• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday an 8-5-8 maduro that ws heavenly.

Just now, a monte #2 from 04 that was twice as heavenly. The only thing that detracted from the experience is that the Ynaks lost to the Red Sux :rolleyes:

Davidoff 4000, creamy, sweet and light bodied, good breakfast cigar. Thats if you dont mind smoking something that costs more then breakfast. Had a Padron 3000M, I forgot how good these things are. Tasted like cedar with cinnamon.

Sitting back listeninig to some Contraine and enjoying a Gran Conjonu by Pepin while sipping some good coffee. It rarely gets better than this. :cool:

This afternoon I needed a rest, so my buddy and I headed to our favorite Thai restaurants in Buffalo NY (Taste of Thai). Waited on by one helluva good looking Thai female (her name escapes me, her delicious figure and gorgeous face doesn't!) we ate well and headed down to our favorite smoking hole (Virgil Ave Tobacconists... "where the city smokes!"). Grabbed the requisite cup of coffee and dove into a Zino Platinum Crown Chubby a piece! Sporting a $30 price tag, I had hoped that this cigar would be as good as it was pricey... and this little porky puro didn't let us down! Prelight scent of manure, it was mildly springy to the touch (just the way I like my cigars humidified); snipped perfectly (but then again, when DOESN'T a perfecto snip well!). Draw was mildly firm, but not too firm to cause a shortage of smoke enjoyment.

Lit like a dream (the package comes in a nice, metallic coffin (for the 3 cigars) with special Zino matches!). Of course, being a traditionalist, if it comes with matches well by golly I'll light it with those very same matches! From the first puff to the last (nubbed that fugger good and clean!) the taste on the palate was moderately herbaceous. A subtle lemon grass taste, followed by a mellow aftertaste prevailed throughout. It burned cool, moderate amount of smoke with every puff. Touched it up a little, here and there, but for the most part that silver grey peppery ash stuck hard and fast (at one point I turned to my buddy Ted and asked "is this ash superglued to the stick??"). We both nubbed it and agreed... we almost feel guilty for paying ONLY $30 a stick! I've agreed to get more when I head back to Scotty's Habana Premium cigar shopped (on Central Road in Colonie (Albany) NY.

A must smoke for the ages!

Hasta,
Darren

Watched the Buffalo Sabres advance while smoking a AF Short Story...

Hey jstars,
what did you think about the third period.

Personally I went through some mild convulsions!!

Damn team better find their 'A' game fast, before they tackle the Rangers!

Go Sabres!
Darren

Reading history outside and glancing in at the Kobe's vs Suns every once in a while, I decided to light up an RP 1990 Rubosto. Started off with a very metallic taste, I don't normally get the whole tasting thing, but it definitely reminded me of canned beer. I gave it 5 min, then cut about an inch off and relit. The metallic taste was still there but fading so I kept going. The taste was gone for about 5 min before coming back strong again. I put it out and went for the sure shot. Pulled out a Padron 1926 No 9 Maduro. Much better. I had bought it a couple weeks ago and then when I saw the No 6in CA I knew I would lik it. Mild spice and a very thick smoke filling my mouth, which watered the entire time. Could've been more enjoyable if I had a better drink to pair it with. After reading about the 1964 I think I would like that better though.

After a day of starting to build poker table #5, I sat down with a Padron 26 No. 35, thanks to a very generous BOTL named Jonas... :thumbs:
I paired it up with a Vanilla Weizen homebrew!!!
Great way to wind the day down...

Thanks again Jonas!!!

Today I smoked a Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto -- it was a great cigar, but I will need to eat more food the next time I fire one up!
I will start the weekly thead tomorrow! I will be out of town next week if someone else would like to start a new one then.

Smoked a bunch of Opus and Camacho yesterday. But there is a special review coming as a very generous CP'er gave me the honor to review a rare gem from a time frame long past. Going to post it now as I can't sleep yet.

Had a Gurkha Legend on Friday night while reading the latest CA. Not sure of the size but it was freakin awesome. Very smooth, I would say medium bodied, no aftertaste, just a great, great smoking experience.

Sat was one HELL of a smoking day, and yet I felt pretty good the next day... Here's the line-up

Connie #9
Perdomo ESV 91
Gispert PC
AF UTS Maddie
LFD Chiselito

That was before 5pm, then I had a poker game that I ended up breaking even on...

98' HDM Du prince
Johhny O Torpedo
Opus XXX

**edited because I can't type.. :)

Sat was one HELL of a smoking day, and yet I felt pretty good the next day... Here's the line-up

Connie #9
Perdomo ESV 91
Gispert PC
AF UTS Maddie
LFD Chiselito

That was before 5pm, then I had a poker game that I ended up breaking even on...

98' HDM Du prince
Johhny O Torpedo
Opus XXX

**edited because I can't type.. :)

Holy Sh*t Tim!!!

Were you able to squeeze in a meal or a piss break at all.........

It was a pretty good weekend. Here was my lineup

Saturday

Tatuaje Conoju 2003

Sunday

Partagas - Lusitanias (Draw was pretty tight but nice none the less)
Cohiba - Robusto

Today
Aurora 100 Anos - Robusto w/ some Caol Ila 18yr old. Glad I finally bought a bottle of this. Love it!

Smoked a Padron 2000 maddie on the way home from work last night. Wanted to try it based on so many people saying its a good value smoke; I have to say I concur, it was damn tasty! Once I move into my new place in June, I will be starting a coolerdor, and a box (at least) of 2000s will be going in!

Also smoked a NC Punch Pita maduro after dinner (started it while walking the dog, finished it on the deck). This was purchased for me by my sister a couple months ago, and must have been at the tobacconist for a long time, as it had a hint of nice plume on it. It was very smooth, but I have to say that I've liked fresher Punch sticks better, they seemed more, well, punchy. :laugh: This stick seemed to have mellowed out more than I would like. Or it may have suffered in comparison to the Padron I smoked earlier.

I smoked a Don Pepin Blue Churchill out of the fresh box I bought. :thumbs:

In a cool hangout with Scott1966.

Had after BBQ LFD DL Churchill Especial from OYA Sampler few hours ago.
The taste was just like in my few previous LFD DL's, but the burn was awfull.
One side didn't want to burn at all! I did help myself with torching it, but after few minutes it was the same! till the end!

Any experiences with it? do you think it could have happed because it was in a cello for few months ? ???

Status
Not open for further replies.