• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPass Blues Pass

Rush (they play the Blues?) - Summertime Blues=>Crossroads - Live from Frankfurt Germany, Sept. '04, 30th Anniversary Tour

They did a covers cd last year that had Summertime Blues on it. I forgot all about that one. Up to thirty songs already, good thing we are limited to 2 or 3 songs.

That's just the official iPass Collection Vol 1, then there are the "outtakes" that were sent separately for Vol's 2-5.

Anyone who's heard this so far care to review any of the tunes? Any previously undiscovered treasures or surprises?

Rush (they play the Blues?) - Summertime Blues=>Crossroads - Live from Frankfurt Germany, Sept. '04, 30th Anniversary Tour

They did a covers cd last year that had Summertime Blues on it. I forgot all about that one. Up to thirty songs already, good thing we are limited to 2 or 3 songs.

That's where I originally got the idea from, then I realized that the live version from the R30 DVD set was much more groovin!

For any other Rush fans out there, I very highly recommend the R30 DVD special edition set that also includes the cd recording of the concert. And they shot the DVD with high def cameras in widescreen format. And 5.1 sound.

That's where I originally got the idea from, then I realized that the live version from the R30 DVD set was much more groovin!

For any other Rush fans out there, I very highly recommend the R30 DVD special edition set that also includes the cd recording of the concert. And they shot the DVD with high def cameras in widescreen format. And 5.1 sound.
i can attest to this, having seen the R30 tour live in massachussetts. i have the dvd set for both R30 and Rush in Rio, and they are some of the best performances the band has done (R30 was my 8th Rush show)
the extra's on the R30 dvd set are cool, cause it shows the past videos from fly by night, moving pictures and some other lice stuff from them. highly recomended if you like concert dvd's.

That's just the official iPass Collection Vol 1, then there are the "outtakes" that were sent separately for Vol's 2-5.

Anyone who's heard this so far care to review any of the tunes? Any previously undiscovered treasures or surprises?

I was working on the disks sent by tony-ny and Captain-leafheart last night, and I gotta tell you ... there is some very cool music on those CD's. Big Leg's, Tight Skirt is a very cool song and will probably make it to the compilation CD, Vol. 1.

I'll have to look at the son's again tonight to refresh my memory of what was there .... OH!! Texas Flood by Buddy Guy! way cool :cool:

:cool:

Man it was tough cutting it down to 19 songs to send you. I can only imagine what you'll have to do to get it to be a resonable length CD. I had to leave out some real classics like Boom, Boom and Boogie Chillin by John Lee Hooker and Trouble No More by Muddy Waters.

Good luck on putting it together, I know you'll do a good job!

OK, the pass has been rec'd. I have done a complete inventory and all cigars are accounted for, in the proper receptacles, and there has been no change in their condition since last reported. We seem to have plenty of bags, a nice marker, an address list and a printed inventory, on which I will pencil in my puts. And the blues memory sticks are there. I have also contacted Swifty via pm to inquire about either handing it off this weekend, or putting in back in the mail to him tomorrow (Friday). And someone gave me a blast from the past by using the Daily Record newspaper as packing material, which was on the breakfast table every morning when I grew up.

My takes and puts are as follows. I've decided not to make a play on the Davidoff Millenium, however I would like to take the VSG Enchantment (#6) as seen below:

Take - #6 VSG Enchantment Put #78 - Padron 1926 No. 6

Take - #18 Monte 3 Put #79 - Siglo II (NOV 04)

Take - #53 WOAM Put #80 - Opus X Robusto

Take - #54 Psd 1 EL Put #81 - Monte C EL 2003

Take - #69 Shark Put #82 - PAM Torpedo

This is everyone's last chance to comment on these puts and takes before I package this back up and get it going on it's way!

Junkman sent my songs in mp3 format .... at least 30-40 songs :0

:sign:

There may have been a few more then that… :whistling:

Hey David, if you want help copying the CDs and sending them out let me know.
I could send out a separate MP3 CD or two with every song submitted in this pass.

