• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

This won’t mean much if you’re not a hockey fan, but longtime ruffian/enforcer George Parros got to make an appearance in the beginning of his favorite bands’ video…

He also graduated from Princeton with a degree in Economics. His plan was to go to Wall Street if he didn’t get drafted. He currently serves as the NHL Senior Vice-President, Director of Player Safety.

One of my siblings had this on a 45 and I listened to it many times.
Status Quo made a career from this song a solid mid-level rock band. Al;ways put on a good show but never quite made it to the next lrvel.

Last edited:
RDGLDGRN
TROMBONE SHORTY
JOAN JETT
GARY CLARK JR.
HEART
LL COOL J
BUDDY GUY
TROUBLE FUNK

ALL OPENING FOR THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FOO FIGHTERS
RFK STADIUM JULY 2015

As most may know Dave is from the DC area and he did an album and series called Sonic Highways. All the artists represented came from the series and his love of local music.

RDGLDGRN (Red Gold Green) is a DC funk/punk band that Dave played drums for when they recorded at his studio. They got some folks moving their feet with some interesting rhythms although funk-rap lyrics were not my favorite.

Trombone Shorty surprised everyone by not only doing a cover of Green Day's Brain Stew but doing it on a trumpet! He put on quite a show with his Trombone too> I swear there were times the slide only had one or two millimeters holding it in.

Joan Jett hit the stage and I did my best to get her attention, She probably told security to keep an eye on me. A set of a quick run through of the hits including The Runaways "Cherry Bomb" may have been cut short by a few minutes because of the storm warnings - hard to say. Anyway the show was delayed for 90 minutes and the storm front knocked down the temp for a while.

Gary Clark Jr. restarted the show with Bright Lights and a tour de force of modern blues guitar. It was enough to get the field almost completely full again

Heart - After 40 years Ann and Nancy Wilson know how to put on a show. Starting with Crazy on You and ending with Barracuda and at least a half dozen hits in the middle they had the audience singing and dancing.

LL Cool J came up next and was to me, surprisingly popular. You could almost hear the steel stand groan from the RFK bounce as thousands of people were jumping to Mama Said Knock You Out which was the only song of his I knew.

Buddy Guy opened his set with “Damn Right I Got The Blues" which included a snippet of Jimi's Purple Haze and then went into Feels like Rain using a drumstick to do his solos on the Guitar. He brought out Quinn the kid he was touring with and did a pretty fierce rendition of Strange Brew. Toss in a couple of Blues standards and it was a pretty good set,

Trouble Funk has been around since about '77 playing a unique to DC style of music called "Go-Go" Extremely popular in the black clubs around DC and Baltimore meant that this transplanted white boy wouldn't know Go-Go if it ran me over. However, there were some in the crowd who did have a clue and they seemed to be having a pretty good time.

The curtain comes down, the video screens turn on showing clip of the opening acts from Sonic Highways' Every time the curtain moves the crowd cheers until the defining scream of Dave Grohl kicks things off. Up go the curtins and out wheels Dave on the Foo Fighters Throne. Not even Dave's broken leg is going to stop this show. the set starts off wuth “Everlong,” “Monkey Wrench,” and, ”The Pretender.” before Dave addresses the crowd showing video of him falling off the stage in Sweden and his hand drawn design of the throne. The music started up again with partial covers of "Under Pressure", "Owner of a Lonely Heart" and "Another One Bites The Dust" leading into "Walk" with Dave making some comments in the middle of the song about learning to walk again. A little acoustic break with "My Hero" and "Times Like These" led into a ferocious rendition of “All My Life,” and “This Is A Call.” finishing the show on "The Best Of You".

Everyone, at some point in their life needs to see a show like this in whatever genre you choose.

Last edited:
Broke out a Diamond Crown Maximus, 3 fingers of ridiculously expensive bourbon that if I hadn't opened it 5 years ago I'd shoot myself for doing it now. Eating 1/4" thick bacon sticks fresh off the smoker while listening to the longest recorded Allman Brothers song the 44 minute version of Mountain Jam (no lyrics, things were different back then). You know what they say.....

Everything goes better with the Allman Brothers!

90s rap this moring, started out with this one from Biggie:

As tall white middle class kid I remember standing outside my building on Washington Square in Greenwich Village watching the Suits fight over cabs so they could earn money to feed their daughters - I can relate it is exactly how things were done then. Jewish kids with braces ran things, they were not to be messed with or their Mothers would hunt you down and hit you with a spoon. You had to be tough to survive that.

Music like this speaks to the sole.......

of my Nike's as I run away.

This was the Father/Daughter dance with my daughter on Saturday night. She reminded me that we used to listen to this song together all the time through shared earbuds when she was littler. The fact that this memory stuck with her all this time and meant so much while it was "just another day" and something I took for granted made me tear up a bit, I am not ashamed to admit. It's funny how even though her memories are from Arkansas almost two decades ago, we both now live in Hawaii (again, but that's neither here nor there), where Jason Mraz is from and filmed the video.