• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Illusione Rothschilds R on the drive in to work. Perhaps it was the lighting method (see other posts about lighting your stick then cutting) but this was the best tasting, most enjoyable one I've had yet. I have noticed consistently, that when using this method a milder strength and more sweetness are allowed to shine. I've enjoyed about 5-6 before and each one previously had a more earthy dark flavor that dominated with some bitterness at the end. This stick started off with a sweet note that carried on throughout. A defenite molasses/cedar like sweet note, the earthiness present but more roasted coffee than earth. Great start to a Friday!

My first Caldwell Eastern Standard Marble House (5x40)...great size for a morning drive smoke. They're Smallbatch exclusives that are a slightly different blend from the ES line. Solid low-medium body, stellar construction...very good for early in the day strength and flavorwise. I get bored with the larger ES's, so this was the ideal size.

Finish of a rough work week as me coming home, my beautiful girl handing me a cocktail and some appetizers and orders me to brag a cigar and head to the porch as she cooks some pizza from scratch. So it's an AF Anejo 88 for me tonight, and likely some dent on my credit card for shoes or the like tomorrow. I'll take it.

A tiny Quesada 40th Anni petite belicoso....may be my first smoke ever from this brand. Not bad, very light, just nothing about the flavors that struck a chord with me. Awesome construction though.

tmp_22384-20160603_1529471107996730.jpg

MN, you are a bad rascal with that Cohiba, and it isn't fake. Poor Bri, now she's gonna have to steal one from her hunk.

ISOM Cohibas are kind of my holy grail of cigars, have been since I started smoking. Even after the lovely folks around this place helped show me the light, and even though I had ready access to them, this is my first full box purchase of any cc Cohibas. I like trying to be patient, even with easy to find regular production cigars I haven't tried, just to add to the joy and the experience. Because who doesn't love buying a box of something they have been waiting to buy for a while? :)

Anyways, I have to say, this smoke has been a few years in the waiting, and it was all very worth it! Never had a Siglio and this thing is fantastic.

Just goes to show how much I appreciate this place. Truly there's no other place like it. And you're all some kind of special for putting up with me. :)