one of the shortest albums ever at 15:30 total but they already had a punk classic in Live Fast, Die Young. They are still touring if you missed them in the 80's

Agent Orange - the classic surf-punk band before Hardcore took over everything. Bloodstains was their breakout song om KROQ making then really popular in a 100 mile radius of LA. In fact you had to drive by KROQ to get to the skatepark.

Circle Jerks was played at Costa Mesa Skate Park a couple weekends ago, for a skate competition, I recorded a few guys warming up while Suicidal Tendencies was playing...

MMM, so a few years back, we were at a pool party at some long times friends house, along with the usual suspects. We were goofy around on the karaoke machine when heavily under the influence I started rapping, first off I am not know for my rapping skills, 🤣. But, I just started saying shit about everyone at the party and making everyone laugh. Well that lead to everyone asking me to actually try and put together a rap for the friend group and this was pretty much what came out of it... I have reworked it a few times, but this is the latest version... Just call me Kool Moe Double AA :cool:

MMM, so a few years back, we were at a pool party at some long times friends house, along with the usual suspects. We were goofy around on the karaoke machine when heavily under the influence I started rapping, first off I am not know for my rapping skills, 🤣. But, I just started saying shit about everyone at the party and making everyone laugh. Well that lead to everyone asking me to actually try and put together a rap for the friend group and this was pretty much what came out of it... I have reworked it a few times, but this is the latest version... Just call me Kool Moe Double AA :cool:
"Put away your dick..." :O

Alright fuck it… Here is a project I have been working on for almost a year now… But first, I have to give a huge shoutout to @AVB for his assistance as my online sound/mixing engineer 😉. His overall knowledge in music and his superb ear for details was a huge help and gave me critiques that were invaluable… Here is a link to the tracks, if you hit play all, it should play in order like an album. Let me know what you think. What track(s) you enjoy most or track(s) you don’t.

Disclosure: I am not a professional singer by any means, so I used a lot of reverb, autotune and some cloning to get the desired effects, but the songs are 100% original and mine… I hope you enjoy some or maybe even all of them…
"I will wait by the sea" -- I hear this underneath the big reunion/reconciliation/whatev of a romance or romcom. Love it. Only suggestion would be maybe instead of another drop out (the second one), maybe a bass drop into the meat of the song that starts next.

"Cinematic Heart" -- Is it 1983 in here, or is it just me? :p You've sent me this one before, haven't you? It sounds super familiar. Again, love it.

I'll get to the rest, for sure. I want to give them the time they deserve. Only other bit of critique, and it might just be my bad ears or just the headphones, but it seems like the vox are just a bit muddied and the clarity isn't crystal. It's almost like listening to the vocals really loudly through a wall in another room. Again, it could just be my shit hearing (it probably is). More to come!

"I will wait by the sea" -- I hear this underneath the big reunion/reconciliation/whatev of a romance or romcom. Love it. Only suggestion would be maybe instead of another drop out (the second one), maybe a bass drop into the meat of the song that starts next.

"Cinematic Heart" -- Is it 1983 in here, or is it just me? :p You've sent me this one before, haven't you? It sounds super familiar. Again, love it.

I'll get to the rest, for sure. I want to give them the time they deserve. Only other bit of critique, and it might just be my bad ears or just the headphones, but it seems like the vox are just a bit muddied and the clarity isn't crystal. It's almost like listening to the vocals really loudly through a wall in another room. Again, it could just be my shit hearing (it probably is). More to come!
Cinematic Heart is one of the newer songs I have written. I think I did share it with the group, because I remember saying I got some inspiration from the Ripley series. I was playing around with the sound, like most of these songs and I was trying to get somewhat of an older recording sound, something similar to an old mono record. Wouldn’t necessarily work for radio play, but these aren’t getting played on the radio, so why not…. Glad you’re liking them. Did track 1 not play? “What you don’t say, stays with me”