• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's worse than paying a couple times MSRP for Sharks?

LOL, sorry Rob, that was a reference to Full Metal Jacket. No feathers ruffled here, and what's the fun of discussing this stuff if we agree all the time?

I have a tendency to tell folks what I think when it comes to our little hobby, and I also tend to the blunt side of things. What I think is silly, I tend to say I think is silly.

My intent to you was to caution that FWIW, IMO they aren't even worth MSRP and if your tastes would by like mine you may find as I did that it was a neat looking cigar that you won't chase again.

My intent to Wade was to say "way to go" to him on his score, but also to shake my head out loud about buying this designer stuff just to say you have it, which I really feel is the motivation behind 90% of the folks who buy that kind of cigar. Again, JMO.

Stripes Gonz
What a funny ass movie. :thumbs:

"Call me Francis and I'll kill you." :laugh: :laugh:

Wilkey

I have a tendency to tell folks what I think when it comes to our little hobby, and I also tend to the blunt side of things. What I think is silly, I tend to say I think is silly.

My intent to you was to caution that FWIW, IMO they aren't even worth MSRP and if your tastes would by like mine you may find as I did that it was a neat looking cigar that you won't chase again.

My intent to Wade was to say "way to go" to him on his score, but also to shake my head out loud about buying this designer stuff just to say you have it, which I really feel is the motivation behind 90% of the folks who buy that kind of cigar. Again, JMO.
Fish,

That's great and also respected here. :thumbs: Give us a little time and a few more posts to get to know you and we'll figure out each other's wavelength. I see you're a regular at CF. Hope you see good things here as well.

Wilkey

Gracias Wilkey.

I no longer post on CF for varying reasons. Hoping to find a time wasting home here that suites me better than CF did. :)

Welcome to CP Flyfish.

I have seen Stripes...that's why I placed the ;) at the end of my sentence. :laugh:

P.S. You can have Wilkey's muse...after she leaves my house. :sign:

Go to the top of the page. In the right hand corrner click on "Search". When that page comes up type "Bloom" in the search box. Highlight "the Good Life" and click on "Show Results as Posts". Click Search and read.

I need help from my fellow BOTL.

How can I tell the difference between "Bloom" for the aging process and mold???

I was at my local B/M looking at some VSG's and they had white furry looking dust stuff on them, I told the owner that he had mold and he told me no way. He said it was from the aging process. Can anyone PLEASE post some pictures of each??

I would really be greatfull if someone could do that.

thanks

Alex

I love it when a plan comes together :)

What's worse is when you get the 6 replacements and 2 of them have mold on the wrapper and the foot. I even asked the vendor to inspect them himself. :angry:

Needless to say, I'm hesitate to buy anything else from this vendor. To spend a couple times MSRP and experience this kind of frustration isn't worth it.

Interesting thread, in spite of the side track into movies and and one's propensity to pay whatever for whatever cigars.

Questions:

1. Who is the vendor? If the vendor has been shipping less than quality product not once, but twice, BOTLs here on CP would benefit from a heads up. IMO.

2. Are we sure these are actually SHARKS? All the Sharks I've seen and/or purchased, have a cedar wrap and are in cellophane? Perhaps they also are available naked, but I've never seen them. Or the cellophane was removed and the cedar?? Just thought it was worth a mention.

Editing your post down to nothing is not only bad form it is a bit pointless since I quoted it completely in my reply. ;) I hope you learned to search or your time here could be quite arduous.

(Snip....)

2. Are we sure these are actually SHARKS? All the Sharks I've seen and/or purchased, have a cedar wrap and are in cellophane? Perhaps they also are available naked, but I've never seen them. Or the cellophane was removed and the cedar?? Just thought it was worth a mention.
BrewMeister - I've never see a Shark wrapped in cedar; as I understand it, it's the one in the line that isn't wrapped. I've never bought nor received one wrapped in cedar. Check this photo....

Regards - B.B.S.

BBS is right. I've never seen a shark with cedar wrap.

The vendor is www.cigar.com. I will add that despite my frustration with moldy sharks, they have stepped up and quickly sent replacements.

I asked them to send OpuX robustos in place of the latest batch of moldy sharks.