• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What local food would you miss most?

You see this here boys...
txmesquite.jpg

THAT is a Texas Mesquite Tree. The wood from this tree make the Best Damn BBQ known to man.

And THIS...
nav_14.gif

is where to get the best. They do mail order as well :D so I guess I can get it dang near anywhere :love:

Did I mention that when I go back to the US I'll miss....

Good Kimchi
Okinawa Soba (esp Niku-soba Mmmmmm)
Chiken Patay
Thai Salad
and Good Mongolian BBQ
(heard rumors this is getting popular in the US, wonder if it's doen right???)

In-N-Out Double-Doubles

Sunnymead Burger's Double Cheeseburger w/Pastrami, Fries, Onion Rings, and original Vanilla and Cherry Cokes & cruise night other other Saturday

This little dive bar called Gloria's that has bitchin' happy hour finger food (probably all frozen stuff, but goes well with the dirty mug tap beer)

Paco's Tacos on Sunnymead Blvd in Moreno Valley......Great Carne Asada tacos and fuego salsa

Art's Bar and Grill - The Long Island Ice Teas, the Steak sandwiches, and Taco Tuesday

M. Gipson

Alexandria doesn't really have any foods characteristic of itself. But, what I miss most about living in Alabama is the Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish, mudbugs). A keg of beer and an enormous steaming kettle of crawdaddies was the way to go! :love:

Boiled Crawfish (sucking the heads), Crabs, Shrimp, and all the fixins (mushroom's, corn, little red potatoes, garlic, onions). Boiled in Crab Boil so you sweat while you eat. I would also miss all seasoned food. I can't leave the state without bringing some Tony Chachere's with me. Fried seafood battered with fish fry and not double battered with flour ??? Frog leg's and aligator. OYSTER's on the half shell. jambalaya, gumbo, etouffee.

I wish I had the Lobster supply like some of you guys. I boil them like a huge crawfish in some crab boil and they come out great. (I like them steamed also)

I would also miss the 24 hour liquer supply and the alcohol drive thru's down here in Louisiana.

I have to admit that Texas has some hot food but it's not the same kind of spicy that we have. The gulfcoast of Mississippi has some great seafood that is like ours.

Treamayne said:
and Good Mongolian BBQ
I have no idea if they are doing it right but I sure do like it. They have a few places out here that have the Mongolian Grill and it rocks. :thumbs:

Here in South Florida fresh seafood is readily available and there are a lot of choices for great seafood prepared Cuban, Peruvian, Greek, Chinese, Cajun, Japanese, French, and from the US of A. I love it all.

I have to add that my wife is a truly awesome gourmet cook and she has spoiled me without mercy. Her cooking tops the list.

Peter

Triple_D said:
I can't leave the state without bringing some Tony Chachere's with me.
Holy crap! I thought I was the only one! I just ran out of my Tony's (in my house we call it Tony Cha-Cha's, for some reason ??? ) just about a month ago and I can't seem to find it anywhere around here :angry: .

Maybe some nice person from down south will send me a can :lookup:

Triple_D said:
Boiled Crawfish (sucking the heads),
Summer of '93, I was in Pascagula visiting some family, and my sister brought a bag from 7-11 filled with cajun crawfish. I thought eating those things and "sucking the head" was just disgusting-until I had the first one. I think I ate a bag full of 'em by myself the next day. YUMMY!!!

blair said:
Triple_D said:
Holy crap! I thought I was the only one! I just ran out of my Tony's (in my house we call it Tony Cha-Cha's, for some reason ??? ) just about a month ago and I can't seem to find it anywhere around here :angry: .

Order Tony's stuff online.

AVB said:
blair said:
Triple_D said:

Aha! Thanks :D

sweet cherries,
apples,
the blueberries
some of the local wine

i live in MI if you can't tell

evilphish said:
sweet cherries,
apples,
the blueberries
some of the local wine

i live in MI if you can't tell
Ohhhhh

MI Cherries and trips to the Apple Orchards.

Fresh Apple Cider, hot, with butter fried doughnuts. Been away so long I'd almost forgotten. I haven't been to a Cider Mill since 1995!

AVB said:
blair said:
Triple_D said:

The prices are just as good as you find in the stores. Not to mention they sell gallon's :0 I use this stuff on everything :thumbs:

Triple_D said:
AVB said:
blair said:
Triple_D said:

The prices are just as good as you find in the stores. Not to mention they sell gallon's :0 I use this stuff on everything :thumbs:
Yeah... pizza, nachos, spaghetti, any sandwhich, seafood (great on fish!), chilli, soup, oooh and french fries, eggs, ... the list goes on!

I'd miss The Pacific Northwest's fine beer and seafood

Since moving out here three years ago, I still miss the hell out of Buffallo Wings. "Real" Buffallo wings.

Treamayne said:
Did I mention that when I go back to the US I'll miss....

Good Kimchi
Okinawa Soba (esp Niku-soba Mmmmmm)
Chiken Patay
Thai Salad
and Good Mongolian BBQ
You can get all of these in most fairly large cities in the US -- we have some great Thai food here in Rochester, and some decent Japanese food.