• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYECP 2

It should be there pretty soon...Sorry for the delay....

I love doing Toys for Tots every year but it seriously takes time away from MY family. I'm out there every day for 14-16 hrs trying to bolster enough interest in our cause to convince people to give us a new, unwrapped toy and my family sits at home wondering when I'll be home.... Sorry for the vent in this thread...ughh

I love doing Toys for Tots every year but it seriously takes time away from MY family. I'm out there every day for 14-16 hrs trying to bolster enough interest in our cause to convince people to give us a new, unwrapped toy and my family sits at home wondering when I'll be home.... Sorry for the vent in this thread...ughh

Congrats on the 1K posts

I'm have no doubt it's a hassle for you, and sorry to hear that you are away from your family, but I just wanted to let you know I think Toys for Tots is the best charity out there. I get involved in the toy drive here at work, so I know it can be a pain, but I can only imagine the looks on those kids faces when they get their gifts. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.

Here's some of my proposed P/T's

T: #26 Mike Ditka Champsionship / P: Sopranos Tony Soprano LE
T: #53 BGM / P: RyJ Short Churchill
T: #48 Anejo 46 / P: WOAM
T: #82 Tat Frank / P: CAO Bratalia Perfecto
T: #77 GoF Double Robusto / P: Davidoff Millenium Piramide
T: #80 Chili Pepper / P: Diamond Crown 1895 Glass Tubo 110th Anni
T: #54 54 Monte D EL '05 / P: Boli Colosoles German RE

Not bad.

I'm not sure of the rarity of the Tat V the CAO...but it seem off as the Tat's are out there now...but are still limited and sought after.

I think I just paid $45 or more for a chili pepper in a open buy on here...the DC tubo runs about $25.

Am I incorrect?

(not to seem all negative - the Boli RE is appears generous.)

Not bad.

I'm not sure of the rarity of the Tat V the CAO...but it seem off as the Tat's are out there now...but are still limited and sought after.

I think I just paid $45 or more for a chili pepper in a open buy on here...the DC tubo runs about $25.

Am I incorrect?

I didn't think so. I kinda think the only P/T that was in line was the last one. Just my .02......

I think you'll here from Gonz on those but they seem a little off to me. Values and rarity are off, but YMMV.

Not bad.

Am I incorrect?

I didn't think so. I kinda think the only P/T that was in line was the last one. Just my .02......

Dunno enough about the Ditka to comment. BGM is more than the RyJ. WOAM for Anejo I would probably take but I can see why you might not (anejos tend to be tougher to find and be marked up more when available than the hemi maduros). Tat Frank vs. Bratalia isn't really there in terms of rarity. Davidoff is somewhat close to the GoF, still just a little low so really at the pass host's discretion. The DCM 110th isn't worth as much as the Chili, quite a bit off imo. I have only been gifted the 05 Monte EL so I don't really know what they are going for right this second but I suspect from the market price for those Bolis it is good trade and I would absolutely trust Lee's assesment, he knows some stuff about cigars :D

Here's my thoughts:

I'm fine with the Ditka for the Sopranos cigar. It seems like those "Tony Soprano" ones were much more limited than the regular Sopranos line and the initial dollar value is a tad higher on that Sopranos cigar too which I think makes up for any rarity difference in the two. The Mike Ditka cigars from Graycliff have been just as heavily discounted in the past as most of the CAO line.

The Short Churchill still falls short of the BGM. The BGM's have been available recently from one vendor I know of for around $90/box of 10, but in general they are still around $120ish a box. The RyJ at that particular vendor is still much less than the BGM.

The Anejo for Woam I'm fine with. Depending on your area of the country either might be more hard to find, and let's not forget I think the WOAM has $0.25 on the Anejo!

The Tat Frank trade I'm not 100% on. I'm trying to do some soul searching and find out if it's just because we're all Tat whores and subconsciously are giving it more props or if it truly is harder to find and worth more than that Bratalia. That particular Bratalia is not a high production cigar either and was only available in those 5 cigar sets for $80-$100/set, and the other 4 cigars in the set I thought were regular production Italias and Brazilias.

