• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

It should fall on whoever thought bringing in A-rod, was a good idea. I love the dude, from his time in Green Bay, but it's hard to watch.

But to your question, it's always fallen on the HC when teams don't play well. These guys are paid millions to play a game and suck at it? I'd bench Rodgers and see how that does for his motivation.
For the Jets, it's just the same as Watson and the Browns.

The Jets aren't going to admit their mistake by benching Rodgers and the Browns aren't going to admit their mistake by benching Watson.

Desperate teams do desperate things ........ and then they live with them.

Sorry @MX I'm just a realist... You tell me where Dak fits in with this list of QB's? This is what it takes to win a SB... Either you have a HOF QB or one of the best D's ever... Dallas has neither (Not even close) The only outlier I see is the Eagles with Foles...

Super Bowl 27. Troy Aikman (MVP), 4 TDs
Super Bowl 28. Troy Aikman (Emmitt Smith), O TDs
Super Bowl 29. Steve Young (MVP), 6 TDs
Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman (Larry Brown), 1 TD
Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre (Desmond Howard), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 32. John Elway (Terrell Davis), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 33. John Elway (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs
Super Bowl 51: Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 53: Tom Brady (Julian Edelman), 0TDs
Super Bowl 54: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 55: Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 56: Matthew Stafford (Cooper Kupp), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 57: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 58: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 2 TDs

@TexasTraveler Aaron, you know I am not a Cowboys fan, I don't think anybody is, except for the media. However, I think if there was a good owner and a good organization all around I think Dak could be good enough to win a Super bowl.

It's like Kenny pickett, we will probably never know if he was any good or not because in his time as a starter he had garbage coaching.

@TexasTraveler Aaron, you know I am not a Cowboys fan, I don't think anybody is, except for the media. However, I think if there was a good owner and a good organization all around I think Dak could be good enough to win a Super bowl.

It's like Kenny pickett, we will probably never know if he was any good or not because in his time as a starter he had garbage coaching.
Only way Dak is good enough is if you don't have to depend on him to win. Sure like every decent QB in the league he can win you a game against another mediocre team, like he did last week. But, he can't carry a team through the playoffs. Just look at that list of QB's that have won a SB over the last 30 years, only 3 are not HOF, the 3 that aren't had arguably one of the best D's ever. Just once in the last 30 years has an average QB without a complete shutdown D won it all. Just Once!

Only way Dak is good enough is if you don't have to depend on him to win. Sure like every decent QB in the league he can win you a game against another mediocre team, like he did last week. But, he can't carry a team through the playoffs. Just look at that list of QB's that have won a SB over the last 30 years, only 3 are not HOF, the 3 that aren't had arguably one of the best D's ever. Just once in the last 30 years has an average QB without a complete shutdown D won it all. Just Once!
You seem way too smart to be a Cowboys fan! 😂

Dak Career - 67% Comp, 98.7% passer rating 210/78 (TD/INT) 63% wins

Better than Troy, just saying.

I AM a Dallas fan, always will be, butI not a sell-out for Dak, it takes a whole team!
Dak is good enuff, we were good enuff last year to beat GB, but the D did not show up, Dak played his role too

If Prescott's career ended today, he would be second in franchise passing yards, touchdowns, and game-winning drives and fourth in wins.

But it not all on his shoulders, is all I am saying

Last edited:
Dak Career - 67% Comp, 98.7% passer rating 210/78 (TD/INT) 63% wins

Better than Troy, just saying.

I AM a Dallas fan, always will be, butI not a sell-out for Dak, it takes a whole team!
Dak is good enuff, we were good enuff last year to beat GB, but the D did not show up, Dak played his role too

But it not all on his shoulders, is all I am saying
If your taking Dak over Troy, you need your head checked... Seriously 🤪 They played in completely different leagues, If Troy was in his prime in this league his numbers would look a lot different. Troy was the ultimate Team Player similar to the way Brady was. Whatever it took to win, regardless of numbers and percentages. Like I said Dak is a good player, so not surprised at his numbers, but don't kid yourself, he is very very limited on what throws he can actually make. I'll give you an example, the winning TD he threw last week, sure he gets the credit, but did you watch the play. Dak looks left at first receiver (not open) looks left at second receiver (not open) all he then has to do is reset his eyes to just past mid field because the play is designed for the next receiver although lineup on the right of the formation, is cutting across and Dak again just has to look left and then almost makes a bad throw but the receiver/rb bails him out with an outstanding catch. Point being the coaches are designing plays for him for guys to be intersecting at certain parts of the field because our guy isn't that good at actually reading defenses and throwing into tight windows or throwing guys open. BTW, I am a Cowboy lifer, but that is the facts.

ETA: One last note Troy took over a team that was horrible!!! Dak took over a team although had just come off a down year due to some injuries, the prior year had won 12/13 games and was expected to be really good. So hard to compare wins percentages between the two.

Last edited:
Not taking Dak over Troy
All NFL is now scheme based for the talent

But I am not disagreeing with your points

I used to be in on the “all Rodgers” team, but lately his attitude has been meh. Though this week I was surprised to see them go to breece a lot more, even in the passing game.

That said, let’s see how he does next week. Apparently he bought into the coaching change, but they still lost, so let’s see if he is still in on it. I do suspect they may try and make a kicking change lol.

I used to be in on the “all Rodgers” team, but lately his attitude has been meh. Though this week I was surprised to see them go to breece a lot more, even in the passing game.

That said, let’s see how he does next week. Apparently he bought into the coaching change, but they still lost, so let’s see if he is still in on it. I do suspect they may try and make a kicking change lol.

Did you see the latest on the Jets? It's turning into an All Rodgers team, again.

Raiders trading WR Davante Adams to Jets for conditional third-round pick