• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

This is what happens when a homeowner decides to disconnect his Tesla charger, turn off the breaker, but leave the 240 V wires exposed with the ground wire touching the hot wire. Then proceeds to cover it with a trash or recycling bin.

Then the home unsuspecting inspector goes to turn the breaker on right next to it, and it sounds like a shotgun went off. Pretty sure I had skid-marks in my underwear after that...
IMG_1031.jpegIMG_1032.jpeg

This is what happens when a homeowner decides to disconnect his Tesla charger, turn off the breaker, but leave the 240 V wires exposed with the ground wire touching the hot wire. Then proceeds to cover it with a trash or recycling bin.

Then the home unsuspecting inspector goes to turn the breaker on right next to it, and it sounds like a shotgun went off. Pretty sure I had skid-marks in my underwear after that...
View attachment 83173View attachment 83174
John, does that homeowner have any liability for potentially risking harm to others?

John, does that homeowner have any liability for potentially risking harm to others?
Funny you should ask! I had kind of rehearsed in my head if the homeowner (who has moved out) complained about the damage to his garage wall, asking if I was going to pay to fix it. "No!, And I don't plan to sue you for reckless endangerment currently."

Then not even 10 minutes later I walked down to the basement and fell flat on the floor. The stairs had detached at the bottom, and instead of repairing them, he just slid them up against the landing to make it look like it was ok. My left shoulder neck really hurt this morning from where I tried to break my fall. So I'm guessing if I have to end up needing medical attention, I'll have to ask about his homeowners insurance. People are so stupid sometimes, and lack any common sense. Almost 15 years of doing this with no injuries, other than a few cuts and scrapes. Then I walked into this guy's house.

Owns a million dollar home and uses a can of spray patch for a popcorn ceiling to repair the damage to the stucco someone damaged outside a garage door. Got more of it on the driveway than anywhere else. 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_1039.jpegIMG_1040.jpegIMG_1037.jpegIMG_1038.jpeg

Funny you should ask! I had kind of rehearsed in my head if the homeowner (who has moved out) complained about the damage to his garage wall, asking if I was going to pay to fix it. "No!, And I don't plan to sue you for reckless endangerment currently."

Then not even 10 minutes later I walked down to the basement and fell flat on the floor. The stairs had detached at the bottom, and instead of repairing them, he just slid them up against the landing to make it look like it was ok. My left shoulder neck really hurt this morning from where I tried to break my fall. So I'm guessing if I have to end up needing medical attention, I'll have to ask about his homeowners insurance. People are so stupid sometimes, and lack any common sense. Almost 15 years of doing this with no injuries, other than a few cuts and scrapes. Then I walked into this guy's house.

Owns a million dollar home and uses a can of spray patch for a popcorn ceiling to repair the damage to the stucco someone damaged outside a garage door. Got more of it on the driveway than anywhere else. 🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 83182View attachment 83183View attachment 83184View attachment 83185
That shit don't even work on walls!

What if he offered you a shoulder rub? Would it all be ok?