• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

They left out Costa Rican and Dominican tobacco 😳

This is their shade grown version.

They also offer a black maduro, barber pole, Criollo, Habano, Corojo, and plain vanilla Connecticut wrapper. I copied the details from the Cigars International description.

I haven't smoked any of those others. HA ! Might be worth a try. :)

Last edited:
Another selection from the recent Cigar Page 41 stick sampler - a $2.54 Record Bond.
- an everyday $4 budget stick.

Pennsylvania, Condega, and Esteli fillers - Condega binder - Ecuador Habano wrapper

If you're looking for a full strength budget stick, then you might like this one.

Good flavor, and well behaved.

Record Bond.jpg

Alright, Dan got a grab bag of sticks. One of the online retailers listed this at 198 for 20. Dan got it for considerably less. If I got it for 19.80 I would be extremely
unhappy. Asylum 867 Auntie Lancero.

@JoeMO
Hey ! That's a ten dollar stick ! (I looked it up) 🤣😅😂

"A Honduran puro, the 867 Auntie is perhaps the mellowest of the 867 collection, and clocks in around medium-bodied. The cigar is steeped in an unreleased formular of flavor that gives this cigar an incredible sweetness remniscent of maple syrup and baking spices. "

Auntie.jpg

unhappy. Asylum 867 Auntie Lancero.

@JoeMO
Hey ! That's a ten dollar stick ! (I looked it up) 🤣😅😂

"A Honduran puro, the 867 Auntie is perhaps the mellowest of the 867 collection, and clocks in around medium-bodied. The cigar is steeped in an unreleased formular of flavor that gives this cigar an incredible sweetness remniscent of maple syrup and baking spices. "

View attachment 85807
Math apparently isn't Joes strong point. 😎

Smoking an affordable favorite.
Gilberto Oliva Reserva 543.
5.75 x 43 corona
Won a 20 ct. box in 2022 at the Devil Site for $40. So... a TRUE two buck chuck.
This Sumatra wrapper delivers a nice spice (gingery) to the backend of a sweet woody note.
Nothing overly complex just a nice back and forth weave and over lap.

1725493806719.png

Oliva Serie G Maduro. A medium Nicaraguan, with an Indonesian binder and Mexican Maduro wrapper.

My 1st one of these ever, and a stellar deal - thanks to a brother in New York.

I suspect that these are similarly priced to the Cameroon version - about $7.

Puffy Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Series G Maduro.jpg

$2.81 All Saints - Saint Francis, from a brown bag mystery sampler.

This cigar sucks big moose d**k. I managed to smoke nearly half of it before tossing it into the trash. Maybe it was just a bad one.

All Saints.jpg

Last edited:
You could do a lot worse than one of these. Pretty decent smokes. This batch, anyway.

$1.40 Rocky Patel "Cargo" 6 x 52.

A dark Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper over Nicaraguan "sandwich-style" filler.

Medium.

cargo.jpg

Cuban Rounds - 7 x 48. Typically 20 sticks/$45 online, but wait for the monthly coupon !

This is a short-filler stick with very good construction - and it burned perfectly.
Just enough spice.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ and 3/4
1725842357655.png
CR Natural.jpg

Dutch Masters "Palma". These are $65 for a box of 55 - everyday online price.
They say "Made in the USA" but it's technically Puerto Rico.

Mellow machine-made, short filler sticks - with a natural Connecticut wrapper

NOT sweet, but they do have sort of a mild, sweet aroma. Sorta.

I always keep a box of these on hand.

DM2.jpgDM1.jpg

Casa Bella Maduro Cigar - by Sindicato Cigars. About $2, in the economical 20-bundle.

Casa Bella chart.png

This one was dry, and coming apart everywhere. Still, it smoked well. Weird.

Relatively smooth and tasty El Cheapo stick. I'd love to get one of these that's been properly stored.

CA Smoke.jpg

Casa Torano at $2.09. Typically $6, but you can usually find a sale.

A Mellow/medium Honduran, with Dominican/Nicaraguan long fillers
- Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

These are the upper crust of the El Cheapo sticks. Always well behaved.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

casa torano.jpg

Just under $3 - La Aurora 1903 Edition Platinum Cameroon. $13.50 at Cigars International today.

These were on closeout in June 2023 because of some sort band misprint. So they say. I sorta stocked up.

Ecuadorian Cameroon over a Dominican binder and African Cameroon, Brazilian, and Dominican long-fillers.

Med-Full

⭐⭐⭐⭐ and 1/2

La Aurora.jpg

Last edited: