• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Dear God! What have I walked into this morning....
Been years since I walked into a hoarder home. Was completely blindsided as the pictures online were from a previous listing 8 years ago.
The last two pics are of the freezer that quit. Instead of removing the contents, they just put a ratchet strap around it and called it a day. "Juices" are still dripping out the bottom. The last picture was supposed to be of the maggots, and maggot casings. I couldn't get close enough though, without dry heaving, due to the smell to take a good picture. 🤮
IMG_1134.jpegIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1138.jpeg

Been years since I walked into a hoarder home. Was completely blindsided as the pictures online were from a previous listing 8 years ago.
The last two pics are of the freezer that quit. Instead of removing the contents, they just put a ratchet strap around it and called it a day. "Juices" are still dripping out the bottom. The last picture was supposed to be of the maggots, and maggot casings. I couldn't get close enough though, without dry heaving, due to the smell to take a good picture. 🤮
View attachment 83419View attachment 83420View attachment 83421
I hope your buyers are buying it for the land, because that place needs to be demolished...

How can you inspect anything when its all covered in shit... you don't even know if there are walls behind that shit!
Oh trust me Chad! I'm documenting the hell out of this in the report and it will be the first item. No one is going to successfully sue me over this if they later find stuff I couldn't possibly have found.

I couldn't do that! Are you hired by the buyer? I would charge them for your time and tell them you will return when the place is cleaned up. Let the two agents fight out who pays your bill.

I was paid by the buyers. However, I had some rather stern words with the agent who is brokering both sides in this case. He is representing the sellers, and the buyers. Told him he should've given me a heads up of what I was walking into. At the point I showed up and had already driven 45 minutes to get there, and didn't want to let the potential buyers down. Place actually does have potential if you could see through all that shit....

Also, in Virginia there are contractual obligations regardless of this situation. The electric bill hadn't been paid so there wasn't any electric. So as a result, no water from the well, no HVAC inspection, no kitchen appliances, no outlets, lights, etc. They are still obligated to make a decision on whether to move forward or not, without knowing whether any of the stuff is acceptable or not.

The expectation!
IMG_1145.jpeg

The reality!

IMG_1142.jpeg

Can they make an offer contingent on the place being clean and sanitary prior to closing?

View attachment 83419View attachment 83420View attachment 83421
NFW, I'd be sceeving for a month! Every time I drive by something like this I shake my head. IMHO, the hording and general unkempt of these places are a result of either upbringing or mental health. Either way, I'm not going in......

Can they make an offer contingent on the place being clean and sanitary prior to closing?
You can, but I don't think they did. They went with a super lowball offer. The house appraised for $500,000 between the home and the 5 acres of land. Even in the condition it is currently currently in. They offered $390,000 and the seller took it. A lot of that stuff is junk, but I saw some really valuable stuff in there. The homeowner Apparently does demolitions, it gets to keep everything he can take in these abandoned places.

In those piles of books, I saw some really old stuff that was cool. Something that caught my eye was a Harry Potter philosopher stone hardcover. Itwasn't pristine, but it wasn't in bad shape at all. Go look those up.. 😉 I tried to see if he'd sell it, but he wouldn't budge. Probably easily worth $50-$60,000

Then going down the basement stairs was a 1956 Forbidden Planet movie poster. It was perfect condition, and I showed it to a collector friend of mine. He verified it wasn't a reproduction, and that it was easily worth $20-$25,000. There were some really old gorgeous lithographs that look like they came from Europe somewhere, and they had dates on them from the 1800s. Wish I'd had more time to research them. I'm willing to bet they were pretty valuable themselves. That was just the tip of the iceberg. I never would've believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.

Ok that place looks like a cross between a hoarders house, bookstore, and antique shop.

I don’t think I would have offered them $390,000 Honduran lempiras, let alone $390 usd. Sometimes you walk away..sometimes you RUN…

That seller couldn’t accept that offer fast enough. Can we close today? Before they change their mind…

Then again if thought truly is bulldoze and start again..maybe…but I dunno smh 🤦‍♂️

Is it legal for a broker to represent both parties?
Seems like a huge conflict of interest so even if legal is of questionable ethics.