• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What local food would you miss most?

Tony Bones said:
I'd miss The Pacific Northwest's fine beer and seafood

Since moving out here three years ago, I still miss the hell out of Buffallo Wings. "Real" Buffallo wings.
Do ya miss Nick's? :) Garbage Plate baby!!

Ahh.. Nick Tahoes. :love:

Where else can you get a great meal, a prostitute, drugs and illegal firearms all under one roof?

I heard the other day that Rooties in Buffalo closed. IMHO they had the best wings. Way better than Duffs or Anchor Bar.

moki said:
Treamayne said:
Did I mention that when I go back to the US I'll miss....

Good Kimchi
Okinawa Soba (esp Niku-soba Mmmmmm)
Chiken Patay
Thai Salad
and Good Mongolian BBQ
(heard rumors this is getting popular in the US, wonder if it's doen right???)
You can get all of these in most fairly large cities in the US -- we have some great Thai food here in Rochester, and some decent Japanese food.
I've been pretty leery about American Asian food. I've found precious few palatable Asian restaurants in the states. The problem is not the chefs - as any good place will be natives running the restaurant... it's just that the quality of ingrediants is not nearly as good and all too often the real ingrediants can't be procured at all and must be substituted. [1]

But that won't stop me from trying new places after I come home for good. As of right now, I tend to avoid the Asian rest. while I'm home, since I knwo I'll be back in a few days and can get teh real thing back here.

-K-

[1] - I will say that it is often better to get some dishes in America rather than other Asian countries. Japanese Thai and Korean are horrible compared to American Thai and Korean... and nobody can do Japanese food right - except the Japanese......