• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just smoked a bowl of Early Morning Pipe. It was very different. I really didn't know what to think of it. Not in a bad way just different, then again I am still very new at this.

I've smoked about 2 tins of it and I still can't figure out what to think about it. The one tin is about 5 years old and it's pretty good, but still odd. Sometimes I take a puff and it's almost heavenly and a few minutes later it tastes (and smells) of dirty socks.

Red Rapparee and Presbyterian are much better Virginia/Oriental mixtures to my taste. Tastes do vary, though.

Yea I figure I'll wait to try this stuff again after I have had a few more different ones.

Right now I am smoking Boswell's Magnum Blend. It is very smooth. It is my first bowl I have smoked and not had to relight or anything. It's been wonderfull. Hell I never thought I would be able to smoke a pipe in one sitting for 30 minutes or so.

One thing I have learned from smoking this bowl, do not be afraid to pack it good. I think all the others were not packed enough and only lasted about 15 minutes. This one is pushing 30-45 minutes. This has been a wonderful smoking experience.

Well off to bed I have had two pipe full and a Bolivar RC.... Plenty of nic for the day I'd say!!!

Just smoked a bowl of Early Morning Pipe. It was very different. I really didn't know what to think of it. Not in a bad way just different, then again I am still very new at this.

I've smoked about 2 tins of it and I still can't figure out what to think about it. The one tin is about 5 years old and it's pretty good, but still odd. Sometimes I take a puff and it's almost heavenly and a few minutes later it tastes (and smells) of dirty socks.

Red Rapparee and Presbyterian are much better Virginia/Oriental mixtures to my taste. Tastes do vary, though.
From what I've read, the Murray blend was really something special and the Orlik version(most recent) totally missed the mark. The original idea was a simple blend with extremely high quality Orientals and VAs. It's a shame I didn't have more ready cash because three Murray EMPs were on auction tonight on eBay. Although, generally, I don't see the sense in spending big bucks on pipe tobacco when there are so many good blends for less! But I am curious, of course. ;)

Speaking of good blends for less, I tried C&D Briar Fox today and was wowed. I plan on making a purchase for the cellar soon and it will include the last three tobaccos I've tried! :D IMHO, any one of them are as good as the couple Murray blends I've smoked.

Stopped by The Pipe and Pint today while in Greensboro, NC and picked up several new tins. Tonight I am smoking Brebbia - Latakia Flake #9 and it is really damn tasty. It seems similar to Penzance which is one of my favorites.

The Pipe and Pint is an awesome shop that has a great selection of pipes, tins, cigars and craft beer. My kinda place. :thumbs:

Wow, that place sounds amazing! I gotta add that to my East Coast points of interest for my next road trip.

SG FVF, Christmas Cheer '08, etc. ;)

I smoked a few bowls yesterday and my tongue is recovering today

`08 christmas cheer. Loving it.

I think I am going to make a tobacco order today. I've gotta get some of that Christmas Cheer.

Thinking about a few that I wanna try. Here is my potential list for todays order...

GL Pease Westminster
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
McClelland Christmas Cheer '08
Penzance

A lot of English up there, except CC '08. I'd like to get one more really nice Virginia to have on hand. Any ideas?

Early Morning Pipe on the way to work. Later today I have some Squadron Leader. Tonight will be for Cigars.

Last week on my fishing trip, I really got acquainted with my pipes. I had 2-4 bowls per day and have come a long way in packing ability and appreciation for the blends I brought with me. Red Rapparee, 3Noggins, NightCap, and Squadron Leader all got generous pipe time and I enjoyed them all. The Squadron Leader really grew on me as I had hoped it would. It was really a great smoking week and I hope to delve into some more blends.

Boswell's Hunters Choice in my Danbark poker while sitting by the fire pit tonight. Nice,crisp early fall evening! :thumbs:

Sitting outside on a nice calm night under the gazebo, with my new pipe a Cassano Verona I got off of Ebay. Smoking Boswell's Vanilla Cream in it and enjoying the night to it's fullest.

Today was a bowl of Penzance in a Parker Royal followed a bit later by a bowl of Squadron Leader in a 1993 Savinelli Sandblasted Bent Dublin.

3 bowls of Boswell's Hunters Choice (had to finish the bag :laugh: ) in my Boswell Fishing pipe while cleaning my gutters & mowing the grass, and a bowl of 965 in a Boswell bulldog sitter by the fire tonight.

`08 christmas cheer. Loving it.

I think I am going to make a tobacco order today. I've gotta get some of that Christmas Cheer.

Thinking about a few that I wanna try. Here is my potential list for todays order...

GL Pease Westminster
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
McClelland Christmas Cheer '08
Penzance

A lot of English up there, except CC '08. I'd like to get one more really nice Virginia to have on hand. Any ideas?

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake is a great one many people like, myself included. But I just tried Cornell & Diehl Virginia Gentleman and was very impressed. Cornell & Diehl make some great blends and are usually ready to smoke, unlike SG FVF. Also, I like the types of cuts they use for most of their blends. Cornell & Diehl Ridin' the Raid is the next Virginia I want to try.

Orliks Golden Sliced is another good VA flake

I started Sunday with a bowl of Cairo. :)

Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I may check out the Orlik, as that is one that I have heard a few good things about.

I took a road trip today and grabbed the Tom Thumb Briar to try out. It exceeded my expectations. Perfect for a quick bowl at lunch. I packed it with a mix of 965 amd Partagas I prepared in a small plastic bag. It provided 20 min of relaxation I needed after a stressful interview and before heading home. It didn't overheat and produced plenty of smoke - more than I thought possible for the little squirt that it is.

I smoked some McClelland bulk #5100 Red Cake in my new Boswell last night.

What a great experience! My main reason for smoking this blend was to start the break in process of my new pipe. It is a mild VA that has a great rich creamy taste to it, and I've read that it is good as a break in tobacco to build some cake. It is pretty sweet but I loved it completely. The room note was not bad at all either. The Boswell smoked like a CHAMP! What an amazing pipe. I truly have every bit of respect for that family and the products they create.

Smoked some Boswells Best in my Brigham.

Good smoke and I'm really starting to like this blend, not really a full aromatic but has a hint of vanilla in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.