Take - #6 VSG Enchantment Put #78 - Padron 1926 No. 6

Take - #18 Monte 3 Put #79 - Siglo II (NOV 04)

Take - #53 WOAM Put #80 - Opus X Robusto

Take - #54 Psd 1 EL Put #81 - Monte C EL 2003

Take - #69 Shark Put #82 - PAM Torpedo

This is everyone's last chance to comment on these puts and takes before I package this back up and get it going on it's way!

Looks good to me ...

Junkman_56, I thought there were more than that as well :laugh:

The first post has been updated and more pictures have been added to the pictures page.

Gonz will be handing off the pass to Swifty on Sunday. :thumbs:

Hey Blue Dragon, are you getting ready? this bad boy is almost to you!

Looking forward to meeting Gonz at Stogies on Sunday to pick up the pass. :thumbs:
My proposed puts and takes are as follows:

Put: #83 Padron 1926 40th natural
Take: #5 Davidoff Millenium Piramides

Put: #84 Graycliff Espresso PG
Take: #63 AVO Legacy Series Churchill

Put: #85 La Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso
Take: #64 Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

Put: #86 CAO Sopranos Boss

Songs:

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble-Dirty Pool-Live At Carnegie Hall

The Doors-Little Red Rooster-In Concert ( I know there are many more classic versions of this song performed by more traditiional blues artists, but I happen to like this one)

Looking forward to meeting Gonz at Stogies on Sunday to pick up the pass. :thumbs:
My proposed puts and takes are as follows:

Put: #83 Padron 1926 40th natural
Take: #5 Davidoff Millenium Piramides

Put: #84 Graycliff Espresso PG
Take: #63 AVO Legacy Series Churchill

Put: #85 La Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso
Take: # 64 Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

Put: CAO Sopranos Boss

Songs:

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble-Dirty Pool-Live At Carnegie Hall

The Doors-Little Red Rooster-In Concert ( I know there are many more classic versions of this song performed by more traditiional blues artists, but I happen to like this one)

Ummmmmmmm ..... WOW! those are some nice P&T's Swifty :thumbs:

i can attest to this, having seen the R30 tour live in massachussetts. i have the dvd set for both R30 and Rush in Rio, and they are some of the best performances the band has done (R30 was my 8th Rush show)
the extra's on the R30 dvd set are cool, cause it shows the past videos from fly by night, moving pictures and some other lice stuff from them. highly recomended if you like concert dvd's.

I can't wait to hear this CD. I bet the Rush is great - need to look into that DVD.

Lkyman

I received the pass today. Everything looks great except one of my takes (#64 D.C. #6 Maduro) appears to be missing. I aready discussed this with David and contacted Andy. I do not want to hold up the pass over one stick so I will ship it out as soon as Cory confirms he is ready and we will figure out the missing stick as we go. Andy told me he will check for it when he gets home. I did an inventry 3 times. That doesn't necessarily mean it's not there. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer. :p Maybe it will show up when Cory does inventory. Anyway. Thanks a million to David for putting together this very cool pass and letting me play. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Heads up Cory!

OK, I've done some research, and it appears that Tone-NY took #64, the DCM #6, back in post number 227.

If this is not correct or if that got switched and I didn't see it someone please let me know! I've been very worried about this ever since Khris called me, and I thought I was very careful and meticulous when I did the inventory when I had the pass. I did my inventory based on the list in the pass, not off of the list on the first page, which is why this might be coming up now.

Hey Swifty, looks like a little bit of confusion .... is there another stick you can take in place of the DC #6? If not, I'll find one and ship it your way. Don't say no or I'll have to make it a fiver ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

David

Hey Swifty, looks like a little bit of confusion .... is there another stick you can take in place of the DC #6? If not, I'll find one and ship it your way. Don't say no or I'll have to make it a fiver ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

David

Sure, I'll take #73 OR Shark. :whistling: ;) :sign:

OK, I'll take #45 VSG Enchantment.

Thanks again David!

Corry, let me know if you are ready and I will get this thing on the road.

Yes I did take the DC #6 as stated in my post. I sent an updated list in the pass to include that take. Sorry for any confussion on this.