The GOF and the Millenium Davi is also super close, I think the difference in $ value is very minimal (their price ranges overlap). That one in particular I might say is OK since the final p/t (the Monte for the German RE) is very good.

I think after getting some other feedback the chili pepper for the Diamond Crown perfecto is a no go. Those chili peppers just are not available anywhere for close to what the perfectos go for. I think the cheapest way to get a chili pepper would be if you equally divided the older Opus 22 sets which makes them $37.50. Otherwise as a single they are usually $50 and up.

But please post your thoughts either way on what my take is. Yes, I'm the pass host, but whether or not puts and takes are fair affects all pass participants so I encourage other feedback!

I agree with you, Andy. I'm not real crazy about the Tat Frank/CAO Bratalia swap, but it could well be because I prefer Tats to CAOs in general. The Chili Pepper/Diamond Crown perfecto trade was interesting to me because I haven't seen very many of the DC perfectos around. The price I've found for them is around $30 though, and that's less than the Chili Pepper any way you look at it.

I agree with what has been discussed already, so there is no reason for me to detail why.

Jim

Thanks for the input from everyone. I've made some changes and am trying to stay away from CC since I don't know much in that area. I really wanted to share one of the 1895 perfectos since that's about as NYEC as I've seen. Although, I really believe they deserve more credit on the rarity side. Here's a slightly modified lineup.

T: #95 Forbidden Lancero / P: La Unica 1895 Glass Tubo 110th Anni

Thanks for the input from everyone. I've made some changes and am trying to stay away from CC since I don't know much in that area. I really wanted to share one of the 1895 perfectos since that's about as NYEC as I've seen. Although, I really believe they deserve more credit on the rarity side. Here's a slightly modified lineup.

T: #82 Tat Frank / P: CAO Bratalia Perfecto - price is there...I question rarity, let alone demand.
T: #77 GoF Double Robusto / P: Davidoff Millenium Piramide ($22 vs $18)ish
T: #95 Forbidden Lancero / P: La Unica 1895 Glass Tubo 110th Anni (upwards of $35 vs $25 - I could be mistaken)

One of the things that seems to be missing aside from the few dollars in price...is the rarity value. Now rarity doesn't always have to do with availablity...it can also include quality/demand. Is say a 'Gullwing' Benz was $1million and a rare original VW was $1million - which do you think is better quality and in demand?

Someone may come up with a better analogy.

I know you're working at wrapping this up...you may want to just do some moderate put's and takes and see if doing an 'ISO' would yield traders for what you are looking to try.

A question to ask is...."Who would make those trades?"
I might do the GOF for a Davi....if it's an Original Release Davidoff...but I like them a lot....and on the average I think most would like the GoF.

If I'm off in my comments, please let me know...I'm sure we'd like to get this pass moving before next week.

T: #82 Tat Frank / P: CAO Bratalia Perfecto - price is there...I question rarity, let alone demand.
T: #77 GoF Double Robusto / P: Davidoff Millenium Piramide ($22 vs $18)ish
T: #95 Forbidden Lancero / P: La Unica 1895 Glass Tubo 110th Anni (upwards of $35 vs $25 - I could be mistaken)

One of the things that seems to be missing aside from the few dollars in price...is the rarity value. Now rarity doesn't always have to do with availablity...it can also include quality/demand. Is say a 'Gullwing' Benz was $1million and a rare original VW was $1million - which do you think is better quality and in demand?

Someone may come up with a better analogy.

I know you're working at wrapping this up...you may want to just do some moderate put's and takes and see if doing an 'ISO' would yield traders for what you are looking to try.

A question to ask is...."Who would make those trades?"
I might do the GOF for a Davi....if it's an Original Release Davidoff...but I like them a lot....and on the average I think most would like the GoF.

If I'm off in my comments, please let me know...I'm sure we'd like to get this pass moving before next week.

Someone give that man a cigar!

Moneycollector has the box and is in the process of getting ready to mail it out to The Outlaw Crew©.

I just wanted to thank Gonz for the opportunity to take part in my first 'big-boy' pass. I've hosted a pass before but never been in the middle of one. Thanks for all that you've done to keep this pass going Gonz...