• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

Casa Torano at $2.09. Typically $6, but you can usually find a sale.

A Mellow/medium Honduran, with Dominican/Nicaraguan long fillers
- Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Casa Torano.jpg

These seem to pair well with a big cup of coffee -
and a fresh blackberry "breakfast pie"

Breakfast Pie Medium.jpg

Some new additions:

$ 2.40 Jawn Solomon Connecticut 7.1 x 58. I should have been wearing my glasses. I thought these were Robustos. Regular price today $2.88 at Cigar Page. HUGE stick !

😂🤣😁

Next -

$2.00 La Palina Red Label 5.0 x 52. These had the screwy labels, so they were on special. You can still get this one for $3 at Cigar Page. Regularly $6-ish.

1000011613.jpg

Last edited:
These have good tobacco and a good flavor but some of them are a hard draw.

Still, it's hard to go wrong with this pricing. Throw in a 25% off coupon and they're perfect.
1000011631.png
1000011627.jpg

$ 2.40 Jawn Solomon Connecticut 7.1 x 58. You can get these less than $3.

"Nicaraguan fillers and binder topped with a silky Connecticut wrapper. Expect a mild to medium body with notes of cream and nuts."

My wife says "OMG that thing is HUGE". I'm going to order more of these, because I just like hearing her say that.

Solomon.jpg

$2.54 Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon 6.5 x 52. You can get a 5-pack at Cigars International this morning for $55.

Honduran, with Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers and a Cameroon wrapper.

Nice smoke, well constructed, and well behaved.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and a half.

1000011632.jpg

$2.34 Graycliff G2 Maduro 5.2 x 50. Usually $5 online.

Nicaraguan with Dominican/Nicaraguan long-fillers, Nicaraguan binder, and a Pennsylvania Broadleaf maduro wrapper.

The G2 Connecticut wrapper is also a nice stick. All of the G2's that I've smoked have been well constructed and well behaved.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1000011660.jpg

I'm smoking the 3rd one out of this batch. It's gonna take me all day.

$ 2.40 Jawn Solomon Connecticut 7.1 x 58. You can get these less than $3 at most places.

Nicaraguan fillers - Connecticut wrapper. Mellow/medium.

If these were a smaller size then they'd get four stars. Maybe I can cut them in half. Or thirds. :):):)

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ and 15/16ths

Solomon.jpg

$2.00 La Palina Red Label 5.5 x 52. On clearance because the the label colors were reversed, I think.

A 5-pack will set you back $50 at Cigars International today.

"Sun-Grown Ecuador wrapper, with Nicaraguan and Dominican long-fillers. Medium-body with toasted nuts, cedar, and a pleasant spice. 92-rated."

Nice smoke. Light draw.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and 1/2

La Palina Red Label.jpg

Last edited:
$1.40 Rocky Patel "Cargo" 6 x 52. Typically $2.50 at you favorite online cigar place.

A dark Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper over Nicaraguan "sandwich-style" filler.

Medium. Good El Cheapo stick for lounging around.

:):):):)

cargo.jpg

$2.81 Montecristo Nicaragua Series 6 x 54 - from the recent Cigars International mystery "brown bag sampler" This is the second Montecristo from that sampler - and it's just as good. About $15 online.

Nicaraguan fillers, binder, and wrapper.

Very nice cigar.

Medium-Full

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and a half

Monte Cristo Nigaragua.jpg

I see that my wife has been rearranging her little "cigar friends" again. I reached into the AVO Classic box and found this stowaway.

Oliva Serie G Cameroon. Nicaraguan - Habano binder - African Cameroon wrapper.

Watch the sales - and get this nice mellow/medium cigar for less than three bucks.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1000011821.jpg

Last edited:
$1.91 5 Vegas Gold. A good early day stick. About $4.50 online, every day.

Honduran/Nicaraguan fillers - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper. Mellow, with a little bit of spice.

Puffy rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

5 vegas gold.jpg

$2.50 Victor Sinclair Primeros 6 x 50, from September of '23.

"Connecticut wrapper and an aged filler blend of Dominican Seco tobaccos with a sliver of Ligero"

Mild/Mellow.

20 box/$75 at CI - but wait for the 35% off sale and get a $48 box. They're a bit less in bundles, tenskis, etc.

These Victor Sinclair sticks are a step above the typical El Cheapo Cheapo Dominicans. In my experience, they've all been decent construction and burned well - AND a good draw.

Victor Sinclair Primeros.jpg
1000004836.jpg

Last edited:
$1.87 HC White shade grown. Typically $3 at your finer online cigar stores.

Honduran, with Nicaraguan filler and a Connecticut wrapper.

These are decent mellow sticks for early in the day.

Camera broke, so all you get is this file photo.

HC White.png