• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

I don't see the problem....They needed more outlets for whatever crack pipe shit they were doing, and fixed the problem.🤣🤣🤣

I bet they own
There's crowded main panels, and then there's this guy. Double taps on single rated circuit breakers galore! Even came across the ever elusive triple tap.

Oh! Don't let me forget the spot where someone put a jumper and tapped directly into the buss between the main breaker and the breaker gang. "We don't need no steenking breaker!!"

Dude, problem solvers!

@jfields John, it might be interesting to hear what the owner has to say when you point out how dumb unintelligent they are?

@jfields John, it might be interesting to hear what the owner has to say when you point out how dumb unintelligent they are?
Apparently, the owner bought this 1915 built home at auction, thinking he would make a quick buck. It has been on the market for two years with deal after deal falling through. This one will be no exception. The home looks really good in the pictures. Even I didn't expect the inspection to go the way it did. I started at 10:45 am, and didn't leave until 7:30 pm. Was so much wrong with that place.

Apparently, the owner bought this 1915 built home at auction, thinking he would make a quick buck. It has been on the market for two years with deal after deal falling through. This one will be no exception. The home looks really good in the pictures. Even I didn't expect the inspection to go the way it did. I started at 10:45 am, and didn't leave until 7:30 pm. Was so much wrong with that place.

It does look really nice!

Wow! That house looks awesome!

Let the owner know I can come down with my vice grips, crescent wrench, and duct tape and fix him up!

That's a beautiful place for sure. I would have bought it without an inspection, until I saw the electric range in the kitchen. That is a 100% deal breaker...

ETA - I have a good fried that's an electrician in the Bay Area in Cali, and he says he sees that kind of wiring all the time with older homes. He has even ran across it a few times in newer homes too.

That's a beautiful place for sure. I would have bought it without an inspection, until I saw the electric range in the kitchen. That is a 100% deal breaker...

ETA - I have a good fried that's an electrician in the Bay Area in Cali, and he says he sees that kind of wiring all the time with older homes. He has even ran across it a few times in newer homes too.
Good thing you weren't in the market for that home then.... 😉

The foundation issues estimate came in at $85,000 based on the structural engineer report.
The big deck out back estimate $30,000 to make it right
Electrical system: $28,000
HVAC systems $19,000
Termite damaged floor structure at right front of home $9,000
Basement foundation waterproofing: $33,000

Just to name a few highlights. 🙂

IMG_1516.pngIMG_1520.pngIMG_1517.pngIMG_1522.pngIMG_1523.pngIMG_1528.pngIMG_1526.png

Close to $200K to repair a $500k house is insane. And the fact that this is JUST the big stuff

Close to $200K to repair a $500k house is insane. And the fact that this is JUST the big stuff
Just some of it. There's way more big stuff. The seller refused to do one thing or come down on the price. I guess it makes sense why the home has been on the market for almost two years now.
Go back to that link I posted and look at the sales/tax history. You'll see the current owner paid almost $578,000 for that house in October 2021. He's now got it down to just below 500,000 and still can't sell it. Apparently, he waived the home inspection in order to make his contract offer look more enticing.
IMG_1530.png

That's just crazy! $1,000,000+ to get that house and make it correct. No wonder the owner isn't seeing any movement.

Good thing you weren't in the market for that home then.... 😉

The foundation issues estimate came in at $85,000 based on the structural engineer report.
The big deck out back estimate $30,000 to make it right
Electrical system: $28,000
HVAC systems $19,000
Termite damaged floor structure at right front of home $9,000
Basement foundation waterproofing: $33,000

Just to name a few highlights. 🙂

View attachment 84592View attachment 84593View attachment 84594View attachment 84595View attachment 84596View attachment 84597View attachment 84598
Come on dude! Play the close ones!

To me what is sad is that home owner did not do any upkeep to the home. We all would believe most of us realize it is an investment and should be treated with care in mind. I will only preach more so I will go outside and piss on a tree instead.-

I need this in my attic!! Just imagine the solitude from the wife and children!
View attachment 85824

Ummm, do you have to carry your own bucket of water, in order to flush that thing? I hope you didn't light a match up there, unless it's tied in to the exhaust pipe on the right side and I just can't tell.

Ummm, do you have to carry your own bucket of water, in order to flush that thing? I hope you didn't light a match up there, unless it's tied in to the exhaust pipe on the right side and I just can't tell.
Looks like it’s wet venting a 4” vent stack just off screen with a double sweep clean-out tee installed vertically. There is all kinds of wrong here but, it doesn’t matter at this point. 🤣