• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was absolutely gorgeoushere in Minneapolis. I started with a CoRo from 04 that was outstanding. This was followed by a CAO Noella that was suprisingly very good even after the CoRo :thumbs:

LFD DL Especiale for breakfast, a Tat Especiale for lunch... so far its been an especiale day.

Had me a Padilla 1932 Lancero today

This had to be one of the most disappointing cigars I've ever had. Everything was wrong about this cigar.

The construction was poor, draw was horrible, burn was jacked up, taste was....well, fine I guess. It was hard to tell as this cigar produced very little smoke.

I was really looking forward to a nice cigar this afternoon to celebrate a beautiful day, but it was not even remotely close to what I expected this cigar to be.

It was stored at 65 and 65 for about 2 months. I have about 5 more of these, but I'm not even excited about them anymore.

Gorgeous day in northern VA. Started the morning with a cup of Kona and a Cabaiguan Corona Extra. Washed the cars and after lunch, a Pepin Serie JJ sublime. Just finished dinner and ligthing up an Opus Super Beli. I love my days off! G1

This had to be one of the most disappointing cigars I've ever had. Everything was wrong about this cigar.

The construction was poor, draw was horrible, burn was jacked up, taste was....well, fine I guess. It was hard to tell as this cigar produced very little smoke.

I was really looking forward to a nice cigar this afternoon to celebrate a beautiful day, but it was not even remotely close to what I expected this cigar to be.

It was stored at 65 and 65 for about 2 months. I have about 5 more of these, but I'm not even excited about them anymore.

That sucks bro. Hopefully you just had a bad stick.

Yesterday I had an '06 PSP2 and a CoRo from '01...they were very, very nice.

Wyatt,
I'm shocked!
Pepin whore you are!
I've had one, straight from the B&M and it was sublime.
Give 'em six months revisit and pray!

I happen to be smoking a 06 SLR A.
A nice smoke!
-Rob

Today I had a H. Upman vintage Camaroon PC, AF Chateau Fuente sungrown, Tat. Angeles and in my hand at this very moment a Tat. J 21.

Doc.

I am kicking back with a good cup of Java and enjoying a RP Cuban Blend. Enjoy the evening gents. :cool:

For my first smoke of the day I am enjoying a cup of java along with a 5 Vegas Gold. :thumbs:

Last night was a CAO Brazillia and then a Hoyo Excalibur. I need to give the Brazillia another try. I the pepper taste I disliked goes away with age it seems.

Very much enjoyed both as I sipped on some Balvenie Doublewood.

Seth

I wanted to try something different so I went to my local B&M and tried Drew's new Chateau Real. The smoke is a clean light smoke with little complexity, good draw, lots of smoke but IMHO not worth the money that is being asked for it. It is a great mild cigar but for the $100+ I could not recommend it for anyone but those who want a mild, very less complex good smoke and are willing to pay premium for it.

Smoked a delicious RASSC while watching the NY Rangers tie the series!
Thanks Brandon!

Now a RyJ Cazadores, woohoo a strong one!
Thanks Nate!

-Rob

Following early morning PT, started the day with a cafe con leche, tostada and a roughly two year old Partagas Presidente. Outstanding start to the day.

Yesterday I had to drive to Nashville and back (round trip: 9 hours) for work, so that left me some time to try some sticks that had been sitting in the humi for quite some time that I haven't tried yet (with the exception of one). First, a CAO Sopranos Associate. Not bad, it reminded me of a cross between the Brazilia and the Italia. Second, I had a CAO Criollo. I really like these, and haven't had a bad one yet. Third, I had a RP Vintage '99 Connecticut. I'm not sure of the name of this particular size, but it was a little perfecto. It was also an awful smoke. Hard draw, bitter, just nothing enjoyable about it.

I just finished a new vitola of a favorite blend - 5 Vegas "A" Apocalypse. I was impressed with the construction and flavor. Although a bigger cigar(6X58), it performed like a champ.

If you like the blend you'll love this cigar! :thumbs:

Steve

Just finished a CAO Black gifted to me by a buddy here in Canada. Mosaic size 6x42, really nice cigar, smooth, tons of smoke and no bad aftertaste. First I've ever had and it was a good experience.

I smoked one of the worst cigars ever yesterday. It was a Padron 1926 # Maddie. I had to snap it in half so I could get a REAL cigar. I can't wait to tell Jorge Padron that in May so he can look at his Quality Control about letting loose some real shit rockets. :( So disappointed in Padron right now. Masquerading as a LFD DL cigars. I mean WTF.

Yesterday on the drive up to Mpls I had a Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale, then once I arrived at the restaurant as an appetizer I had a Siglo II, then after dinner (a fantastic Filet) a BBF from early '05, then on the drive home (except while chatting with the State Trooper about my velocity) I enjoyed a Tatuaje Especiales (Lancero).

And it was all enjoyed with good company, having the chance to meet SiriusStogie and OpusXfiles, as well as the Twin Cities CF crew at dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.